What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 9 (1 Viewer)

Galileo

Footballguy
My initial reaction looking over the main slate and player options is that this is going to be a difficult week to settle on a line up.  The stud RBs are getting real expensive, and I am not seeing the great values of earlier in the season that could offset those costs.  I like a lot of WRs in the 7-8k range, but can't afford all of them.  

QBs - I penciled in Stafford as my knee jerk reaction.  How could you not like Russell Wilson vs. TB, but at $8600, I'll need to find some value plays to fit this salary in.  Only $700 more than Stafford though, so maybe...  Moving down the chart Cousins or Allen could work.  Bargain option - Matt Moore.  Bottom Dollar - Brandon Allen (not sure I could pull the trigger on this for cash as Denver may just run wild all day, but substantial savings)

RBs - Of course McCaffery and Cook, but GULP! on the price tag!  Chubb, Jones, Jacobs, Lindsay/Freemen (potential big day on the ground, but which...?), and Walton (nice salary relief option) all look interesting.  I so badly want to go back to Leveon Bell this week, but I keep getting burned...9 carries is hard to swallow...but it is Miami!

WRs - Golladay, Lockett, and ARob, are all in good spots and within a few hundred dollars of each other.  Can't afford them all though if paying for a RB or two.  I like Sutton again, but have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth with him from last week.  T. Williams and J. Brown are also interesting in that price tier.  There are some possible bargain bin WRs, but I'm not so sure I trust them for cash...Johnson, Lazard

TE - thinking I will be paying up for Waller.  Henry is also a possibility

D - No NE on the main slate, so I am looking at the NYJ, but this may be a good week to spend down here and hope for the best.  Washington at $3k looks like a tempting money saver.

Placeholder: Stafford, Cook, Chubb, Lindsay, Lockett, T. Williams, Lazard, Waller, WAS...  Probably need to eliminate the Williams/Waller combo and try to upgrade Lazard... $300 left to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:
FD is for sure easier than DK this week.  

I started with the same salary savers in Wash D and Goedert and was able to get in Stafford, Cook, CMC, Lockett as well.  

Yeah this week sucks.  I am considering Carr at QB for cash.  Somebody help me.  
not a terrible play against DET and he's thrown 2+ TD's in 4 of the last 5 games. The one game he didn't was the Jacobs show in London vs. CHI. Also just got Tyrell Williams back last week. Should be playing from behind. 

Not saying I love the play, but its a contrarian play with a solid floor I think. 🤷‍♂️ 

Like I mentioned in the DK thread, there's a lot of plays I like a lot for cash purposes.  Problem is fitting them in a lineup.  Fanduel, as usual, seems easier to build something you're more comfortable with.  Pricing is just easier to find good plays rather than somewhat dart throw plays.  Anyways I'm looking at specific games more than normal and then finding value after that so I came up with this.

Josh Allen

Aaron Jones, Le'Veon Bell, Jaylen Samuels (assuming he's healthy, he'll be 60% in cash if he is) 

Diggs, Golladay, Metcalf

Hunter Henry

Panthers D

The core is basically the same as my DK one, which I don't know if that makes me more nervous or more comfortable.  Josh Allen, Aaron Jones, LeVeon, Diggs as the core must plays.  Maybe they're just too chalky?  I'm looking more for big play players, rather than PPR types so maybe Bell is not the play, but this will be my placeholder.  If I go off Bell, I'd want to get up to Cook, and the pricing gap is a lot so I'd have to save on WR quite a bit.  Not sure how/if I'm going to do that.  

Locking in Demaryius Thomas at $4,800 because of what it allows me to do with the rest of my lineup.  Certainly a risk, but he is mispriced.  

Also locking in Redskins defense at $3,000.  They are not a terrible unit and Bufallo's pass protection has not been great.  

This lets me fit Lockett and Godwin, Stafford, Bell, and Aaron Jones.  

This will be the first week I pay up at WR which I don't like generally.  Should be interesting.  Not having either of Cook or CMC also concerns me.  

Hopefully this doesn't burn me, but I just can't do Bell this week - even vs. Miami.  Especially for FD purposes - he only has 6 RZ carries all year because the O is terrible.  Wentz and Brady have more RZ carries than he does this year.  

