What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney+ Info, shows and Movies (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
Figured with the Netflix one we start the Disney one with it being about a 2 weeks from launch. My main interest right now is the package deal of ESPN, Disney and Hulu together. I already got ESPN+ and having issues streaming to my laptop. Can watch everything on my Phone. Wonder if you can just link your account to ESPN to the Disney streaming package or you are gonna need a new account to access ESPN+. From talk of prices it sounds like a fair price on the package $12.99 for all three per month is solid. ESPN+ is 4.99 as is. 

Honestly can't wait for the Mandalorian series on Disney plus I believe a lot of the shows I watched as kid plus the Disney classic movies will be on there. You may not hear from me for a few months with all this great stuff. Gonna be interesting non the less. I just hope I'm able to stream through my PS4 but if I have to use the lap top I do have the HDTV adaptor to stream it through my TV if necessary.

If you are a Verizion customer under a few different plans you can get Disney Plus for free for a bit longer then most too. 

Everything you need to know right now about Disney Plus

Last edited by a moderator:
That Hulu, ESPN, Disney package that is being talked about isn't the premium Hulu package.  So you'd get commercials.  They said they'd probably offer a bundle of those 3 with the premium Hulu package (which is what I already have), so I'm interested to see what the price of that is.  I honestly don't care about ESPN, so if Disney and Hulu are cheaper without it, that's the route I'd go.  Sucks you have to wait for release day to order the packages.

That Hulu, ESPN, Disney package that is being talked about isn't the premium Hulu package.  So you'd get commercials.  They said they'd probably offer a bundle of those 3 with the premium Hulu package (which is what I already have), so I'm interested to see what the price of that is.  I honestly don't care about ESPN, so if Disney and Hulu are cheaper without it, that's the route I'd go.  Sucks you have to wait for release day to order the packages.
I"m keeping an eye on this as well.  I subscribe to Hulu Live and ESPN+ already, so wondering what it would cost to add Disney.  Please update if you hear anything.  

How are you guys planning to watch D+?  All of my streaming is currently done through an Amazon Fire and it looks like Disney and Amazon are in a pissing match so it's not going to be available on that at release at a minimum.  I'm considering adding a Roku to my setup, but I guess that would be pretty much just for D+ since I already have the Fire.

GF is making a ton of fun of me since I've already purchased 3 years of it basically to watch star wars cartoons and TV shows, it releases tomorrow, and I currently don't even have a way to watch it.

Also, really excited for the Obi-Wan Kenobi show with Ewan McGregor.  I really enjoyed him in the prequels, and looking forward to seeing more of him.

They have content but not as much as I thought. It's not the game changer I thought it would be yet.

TheIronSheik said:
Yea I'm keeping Netflix as I have a few shows I watch and one the next season just came out today. I don't have Hulu yet but Spotify for awhile was offering Hulu and should've taken it 

CletiusMaximus said:
I"m keeping an eye on this as well.  I subscribe to Hulu Live and ESPN+ already, so wondering what it would cost to add Disney.  Please update if you hear anything.  
Sounds like we won't know until it fires up. 

How are you guys planning to watch D+?  All of my streaming is currently done through an Amazon Fire and it looks like Disney and Amazon are in a pissing match so it's not going to be available on that at release at a minimum.  I'm considering adding a Roku to my setup, but I guess that would be pretty much just for D+ since I already have the Fire.

GF is making a ton of fun of me since I've already purchased 3 years of it basically to watch star wars cartoons and TV shows, it releases tomorrow, and I currently don't even have a way to watch it.

Also, really excited for the Obi-Wan Kenobi show with Ewan McGregor.  I really enjoyed him in the prequels, and looking forward to seeing more of him.
I watch most of my stuff through my PS4 since I have the apps for them on there. 

I get ESPN+ with my magazine subscription.  I should really read that sometime.  I got a 4 year sub for $20  total from discountmags.com. 

What is on espn+?

Is D+ going to work w samsung smart tvs?  I know no firesticks or legacy gaming systems. Which is why I got the roku ultra LT. 

Having a kid obsessed with most things in the Disney universe, this is an auto day 1 sign up for us.

Wasn't aware of the potential Fire Stick issues though. That would suck but I imagine they work that out pretty quickly. 

What is on espn+?

Is D+ going to work w samsung smart tvs?  I know no firesticks or legacy gaming systems. Which is why I got the roku ultra LT. 
ESPN+ has a lot of soccer matches, lower level college football, cricket, rugby, other college sports like Baseball and Soccer, UFC, some hockey games a lot of MLB games. It's worth it especially for a soccer fan. They also have 30for30 some of their original shows like the Peyton Manning one etc. 

I already get Hulu trough Spotify package and I have no use for ESPN.  

i subscribed to D+ though a Disney visa cardholder deal for 3 years.  

im stoked about the original programming they are previewing like an imagineering story and some behind the scenes stuff. 

Just what we need, another streaming service and all those movies getting locked away behind one service. 

I wish Disney weren't such ##### about their movies. The whole incredible 20th Century Fox catalog is being put away in a vault. No more showings for movies like Alien,  Fight Club, Die Hard, Planet of the Apes, Patton, The French Connection, Grapes of Wrath, etc. 

Missed taking advantage of those 3 year signup deals a few months ago that had some deep discounts. If anyone hears of one of those coming back, would be interested.

I’m not sure the content is there to make this a day 1 signup at normal price but would love to hear from some early adopters next week. I read their original content shows will be weekly episodes, so not much rush to join until some of the Marvels are out.

Also for those like myself who stream things like HBO and Netflix through the PS4 D Plus will be available at launch on there in the TV/Video app section 

Buckna said:
Missed taking advantage of those 3 year signup deals a few months ago that had some deep discounts. If anyone hears of one of those coming back, would be interested.

I’m not sure the content is there to make this a day 1 signup at normal price but would love to hear from some early adopters next week. I read their original content shows will be weekly episodes, so not much rush to join until some of the Marvels are out.
I assumed this low price was because they know they don't have great initial content to keep up with the others, and the price will jump up to the others in a year as more Marvel and Star Wars shows come out.  

I assumed this low price was because they know they don't have great initial content to keep up with the others, and the price will jump up to the others in a year as more Marvel and Star Wars shows come out.  
i think it's going to be more Hulu or Prime than Netflix. They need time to build a content pipeline that is constantly feeding its subscribers.

DJackson10 said:
Also watch Fantasia high you'll thank me later. 

Duck Tales, Gooftroop, Tailspin, 

Kind of Disappointed no Mark of Zorro on there

Everything coming to D+ day 1
checked the A's and they're not going to have ANY of the Avengers movies (they just showed animated series from back in the 90s)?

That can't be right.

checked the A's and they're not going to have ANY of the Avengers movies (they just showed animated series from back in the 90s)?

That can't be right.
quite possible there are contracts in place with other streaming services or premium channels and once those expire, they will move over to D+

quite possible there are contracts in place with other streaming services or premium channels and once those expire, they will move over to D+
Yeah, not sure which they were talking about, but I saw that Netflix has some titles that they aren't willing to just hand over, or allow Disney to use since they paid for exclusive rights, until the contract ends.  Not sure which or when that will be.

I did a search for Disney+ in the App Store on my iPhone and nothing shows up.  I thought that was going to be available today.

I know Infinity War was still on Netflix last week so you  are probably right about that.

Have the package prices come out?  Mondays are my busiest day, so I haven't been able to look too hard, but when I did a Google search for Disney+, it took me to a bunch of articles about the upcoming release and to the pre-order page.  I'm I missing the actual sign up page with the bundle details?

Will be signing up tomorrow.  1 year free with Verizon Unlimited plan. Didn't see it mentioned here.

Yeah some of the seem to actually be titled Marvell's Age of Ultron and stuff so I think first two are there, but not last two yet.

Some good old movies, but I was really hoping for a TV show they did back on the 80's Return to Treasure Island. That was my favorite thing as a kid, had never looked for it before, but was wanted to check in and see t out.

Yeah, not sure which they were talking about, but I saw that Netflix has some titles that they aren't willing to just hand over, or allow Disney to use since they paid for exclusive rights, until the contract ends.  Not sure which or when that will be.

I did a search for Disney+ in the App Store on my iPhone and nothing shows up.  I thought that was going to be available today.
It might show up earlier on some platforms but the official launch is midnight Pacific. 

That can't be right.
Like others have said they got to wait for Exclusive Contracts to end with certain streaming sites. My guess is even if a few of these can be put on the network now they will wait and release everything at once. Wouldn't be surprised if there was some announcement like say them releasing a new season of The Punisher and such with the release to give it more hype 

I heard nothing like this would be available till launch day. It was in one of the articles I read which was 3 negatives of D plus. The other was the fact we don't know when and how the super package with Hulu and ESPN+ will work 

Have the package prices come out?  Mondays are my busiest day, so I haven't been able to look too hard, but when I did a Google search for Disney+, it took me to a bunch of articles about the upcoming release and to the pre-order page.  I'm I missing the actual sign up page with the bundle details?
We won't know anything on Bundles till tomorrow unfortunately. I believe the rumored price for all 3 was $12.99 or was announce by Disney a month or so ago but I could be wrong 

Yeah some of the seem to actually be titled Marvell's Age of Ultron and stuff so I think first two are there, but not last two yet.

Some good old movies, but I was really hoping for a TV show they did back on the 80's Return to Treasure Island. That was my favorite thing as a kid, had never looked for it before, but was wanted to check in and see t out.
I thought I saw it on the list I linked too but that could've been just Treasure Island Movie 

So will there be an app to download to smart TVs?

And how many TVs/Devices can watch at the same time?

Users who are viewing this thread