What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2019-20 Hot Stove League Thread: Now including Spring Training (1 Viewer)

Dylan Bundy seems like a guy who will benefit from a change of scenery out of Baltimore.

The Anaheims give up four low-level pitching prospects including two 2019 draft picks who have yet to appear in a minor league game.
So you’re saying there is a chance!

Dylan Bundy has to be one of the most inconsistent, infuriating pitchers ever (from a fantasy baseball perspective at the least).  One night you watch him, and he gives you a solid 5-6 innings.  Very next outing he's getting lit up.  Maybe a change of scenery will help, but numbers don't lie and he's still very hittable.

Reminds me a touch of what I believe Peter Gammons said years ago about Scott Erickson (obvious comparison is they both pitched for the O's).  Commentator stated, Erickson has no-hitter type stuff every time out.  Maybe more so with Bundy prior to elbow surgery, but you see these guys and they are just so inconsistent.  I'd rather have a guy that is just solid start in and start out.

The Anaheims would be elated if they got Scott Erickson production out of Bundy.  He was a workhorse.  I remember him having a great season the year the Twins won it all but I'd forgotten how good of a career he had (25 WAR).  

The game has changed a lot since he pitched.  Not many guys are successful nowadays striking out less than 5 batters per 9.

First rule 5 pick Rony Garcia from the Yankees, was he even on their top 30 prospect list?  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin Perez to Boston for 1/$6M plus a club option. 

I had him in every league I was in last year.  It was fun while it lasted.

Long Ball Larry said:
anybody have a sense of why the stove is so hot this year, when it was so tepid last?
There are additional tax limit implications/penalties based on amount you are over the cap and number of years you are over the cap. You pay a higher percentage if you are over for 3-4 years in a row, etc. There were less teams willing to spend last year because of this (many of the big spenders were trying to get under or at least preparing to get under). Now that the new CBA is only 2 years away, there are more teams willing to spend knowing that things will likely change in 2 years. There are also fewer teams "tanking" and more teams now "going for it", so that helps too.

Call me crazy but I like Maikel Franco to the Royals for 1/$3M.  He's 27 and should benefit from a change in scenery. 

I'll probably draft him in the reserve rounds and drop him in May.

Ian Kinsler retired after a excellent fourteen year career.  He amassed 57.2 career rWAR which puts him ahead of a bunch of Hall of Fame second basemen.  In fantasy, he delivered above average power/speed at a thin position.  He leaves the game with 257 HRs and 243 SBs. 

His comps are strong.

1. Chase Utley (923.5)
  2. Ray Durham (921.9)
  3. Brandon Phillips (904.7)
  4. Bret Boone (889.6)
  5. Bobby Grich (876.1)
  6. Ryne Sandberg (870.9) *
  7. Jay Bell (870.5)
  8. Hanley Ramirez (865.9)
  9. Toby Harrah (859.4)
  10. Bobby Doerr (858.5) *

Anyone else think the MLB gave some of these teams a kick in the pants behind closed doors? Detroit, Miami, etc. are spending on players this offseason that they probably would've ignored the last few winters. And I don't think it's because they're any closer to winning their divisions.

Anyone else think the MLB gave some of these teams a kick in the pants behind closed doors? Detroit, Miami, etc. are spending on players this offseason that they probably would've ignored the last few winters. And I don't think it's because they're any closer to winning their divisions.
The Pirates abstain

• Smile
Reactions: RnR
The Giants DFAed their big off season acquisition Zack Cozart.

I guess I should be happy with Kevin Gausman

Ivan Nova's signing with the Tigers has been lost in the sign stealing fallout.

$1.5M with a possible $500K in incentives seems like a decent deal for the club.  He can eat innings until Mize, Manning and Skubal are ready.

Mitch Haniger had a setback in his recovery from surgery to repair his ruptured testicle and will miss the start of the season.

And you thought the Astros had a bad off-season.

The Dodgers effectively get Price for 3/$48M.

The Red Sox CBT penalty in 2019 was $12M which is less that what they'll pay Price to pitch for another team next year.

Long Ball Larry said:
The dodgers and red Sox sure do have a brain for big deals.

why did the Red Sox want to trade mookie anyway?
This is what I don't get. Do the Red Sox really need to save money? Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

"For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land." – Ernie Harwell, reading from Song of Solomon 2:11-12 (KJV) at the beginning of each spring training.

BASEBALL IS BACK!

Villar to play CF in Miami.

Not much fantasy impact except for the true believers in Lewis Brinson.

I like Holt to the Brewers as a baseball move but the limited fantasy value he had as a super Util takes a hit there IMO. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Holt to the Brewers as a baseball move but the limited fantasy value he had as a super Util takes a hit there IMO. 
I'm not so sure about that.  They're set to start Eric Sogard and Orlando Arcia in the IF right now.  Hiura is getting anointed after 300 ABs and without showing whether he can adjust after the pitchers adjust (not to mention his questionable defense).  Urias has some prospect pedigree but had a 655 OPS in 71 games last year.  I think there are ABs to be had there.

Brewers have a really odd roster for a team coming off a playoff berth.

I'm not so sure about that.  They're set to start Eric Sogard and Orlando Arcia in the IF right now.  Hiura is getting anointed after 300 ABs and without showing whether he can adjust after the pitchers adjust (not to mention his questionable defense).  Urias has some prospect pedigree but had a 655 OPS in 71 games last year.  I think there are ABs to be had there.

Guess I have more faith in those youngsters than you do, it has nothing to do with the fact that they are both on my ZA squad :oldunsure:  

In 2019 the Brewers had two hitters w/ 600+ PAs and four with 500-599 (Yelich would have switched groups if he hadn't been injured).

This year, Yelich, Hiura and probably Cain will surpass 600 but other than them I see a bunch of guys who'll be in the 250-450 range.  They'll do a lot of platooning and the Arcia/Urias will split time out of necessity.

Guess I have more faith in those youngsters than you do, it has nothing to do with the fact that they are both on my ZA squad :oldunsure:  
I do think Hiura is legit, was just playing devil's advocate there.  Definitely impressed with the bat and it doesn't seem like the glove matters as much at 2B anymore with positioning and shifts.

Urias...I'm not buying right now.

Indians RP prospect Emmanuel Clase suspended for PEDs.  He was a big part of the Kluber trade.

Users who are viewing this thread