I was having a little fun with jamming 3 great RBs for cash, and I will say that I don't hate something like this:

Carr - CMC/Cook/Chubb - T.Will/M.Will/Marvin - Doyle - Wash

Hopefully this doesn't burn me, but I just can't do Bell this week - even vs. Miami.  Especially for FD purposes - he only has 6 RZ carries all year because the O is terrible.  Wentz and Brady have more RZ carries than he does this year.  
Heard some chatter on the radio about Bell being vocal regarding his lack of touches and that he had a meeting with Gase to discuss it.  The report was that Gase agreed with him.  Ugh...I haven't read any of the online reports, but it appears there is some truth to this from the headlines I see.  Is there a better opportunity for a Bell coming out party than against Miami?  Squeaky wheel...  I hate that I am being drawn in this direction again.  A big sucker sign on my forehead at the moment, I currently have him in my line up.  So I may get burned in the other direction.

Heard some chatter on the radio about Bell being vocal regarding his lack of touches and that he had a meeting with Gase to discuss it.  The report was that Gase agreed with him.  Ugh...I haven't read any of the online reports, but it appears there is some truth to this from the headlines I see.  Is there a better opportunity for a Bell coming out party than against Miami?  Squeaky wheel...  I hate that I am being drawn in this direction again.  A big sucker sign on my forehead at the moment, I currently have him in my line up.  So I may get burned in the other direction.
I don't love this week, so I am backing off $-wise - so I guess I will take this stand.  I also don't seem to like Seattle/TB much this week either.  Seems like I am mostly leaning stud RBs and picking off the cheap WRs in the Oak/Det/GB/LaC games.  

Haha...I lied.   I just looked and I don't have him in.  I thought I already did.  :shrug:  Seriously considering working him in though.  

bell will be in at least half of my cash lineups and some gpps. 

I get it, he's burned me in random lineups over the last couple of weeks as well. But he still has the best matchup of the season and I love his cost (pairing with cook a LOT). Darnold has a small injury on non throwing hand, looking to get the ball out quicker to avoid hits? Jets defense is down like 5 LB on the year now, just traded their best DT away, secondary is already a mess... should lead to the dolphins being able to keep this game competitive(I can see a potential shootout). I just can't see Bell disappointing at his cost, barring injury. I also like the fear factor pushing people away from him this week, keeping his ownership numbers under what they probably should be. 

Now, this could all come slamming back in my face with another stinker, but ill take that gamble this week confidently. 

Love this week for GPPs, low scoring week predicted with only a few games most will stack, easy to get contrarian with some stacks and game stacks.  This will be one of the few weeks I do more GPP than Cash.

As for Cash, not so much, right now I'm going

Staff/Cook/Bell/DJMoore/Dionte Johnson/MJones Jr/Goedert/McCaff/Buff

May make some minor adjustments if Haskins doesn't start for Wash and go Henry at TE and Pitt at Def

Love this week for GPPs, low scoring week predicted with only a few games most will stack, easy to get contrarian with some stacks and game stacks.  This will be one of the few weeks I do more GPP than Cash.

As for Cash, not so much, right now I'm going

Staff/Cook/Bell/DJMoore/Dionte Johnson/MJones Jr/Goedert/McCaff/Buff

May make some minor adjustments if Haskins doesn't start for Wash and go Henry at TE and Pitt at Def
What games are you targeting for GPP'?

Going to fade the Seat/TB game

For game stacks I'll get some combo of

OAK/Det

GB/LAC

Minn/KC

Phily/Chic

Some stacks I really like

Carr/Waller or TWill

Staff/Golloday or MJJR or even Hockenson

Darnold/RAnderson

Trubisky/ARob

Cousins/Digg

Bell/NYJ

Wilson/Mecalf

Rivers/Eck or KA or even HH

We always list our lineups here before Sunday then never know how each other really did.  Might as well play a free match against each other so someone can have bragging rights.  Enter your GPP plays in this private contest (10 spots):

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/39835-230884549
I don't play GPP, but I threw my cash line up in there for ####s and giggles.  Maybe I should "test drive" a GPP line up and use this arena to improve my GPP skills.  

