What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings Week 9 (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
This seems like a bit of a rough week for DFS.  Seems like only 2 high scoring games that everybody will be on - Det/Oak and TB/Seattle.   DK did a "great" job of pricing all those players up too, especially at the WR position - Golladay priced at WR2 for the slate, Lockett WR4, Godwin WR6, and Evans WR8 and all over 7K.   Couple that with there looking to be not a ton of value at RB, and this will be interesting.

My first run through with cash and my thoughts:

QB - I think it's a pay down spot for cash for me this week.  Looking at guys like Brissett, Carr, and Rivers.  

RB - Like I said, I am not seeing a lot of value here.  Looking at matchup/opportunities/Vegas totals, and I landed on Cook/Jacobs/A.Jones for my initial build.  If I don't think I can pay for a Cook/CMC player, I also wrote down Mack and Chubb.  

WR - I THINK it's a high-mid-low type of week again.   Maybe a 7K+ guy in one of the marquee games, a 5K guy, and a 4K guy.   I have names like Sutton, T.Williams, C.Samuel, Mike Will, DJ Moore written down.   I also like guys in the 6K range like JuJu and K.Allen.  

TE:  without value at RB, I think I am paying down and trying Goedert this week.  Approaching 20% targets the last couple weeks and is 3K less than Kelce/Waller/Henry

DT:  I am honestly thinking about taking the 1.8K crapper with Wash.  They popped up at #4 for sack potential for the main slate and have 5, 10, 8, and 6 points the last 4 weeks.  

Right now my placeholder is:

Rivers - Cook/Jacobs/A.Jones - Evans/Metcalf/D.Thomas - Goedert - Wash

:oldunsure:

Dropping from Cook to Chubb would allow me to have D.Thomas + 2 WRs with an average salary of 7.6K.   So Lockett/Evans, Evans/Golladay, etc..  

@KarmaPolice

I think Min @ KC and GB @ LAC both have a "chance" to shoot out.  I think I fade the two you mentioned in GPP and aim for those for the stacks, and then sprinkle in one from those other games.  Seems like it could be a solid strategy for GPP.

First run at GPP

Rivers, McCaffrey and Cook, Keenan Allen + Anthony Miller + Crowder,  TJ Hockenson, Lazard, and the mighty Pit D.

Completely boom or bust, but its worth a couple bucks.  Its hard to fit the top two RBs in, but like you mentioned, I don't see a lot of value in there.

@KarmaPolice

I think Min @ KC and GB @ LAC both have a "chance" to shoot out.  I think I fade the two you mentioned in GPP and aim for those for the stacks, and then sprinkle in one from those other games.  Seems like it could be a solid strategy for GPP.

First run at GPP

Rivers, McCaffrey and Cook, Keenan Allen + Anthony Miller + Crowder,  TJ Hockenson, Lazard, and the mighty Pit D.

Completely boom or bust, but its worth a couple bucks.  Its hard to fit the top two RBs in, but like you mentioned, I don't see a lot of value in there.
I am right there with you.  I was looking at both of those games to see if there is anything to mine from them for a gpp - Rivers/K.Allen stood out to me as well like you have listed up here.  As I was looking at the WOPR scores as usual, in the last couple weeks I believe it was C.Samuel and K.Allen at the top and Allen is a bit cheaper than the other "studs" on the slate.     

Of the 2 high o/u games, I seem to like Det/Oak more because at least the Oak the side is pretty cheap with Carr/Waller/T.Williams/Jacobs doable salary-wise.  

I revised my process a little bit so I could focus more on PPR plays and non-ppr plays, going game by game (without looking at pricing) instead of just looking for value.  I view the non-ppr plays a little safer with a floor and more for Fanduel.  These were all the names I wrote down for possibly cash lineups, also bolded all the value one's which I looked at after I made this list.  

Washington/Buffalo - Josh Allen cash play, John Brown possibly.  

Tennessee/Carolina - Maybe Jonnu again, maybe AJ Brown if I look through matchup data and he passes.  McCaffrey obviously.  

