What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney+ Info, shows and Movies (1 Viewer)

So how do I do this bundle shin dig? I have ESPN+ but I screwed up and didn't link the dam thing to my laptop or other devices. Now every time I try all the fixes nothing lets me do it. I've contacted ESPN about the issue with my account info and they say that one doesn't exist. Yet I'm literally billed through my iTunes each month 4.99 for ESPN+ and stream it on my phone? If there's a way I can relink my ESPN+ stuff to my laptop and PS4 again that be great. If not I'll just cancel the sub and figure out how to do my ESPN stuff with the bundle. 

I think we are in the winter of Netflix.  Kind of sad since they started this whole thing, but I don't think they'll survive.  They just don't have the content to win this war.  I imagine someone will buy them or the rights to their original content and that'll be the end of them.  
Completely disagree. I just signed up for Disney+ so my oldest could watch some stuff. I was planning too, just hadn’t taken the plunge until today.

Anyway, lots of good movies and such, but very little show type content for adults. My kids aren’t Disney channel kids anymore and they love Netflix. I’m sure Disney will keep adding but there’s no doubt in my mind that most people will have both and probably Prime (basically free since I didn’t join for movies). For $65 a month, I’ve got so much content I don’t know what to do with, but I sure as #### wouldn’t turn off Netflix for what Disney+ has.

Hulu (ad supported) is $5.99 a month and Disney + is $6.99 a month.  The bundle is $12.99 so if you don't care about getting ESPN, you can just get Hulu and Disney separately.

Hulu (ad supported) is $5.99 a month and Disney + is $6.99 a month.  The bundle is $12.99 so if you don't care about getting ESPN, you can just get Hulu and Disney separately.
it's not even ESPN. it's ESPN+ that they're tossing in with the bundle. i already get Hulu for free with Sprint, so signing up for the annual price for D+ is a pretty easy sale for my family. I'll miss E+ for lumberjack games, random sumo tourney action, and plenty of Women's Major League Soccer apparently...

it's not even ESPN. it's ESPN+ that they're tossing in with the bundle. i already get Hulu for free with Sprint, so signing up for the annual price for D+ is a pretty easy sale for my family. I'll miss E+ for lumberjack games, random sumo tourney action, and plenty of Women's Major League Soccer apparently...
Well ESPN+ is good if you like watching College football especially FCS1 games like Delaware, NDSt, Nova, etc. A lot of college stuff baseball wise is also on there. If you are a big Soccer fan it has The Dutch, Italian, Chinese league and 2020 the German league plus out of region MLS games. They also have select NHL games, most MLB games etc. as well. 

im sure its been asked, how many concurrent logins can you have with one account?
Every Disney Plus account can stream to four devices simultaneously and can create seven user profiles for different members of the household. Each account can pick an avatar of a Disney, Pixar, Marvel or Star Wars characters, with over 200 avatars available.

Disney Plus also offers unlimited mobile downloads for offline viewing. Subscribers can download to up to 10 mobile or tablet devices, with no constraints on the number of times a title can be downloaded. The number of titles stored at one time on a device depends on how much storage space is available on the device.

Disney Plus also offers unlimited mobile downloads for offline viewing. Subscribers can download to up to 10 mobile or tablet devices, with no constraints on the number of times a title can be downloaded. The number of titles stored at one time on a device depends on how much storage space is available on the device.
I'd pay $70/year for this feature alone. Having an iPad loaded with Disney movies to hand my kid at any given time? Sign me up.

Decided to just do the year subscription. I'm just gonna relive my childhood from the 80s/90s with the original cartoons. It's surprising to find after all these years some of these shows that are considered classics only had 1 or 2 seasons but they have over 50 episodes 

Every Disney Plus account can stream to four devices simultaneously and can create seven user profiles for different members of the household. Each account can pick an avatar of a Disney, Pixar, Marvel or Star Wars characters, with over 200 avatars available.
This was both a hard and easy decision - I’m Chewbacca.

One thing they did last night - that I did not like - they were adding titles that are not yet available.  So, that when you clicked on the movie it would say "Coming Soon".

If they want to highlight what is coming - those titles should listed in a different section - not included in the listing of all titles...

GET OFF MY LAWN!@#!@

I can't keep up with all the services I need to just watch old shows and new stuff anymore....I'm just going to buy dvds

Last edited by a moderator:
Darth here. The kid is Bacca
Almost went with Darth and will probably change it up at some point but as a boy I had a Chewy toy that I slept with for years.  My mother says I loved that toy so much she couldn't get rid of it even after I grew up - I think she still has it in a box in attic somewhere.  That toy is like my Woody from TS.*

*Phrasing

Completely disagree. I just signed up for Disney+ so my oldest could watch some stuff. I was planning too, just hadn’t taken the plunge until today.

Anyway, lots of good movies and such, but very little show type content for adults. My kids aren’t Disney channel kids anymore and they love Netflix. I’m sure Disney will keep adding but there’s no doubt in my mind that most people will have both and probably Prime (basically free since I didn’t join for movies). For $65 a month, I’ve got so much content I don’t know what to do with, but I sure as #### wouldn’t turn off Netflix for what Disney+ has.
I'm not saying D+ ends them.  But there are a lot more streaming services on the way, from companies with content.  And they will pull their content from Netflix when that happens.  Netflix will only have original programming.  Is that enough to keep you paying for it?  I would guess it's not for most.