Current line up is Stafford, Cook, Chubb, Bell, Lockett, DJ Moore, D. Johnson, Waller, WAS

I would think Jaylen Samuels is a must start in Cash if Connor is out. As of now it’ll looks like Connor is out most likely

I would think Jaylen Samuels is a must start in Cash if Connor is out. As of now it’ll looks like Connor is out most likely
I keep re-thinking and wondering if I need him in my line up just in case he goes off since it seems he will be so highly owned.  I don't really want the Samuels/Johnson stack though.  I keep thinking the same about CMC...  Can't play them all, I guess.

I keep re-thinking and wondering if I need him in my line up just in case he goes off since it seems he will be so highly owned.  I don't really want the Samuels/Johnson stack though.  I keep thinking the same about CMC...  Can't play them all, I guess.
Not sure if I will have much of Samuels on FD.   I am not convinced that team will score much, and it's not like the top end guys are uber consistent.  We don't have a M.Thomas and Hopkins type of WR at the top to use the savings on this week.   Feels like you have to flip a coin if Evans or Godwin will be the guy this week, or if it's Golladay or Jones, etc.. so I am not overly excited to pay all the way up for those guys in cash.  

ETA:  I will have a lot of him on DK though.  

Not sure if I will have much of Samuels on FD.   I am not convinced that team will score much, and it's not like the top end guys are uber consistent.  We don't have a M.Thomas and Hopkins type of WR at the top to use the savings on this week.   Feels like you have to flip a coin if Evans or Godwin will be the guy this week, or if it's Golladay or Jones, etc.. so I am not overly excited to pay all the way up for those guys in cash.  

True no Hopkins or Thomas but you can get both McCarthy and and Cooks with him in.

Agree, although I did spend up a little for Lockett and Waller.  As topman said, you could get CMC in this way.  The only other thing I might think of spending up on would be defense.  Not excited about WAS, but OK with it.

We always list our lineups here before Sunday then never know how each other really did.  Might as well play a free match against each other so someone can have bragging rights.  Enter your GPP plays in this private contest (10 spots):

https://www.fanduel.com/entry/39835-230884549
Just bumping this in case anyone else is interested.   Right now we have 8 of 10 spots filled.  I hope the contest still plays if it’s not full.  I think it does but not sure.  Good luck tomorrow y’all.

Galileo said:
Agree, although I did spend up a little for Lockett and Waller.  As topman said, you could get CMC in this way.  The only other thing I might think of spending up on would be defense.  Not excited about WAS, but OK with it.
Like I always say - I am just talking out loud here, not pretending I have all the answers. 

I thought about the exact guys you listed, but even Lockett has only one game above 2x this season at his 7.5K price tag.  Waller's games log looks like a gpp TE - either 5-6points or 28.  Henry is the same - TE is just such a volatile position historically I end up spending down there.   I have plenty of Samuel on DK because I think the salaries are much harder over there.   I just sort of dread slates like this where there is a super cheap guy that will be mega owned, but don't see a great play at the top for QB/WR/TE to spend up for and I think I am going against the grain a bit in cash.  

I am still looking long and hard at two different RB combos to go along with Cook: CMC/Samuels or Chubb/Bell.  I keep thinking the floor of CMC/Samuels is higher and would be the safer play for cash.  The CMC/Samuels pairing would give me a Pitsburgh stack with D. Johnson I am not excited about.  Would still have $700 left and could pivot to guys like Jones, M. Williams, McLaurin, P. Williams, or Beasley to replace Johnson.

Like I always say - I am just talking out loud here, not pretending I have all the answers. 

I thought about the exact guys you listed, but even Lockett has only one game above 2x this season at his 7.5K price tag.  Waller's games log looks like a gpp TE - either 5-6points or 28.  Henry is the same - TE is just such a volatile position historically I end up spending down there.   I have plenty of Samuel on DK because I think the salaries are much harder over there.   I just sort of dread slates like this where there is a super cheap guy that will be mega owned, but don't see a great play at the top for QB/WR/TE to spend up for and I think I am going against the grain a bit in cash.  
You make valid points about these guys statistically, but my gut feels pretty confident with these plays this week.  But the appeal of spending down here and having a RB line up of CMC, Cook, and Chubb is enticing.