Minnesota/Kansas City - Love Diggs, love Cook, possibly Irv Smith?.  Cheapest KC WR possibly as well

New York Jets/Miami - Bell probably, Darnold possibly, Herndon if cheap, cheapest Miami WR (turns out prices were all cheap Albert Wilson 3500, Jakeem Grant 3k, Hurns 3k, snap count says none should be played)

Chicago/Philadelphia - Trubisky (if desperate for salary relief) Allen Robinson, Cohen, Taylor Gabriel, Ertz maybe?  

Indianapolis/Pittsburgh - Marlon Mack, Doyle? Ebron?  Mason Rudolph maybe, Jaylen Samuels (if no Conner), Diontae Johnson, James Washington 

Detroit/Oakland - Stafford, Golladay, Marvin Jones, Carr, Tyrell, Waller, Jacobs, literally everyone of name value could be played in cash.  Not touching Ty Johnson/McKissick, Washington, Renfrow, Doss.

Tampa Bay/Seattle - Winston, Godwin/Evans obviously, Brate maybe? Russell Wilson, Lockett, Metcalf, all viable for cash I think.  Wouldn't want Carson or Ronald Jones.  

Cleveland/Denver - Chubb, Lindsay/Freeman (again snap share/useage dependant) 

Green Bay/Los Angeles - Aaron Jones, cheapest GB WR depending on useage (they literally all played about the same snaps last week, Lazard 3900, MVS 5600, Allison 4200, Kumerow 3400) , Mike Williams, Hunter Henry.

Then I looked at salary for this list and came up with a lineup based on most of the guys I wanted with the PPR floor.

Josh Allen

LeVeon Bell, Aaron Jones, Josh Jacobs

Diggs, Mike Williams, Diontae Johnson (this is probably my bias subconscious pick as I hate Washington as a player even though he's cheaper and roughly the same snap count)

Irv Smith

Panthers

Plenty of other players on this list that I'd feel a little more comfortable with but as usual it's tough jamming in your favorite plays all in 1 lineup.  I'll take some of those to the Fanduel thread with a little more big play potential and not as PPR floor based.  

Qb.  B. Mayfield

Rb. N. Chubb.  Will be in a lot of line ups

Rb. M. Gordon. G.b. stinks against the run

Wr. OBJ

Wr. C. Godwin

Wr. M. Williams

Te.  H. Henry. G.B. stinks against the TE.

Flex.  D. Waller.   Should have a decent. Game.

D. Redskins

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I look at stuff, the more I am considering Cook+CMC in cash this week.  It's doable with the WR values I see and if I use Rivers like I seem to be leaning towards.   I like the Seattle/TB matchup less and less, and probably could get those two RBs in and use cheaper pieces from the other potential shootout games like Amendola, T.Williams, M.Williams, etc..  

Must. Resist. anti-2TE rant.  

;)
Did ok last week had Jonnu in every lineup helped.  Rolling with Henry in every lineup this week.  N. Chubb will be in almost every lineup.😉 

Only went with Hooper, Waller, and Brate.  Last week.  When you go with The like Smith and Brate you can pivot up and get good scoring player's.

N. Fant is a good player this week and if he gets more than 10 pts I'm good.  Viking te also are good cheap options. But pickings are slim this week, besides Henry and Waller Although Ertz could finally have a break out game.

The more I look at stuff, the more I am considering Cook+CMC in cash this week.  It's doable with the WR values I see and if I use Rivers like I seem to be leaning towards.   I like the Seattle/TB matchup less and less, and probably could get those two RBs in and use cheaper pieces from the other potential shootout games like Amendola, T.Williams, M.Williams, etc..  
Yep.  I’m liking those WRs also

Hard to come up with anything worth a crap in the showdown tonight.  I guess I will put SF D in the captain spot and work from there.

What I don't get is Drake wasnt Supposed to be in line ups cause his points wouldn't count.  So I didn't put him in even though I was expecting a big game.  Low and behold the winners have Drake in their lineups.   I would have had the same line up as the $30000 winner but because it said you couldn't use Drake I switched him out.  And won $5 freaking dollars instead of the top prize, would have been 45000 split between two people FML.  Extreme B.S.

What I don't get is Drake wasnt Supposed to be in line ups cause his points wouldn't count.  So I didn't put him in even though I was expecting a big game.  Low and behold the winners have Drake in their lineups.   I would have had the same line up as the $30000 winner but because it said you couldn't use Drake I switched him out.  And won $5 freaking dollars instead of the top prize, would have been 45000 split between two people FML.  Extreme B.S.
It was weird.  I got an email yesterday that he would get points despite what the banner on the site said.  Why couldn't they take down the banner instead of sending an email out, or take down that banner as well? 

Why do you trust Rivers so much?  

Made the mistake of locking Kittle in as captain in all of my lineups last night.  Still came out ahead, but could have been much better.

It was weird.  I got an email yesterday that he would get points despite what the banner on the site said.  Why couldn't they take down the banner instead of sending an email out, or take down that banner as well? 
Dang guess I should have read my email.

Why do you trust Rivers so much?  
Not sure trust is the right word.  I like the price, and the Chargers have the highest pass % of the teams on main slate.  There were some drops last week, and I think the Packers can push that game a little.  

Mostly its about construction and liking the idea of Cook and cMc in cash, so I started looking down at qb.  If Connor is out, Samuels will free up a little $, but still probably not going to end up on Wilson or Stafford in cash.  Pretty sure I will stick to Carr or Rivers and use the savings elsewhere.  

Not sure trust is the right word.  I like the price, and the Chargers have the highest pass % of the teams on main slate.  There were some drops last week, and I think the Packers can push that game a little.  

Mostly its about construction and liking the idea of Cook and cMc in cash, so I started looking down at qb.  If Connor is out, Samuels will free up a little $, but still probably not going to end up on Wilson or Stafford in cash.  Pretty sure I will stick to Carr or Rivers and use the savings elsewhere.  
There was one podcast I listened to this summer that gave a bit of general advice for cash that stuck out to me and Ive tried to use this year. Its had positive results for the most part compared to my years past, not massive, but noticeable in cash games

What they said was, "Paying up at QB for dfs is a luxury, not a necessity." RB and then WR return value on their salary more than any other position(RB the most). So I start my roster construction at RB and then do WR. From there, remaining salary gives me the teir of QB, TE, Flex, DEF I'm looking at using in any given lineup. There are of course players I def want in a lineup certain weeks that tweaks the build process sometimes. For instance, like you said, if Conner sits this week, I will have almost 100% exposure to Samuels in cash in my flex spot or if the Pats DEF is playing any rookie or struggling qb, etc etc. 

Last edited by a moderator:
KarmaPolice said:

I used Rivers to toy with my lineup a bit and I came out looking like I really like it.

Rivers

Chubb, Aaron Jones, Jaylen Samuels

Diggs, Demarcus Robinson, Metcalf

Waller

Steelers

Tried to get Cook in there, but then I needed to go Irv Smith and I felt that was too many Vikings for cash.  Or I could go Cook > Chubb, and Taylor Gabriel > Metcalf.  We'll see.  

I used Rivers to toy with my lineup a bit and I came out looking like I really like it.

Rivers

Waller

Steelers

Tried to get Cook in there, but then I needed to go Irv Smith and I felt that was too many Vikings for cash.  Or I could go Cook > Chubb, and Taylor Gabriel > Metcalf.  We'll see.  
This lineup looks like 🔥 🔥. D Robinson is the only one who remotely makes me go hmm, but he is an obvious salary play. Nice lineup! 

Rivers

Waller

Steelers

I like it.  I am not sure if I am being stubborn on the 2 top studs or what, but when I did my opportunity calculations for DK on the main slate, the rank was:

CMC

Carson

Cook

Mack

Jacobs

Connor (probably out?)

Chubb

A.Jones.   

Don't like the matchup for Carson and Mack is not guy I like a ton on DK, so that kept putting me on jamming in CMC + Cook.  

So now my cash LU looks a bit different than the placeholder that I posted above:

Rivers - Cook/CMC/Samuel - T.Will/M.Will/Amendola - Goedert - Car

A couple of those guys I am still staring at, mostly the 2 Williams and Goedert.   Very similar to my FD idea now, but over there I can get Cook/CMC/Chubb in with those types of WRs if I use Carr.  

Full disclosure - I very well could not be smart enough to read this chart, but thought some things were interesting IF I am reading it right.  I was listening to the RG pod with the Advanced Sports Analytics guys and they have a correlation chart they just did this week available for free this weekend.  Their main talking point was that especially for gpps, correlating players on teams are key, and knowing which ones don't go together as well.  As an example, they used Evans and Godwin as an example and said they have a pretty negative correlation - ie if one goes off, typically the other doesn't, so a Winston + Godwin + Evans stack probably isn't the best idea.  The better way to attack the game would be from the other side and do Wilson + Lockett + Metcalf, and do one of Evans/Godwin as a comeback.  Or just do a smaller stack of Winston + 1wr + 1 seattle WR.  

Other pairs that had negative correlations on their chart for the main slate:

Diggs/Thielen, Marvin Jones/Golladay, T.Williams/Waller, Amendola/Golladay, K.Allen/M.Williams

Some interesting ones that I saw that had big positive correlations:

Diggs/Rudolph, Amendola/Marvin Jones, M.Williams/Henry,  D.Thomas + either other WR

As far as best positive correlations with QB + WR, I saw:

Wilson/Lockett, Rodgers/Adams, Stafford/Amendola, Cousins/Diggs, Winston/Evans, Darnold/D.Thomas, Wentz/Jeffrey, K.Allen/Olsen, Rivers/Allen, 

I was leaning more the Oak/Det game for gpp, and I think now I might fire off a few variations of Stafford/Amendola/Jones + T.Will or Waller as a comeback.  

Super weird to pivot off the Bell chalk is Darnold + D.Thomas/R.Anderson with Parker as a comeback.  

KarmaPolice said:

bucksoh said:
Dang guess I should have read my email.
I submitted a ticket, my account was credited for all my showdowns and my thurs-mon will be credited Tuesday (unless I come out ahead.)

I submitted a ticket, my account was credited for all my showdowns and my thurs-mon will be credited Tuesday (unless I come out ahead.)
Did you use the contract us?   Not sure we're to submit a ticket.  Can you tell me.  TIA!

Looking at the ownership stuff and what I posted above, and I like the idea of a Stafford/DannyA/Jones stack with an Oak player as a comeback.   I will have 3 or 4 of those, and like this idea, but need to think about who the RB2 will be:

Stafford - J.Samuels/???? - Amendola/Jones/Evans/Lockett - Waller - Wash

This would leave 5.7K for a RB in the ????, and I could also drop farther down here and do something else with the DT.  

Lots of options with the core of the bolded players, and it looks like that Danny/Jones might be fairly low owned, as will the RB I put in the other spot.  

Looking at the ownership stuff and what I posted above, and I like the idea of a Stafford/DannyA/Jones stack with an Oak player as a comeback.   I will have 3 or 4 of those, and like this idea, but need to think about who the RB2 will be:

Stafford - J.Samuels/???? - Amendola/Jones/Evans/Lockett - Waller - Wash

This would leave 5.7K for a RB in the ????, and I could also drop farther down here and do something else with the DT.  

Lots of options with the core of the bolded players, and it looks like that Danny/Jones might be fairly low owned, as will the RB I put in the other spot.  
I like Miles Sanders or Royce as good GPP options.  Prefer Sanders if he truly just breaks out.  

I've done 0 GPP lineups this week so I have no pulse on that composition.  Leaving it alone for this week.  It's beginning to get tiresome.  

I like Miles Sanders or Royce as good GPP options.  Prefer Sanders if he truly just breaks out.  

I've done 0 GPP lineups this week so I have no pulse on that composition.  Leaving it alone for this week.  It's beginning to get tiresome.  
I had both of them written down, plus:  J.Howard, Gordon, Walton, Lindsay, and D.Montgomery.  

Hearing Samuels being projected at 50-60% owned makes me think about taking a shot with a couple guys down here and not have him in a LU or two.  

Putting together 8 gpp LUs.  

Everyone is going with J.Samuels but why not Colts D? Going up against a backup QB and third string RB. 

TwinTurbo said:
Everyone is going with J.Samuels but why not Colts D? Going up against a backup QB and third string RB. 
For me, I am trying to stick to my pressures/hurries/sacks/OL lists when looking at DTs, and Indy didn't show up there.  Plus the popular Carolina D is the exact same price, so I assume people land on that first.  

Rivers

Cook, Aaron Jones, Jaylen Samuels

Diggs, Demarcus Robinson, Gabriel

Waller

Steelers

I decided to take my alternative lineup here.  Cook > Chubb and Taylor Gabriel > Metcalf.

Only thing I don't particularly like is Rivers, but I don't think he'll be bad, just don't like his ceiling this week.  Chubb going to go for 26/210/3 now that I've changed it.

The only thing I got right was Jaylen Samuels and so did 85% of the people in my cash games.  Rough week with 0 wins. 

did ok in gpp with 4 lineups that scored over 200 with Seahawks stacks + CMac. I could not get the defenses right though. 

For me, I am trying to stick to my pressures/hurries/sacks/OL lists when looking at DTs, and Indy didn't show up there.  Plus the popular Carolina D is the exact same price, so I assume people land on that first.  
Well it looks like the correct choice was the Steelers D. 

CAR still did better than IND too. Nice call. 

Looks like lines for cash contests were 150-160.  My LU scored only 139.  Rivers and Allen were the big reason, and Cook didn't help.  Didn't hit anything in cash obviously.  12.50 in, 0 out

Ended up 50cents up for the day due to my gpps.   Had scores of 184, 191, 195, and 233 (probably my best scoring LU ever) there $8 in, $21 out here.  

Big LU was:  Wilson - Singletary/Samuels - Lockett/Metcalf/Evans/M.Williams - Waller - Car

Basically all 4 were a similar construction - either Singletary/Samuels or AP/Samuels and  then 2 Seattle stacks and 2 Det stacks.  Worst gpp was my goofy WTF Trubisky LU, and 2nd worst was using the optimizer for the base idea of Det stack and had it fill out the rest.  

On to week 10!! 

Salvaged the week a little bit thanks to that garbage defensive TD by Dallas last night in the showdown.

Captain was Cooper, then Barkley, Prescott, Dallas D, and the two kickers.  2.5 points from #1.

Does anyone pay for content?  What is cheapest, best?  I can't see spending $40-70 per month  just for content.  Is there something cheaper? TIA!

Caesar said:
Salvaged the week a little bit thanks to that garbage defensive TD by Dallas last night in the showdown.

Captain was Cooper, then Barkley, Prescott, Dallas D, and the two kickers.  2.5 points from #1.
Glad it helped you because that garbage TD cost me about $70 in my entries.  :wall: :kicksrock:   That's part of the joys of this game though, the ups and downs, especially on a single game slate.  I will say that it makes watching those ####ty games a lot more bearable.  All in all it was a good week for me because I finished up right at $390.

Glad it helped you because that garbage TD cost me about $70 in my entries.  :wall: :kicksrock:   That's part of the joys of this game though, the ups and downs, especially on a single game slate.  I will say that it makes watching those ####ty games a lot more bearable.  All in all it was a good week for me because I finished up right at $390.
My buddy was in 1st looking at $50k and that garbage td took him down to $30. We’ll keep trying...

Sounds like I needed it more than you.  :D  

Users who are viewing this thread