I'm not saying D+ ends them.  But there are a lot more streaming services on the way, from companies with content.  And they will pull their content from Netflix when that happens.  Netflix will only have original programming.  Is that enough to keep you paying for it?  I would guess it's not for most.
They do have some great content though, as well as a TROVE of data on people. Maybe they do get purchased, but there is value there. 

They do have some great content though, as well as a TROVE of data on people. Maybe they do get purchased, but there is value there. 
That's what I said.  I think someone purchases them for their data and for the couple of titles that are good.  But I just don't think they can survive the long run.

I’d be surprised if Netflix got bought out or died. Maybe their debt does them in but they are a major movie studio now with a mammoth subscriber base and it would cost a fortune to buy them. Maybe apple or amazon? Guess I could see that and have them merged. Pretty much only those two would make sense from what I can tell. 

I’d be surprised if Netflix got bought out or died. Maybe their debt does them in but they are a major movie studio now with a mammoth subscriber base and it would cost a fortune to buy them. Maybe apple or amazon? Guess I could see that and have them merged. Pretty much only those two would make sense from what I can tell. 
They are large now.  Compaq was a pretty big company, too.  So was Toys R Us.

They are large now.  Compaq was a pretty big company, too.  So was Toys R Us.
Well sure and I guess anything can happen but with a customer base that large it doesn’t really seem possible at the moment. They have 160 million subscribers worldwide. 

Also, they are still throwing a stake in the ground at Disney. Just announced: 

”Netflix and Nickelodeon have formed a multi-year deal to produce original animated feature films and television series, based both on the Nickelodeon library of characters as well as all-new IP”

GET OFF MY LAWN!@#!@

I can't keep up with all the services I need to just watch old shows and new stuff anymore....I'm just going to buy dvds

Well sure and I guess anything can happen but with a customer base that large it doesn’t really seem possible at the moment. They have 160 million subscribers worldwide. 

”Netflix and Nickelodeon have formed a multi-year deal to produce original animated feature films and television series, based both on the Nickelodeon library of characters as well as all-new IP”

Blockbuster fought off Netflix for awhile, too.  Right before the went bankrupt.  

I'm not saying it's going to happen in a year.  All I'm saying is that I don't believe in 5 years Netflix will be a major player in the streaming business.

Blockbuster fought off Netflix for awhile, too.  Right before the went bankrupt.  

I'm not saying it's going to happen in a year.  All I'm saying is that I don't believe in 5 years Netflix will be a major player in the streaming business.
Original content will be the key to longevity in the streaming business. Lets face it, Cable TV as we know it will be the 1st one killed off. There are just too many streaming services holding the content and with anytime/anywhere access, the need to 'lets see whats on TV" is gone. Even subscribing to multiple streaming services, its still cheaper than my cable bill each month. 

Netflix and Amazon are ahead of the curve when it comes to original content IMO. As much as I love Disney, outside of their movies, and kids programing, they aint so good at original programing. The new stuff on D+ looks great, but can it sustain?

I think Hulu will have to fight D+ more than Netflix b/c Disney owns ABC and can easily shift their shows over to the D+ platform. 

Apples to Oranges. Blockbuster went away because unlike Netflix, they never moved to digital. Netflix isn’t behind technology wise. It’s all about content.

I don’t know if you have young kids but I looked through Disney+ and aside from Star Wars and Marvel, there’s very little that I would use them for over Netflix. I don’t have young kids anymore, but I’m willing to pay for it to not have to buy new movies (90% of Apple movie buys for me are Marvel/Star Wars) and for shows like Mandalorian.

I don’t think there will be one winner in all of this. I can see some losers, but Netflix is better positioned than you think for long term.

Amazon should buy Netflix and run their video content thru that platform. 
Just curious - why?  I just assume with AWS that their platform is either comparable or can easily become superior.  What about Netflix's platform is unique?

Note - I know nothing about it so maybe this is obvious and I'm just clueless.

Original content will be the key to longevity in the streaming business. Lets face it, Cable TV as we know it will be the 1st one killed off. There are just too many streaming services holding the content and with anytime/anywhere access, the need to 'lets see whats on TV" is gone. Even subscribing to multiple streaming services, its still cheaper than my cable bill each month. 

Netflix and Amazon are ahead of the curve when it comes to original content IMO. As much as I love Disney, outside of their movies, and kids programing, they aint so good at original programing. The new stuff on D+ looks great, but can it sustain?

I think Hulu will have to fight D+ more than Netflix b/c Disney owns ABC and can easily shift their shows over to the D+ platform. 
Hulu won’t fight D+. Disney is the majority owner of Hulu. That’s the reason for the bundles. Disney owns ABC, ESPN and Hulu. 

Just curious - why?  I just assume with AWS that their platform is either comparable or can easily become superior.  What about Netflix's platform is unique?

I believe Netflix is a big user of AWS. I think he may be saying content wise. Combine Prime and Netflix content under one label with a merger.

It would probably save a lot of costs on the Prime Video side by just having that content in one location. 

I mean we can point to anecdotal evidence for anything. There’s really no reason to believe it will happen though, at the moment at least. 

I think Netflix is better positioned to not only survive - but thrive.

Netflix understands the importance of churning out original content in addition to all the background noise.  I'd suggest Hulu would be the first to go away as content providers start promoting their own platforms.

But, ultimately, we will be back to a cable-like existence in 5-10 years, where one company will go around and consolidate all the content providers into one platform for a lower fee than all of them combined...

Apples to Oranges. Blockbuster went away because unlike Netflix, they never moved to digital. Netflix isn’t behind technology wise. It’s all about content.

I don’t know if you have young kids but I looked through Disney+ and aside from Star Wars and Marvel, there’s very little that I would use them for over Netflix. I don’t have young kids anymore, but I’m willing to pay for it to not have to buy new movies (90% of Apple movie buys for me are Marvel/Star Wars) and for shows like Mandalorian.

I don’t think there will be one winner in all of this. I can see some losers, but Netflix is better positioned than you think for long term.
Agree with this.  There are about to be a lot of players.  I can see some mergers, but there is enough space for there to be several options.  Original content is going to be the key.  Those that produce the best original content will lead the pack.

Agree with this.  There are about to be a lot of players.  I can see some mergers, but there is enough space for there to be several options.  Original content is going to be the key.  Those that produce the best original content will lead the pack.
Yep, everyone has their internet access so it’s really the middle man cable/satellite wise that goes away. I guess it’s kind of the same model just that the aggregator is your internet provider.

That said, I do agree with @Sinn Fein that we’ll eventually see more aggregators come back so that the little guys can be bundled together or they’ll wither and die or just be niche providers to a small audience.

Just my personal preference I guess. The Amazon Video software interface seems pretty inferior.

Amazon should buy Netflix and run their video content thru that platform. 
One of the reasons I don't like Amazon's video is the way they format it.  It's been a little while since I last looked, but they would make you have a separate icon for each season of a TV show.  So if you want to include NCIS in your watchlist, and that show has been running for like 16 years, you will have 16 different icons for that one show.  If you have a few long running TV shows in your queue, it will be very crowded in your watchlist.  It's a pain in the neck.  On Netflix and Hulu it's one icon per show and you can navigate each season and episode within that icon.

I also think maybe NF did themselves a disservice by releasing the TV shows all in one season instead of an episode a week.  Too easy for people to hop on for a month, get caught up on a couple shows and then hop off.  Not much to keep people around for months and months.  

I might also argue that Disney is not really going after the streaming market directly.

I think this is more a play by Disney to protect its residual DVD sales.  I have no insight into those numbers, but I think its reasonable to assume they are declining.  So, by launching the streaming site, Disney is effectively offering a subscription-based substitute to buying DVDs - with the hope being that having the entire library on demand is enough to keep people paying a monthly fee.

I bought a full year because I could see $70 of value over the next 12 months.  But, next November, I might feel differently for the next 12 months - particularly if the original content is not worth it.  :shrug:

My understanding is Disney+ will hold the PGish content while HULU will be more adult content. Same owner so they can structure it so they don't self canibalize.

I sifted through for about 30mins last night.  Sure, stuff I will watch with the kids, but nothing that I wanted to watch or add to my list for myself.  Highly doubt I would pay for this if I didn't have kids.  

I also think maybe NF did themselves a disservice by releasing the TV shows all in one season instead of an episode a week.  Too easy for people to hop on for a month, get caught up on a couple shows and then hop off.  Not much to keep people around for months and months.  
Its funny - I was thinking the same thing about Disney's model.

A movie comes out that you want to watch - you can get Disney for $7/month and download/watch any movie in that month, and be done.  Cheaper than buying the DVD, and more convenient from "renting" the movie from some source.

With Netflix - they go with quantity - so that every month there is something you might want to watch.

I sifted through for about 30mins last night.  Sure, stuff I will watch with the kids, but nothing that I wanted to watch or add to my list for myself.  Highly doubt I would pay for this if I didn't have kids.  
I do agree that kids make this more financially worthwhile.

One of the reasons I don't like Amazon's video is the way they format it.  It's been a little while since I last looked, but they would make you have a separate icon for each season of a TV show.  So if you want to include NCIS in your watchlist, and that show has been running for like 16 years, you will have 16 different icons for that one show.  If you have a few long running TV shows in your queue, it will be very crowded in your watchlist.  It's a pain in the neck.  On Netflix and Hulu it's one icon per show and you can navigate each season and episode within that icon.
Yeah, this. Plus it's confusing as they mix in non-Prime content you have to pay for. Really it's a hot mess presentation wise.

I feel the same way about Kindle though I admit not looking at their software interface for a while. Nook by BN is far superior.

Amazon doesn't seem to care as they just focus on killing competition with volume and price. It's obviously working for them. I just think they would serve customers well by buying companies like Netflix and BN who are experts in serving content in a more user friendly way.

Users who are viewing this thread