I am still looking long and hard at two different RB combos to go along with Cook: CMC/Samuels or Chubb/Bell.  I keep thinking the floor of CMC/Samuels is higher and would be the safer play for cash.  The CMC/Samuels pairing would give me a Pitsburgh stack with D. Johnson I am not excited about.  Would still have $700 left and could pivot to guys like Jones, M. Williams, McLaurin, P. Williams, or Beasley to replace Johnson.

You make valid points about these guys statistically, but my gut feels pretty confident with these plays this week.  But the appeal of spending down here and having a RB line up of CMC, Cook, and Chubb is enticing.
I think I am going to stop tinkering and rock this in cash:

Stafford - CMC/Cook/Chubb - Amendola/T.Williams/D.Johnson - Doyle - Wash

Since K.Johnson got hurt, the last 2 weeks Danny has lead the Lions in target share and figure WTF with a little game stack and use T.Will if Waller isn't in here.  Doyle is a punt, but with Hilton out might get a couple extra targets and D.Johnson feels too cheap.  I was deciding between him and D.Thomas at 4.8K for that WR3 spot, and still not 100% sure on that.  

Mahomes sits again.... they are really taking it easy here.  He said for the past 2 weeks he was good to go.  Guess I have to fade Kelce for Waller now, but makes MIN defense look more appealing.

Going all in with the last of my FD funds

$5 50/50

Stafford,Cook,Samuels,Johnson,Evans,Metcalf,Waller,Bell, Browns

25cent gpp

Trubisky,Jacobs,Bell,Robinson,Alshon,Diggs,Olsen, Lockett,Jets

Winston,Freeman,Cmac,Evans, Lockett,Parker,Doyle, Williams,Car

Good luck all!!

AquaBliss said:
Just bumping this in case anyone else is interested.   Right now we have 8 of 10 spots filled.  I hope the contest still plays if it’s not full.  I think it does but not sure.  Good luck tomorrow y’all.
It filled so I couldn't enter, no biggie since I was just going to put a cash lineup in

Just came to post my cash lineup anyways

Josh Allen

Aaron Jones, Dalvin Cook, Jaylen Samuels

Diggs, Metcalf, Demarcus Robinson

Hunter Henry

Browns D

Looks like Samuel at 85% and Bell at 55% in cash.  Cook 70%, CMC 54%.   Lotta concentration around a few RBs.  

Cook at 50% in gpps.  Probably would have faded that if I knew he would be that high in tournaments.  

Pretty much any of them would have been better...  :loco:

massive bust this week.  Scoring wise it'll be my lowest of the year.  Yikes.  Big thanks to Diggs and Aaron Jones being about 15k I think, and dropping 5.5 total as of right now.  

Huge pay lines this week.  I was in one 50/50 with a 155.90 pay line!!!   :shock:   That may be the highest I've seen.  I managed 144.84 and only cashed in 2 out of 12 50/50s.  And those 2 barely hung on for 50th place.  My spend down "value" plays, Diontae Johnson and WAS defense, were too much to overcome.  $24 in...$7.20 out.   Glad I rolled back my play a little this week.

Going all in with the last of my FD funds

$5 50/50

Stafford,Cook,Samuels,Johnson,Evans,Metcalf,Waller,Bell, Browns

25cent gpp

Trubisky,Jacobs,Bell,Robinson,Alshon,Diggs,Olsen, Lockett,Jets

Winston,Freeman,Cmac,Evans, Lockett,Parker,Doyle, Williams,Car

Good luck all!!
Done with FD for awhile. Cash scored 135 but cut was 149+

$245.00 in $55.00 out

Cash lines were very high this week in the $2 Double up(155.02), the $2 50/50s and my $5 H2Hs

Cash LUs went for 139.54 and 142.74 and got shut out

GPP wise had only 2 cash, 178.62 and 178.32

Add to that my Jags looked like poop Sunday morning and it was a crappy Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread