Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
DJackson10

Disney+ Info, shows and Movies

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

Still the same message after 3+ days.  Seriously, wtf? 

If you have an extra 5 hours to kill, you can try to get in touch with their customer service.  It will take about 5 hours to get through, but maybe you will get lucky and it will only take 3 hours until someone becomes available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RC94 said:

If you have an extra 5 hours to kill, you can try to get in touch with their customer service.  It will take about 5 hours to get through, but maybe you will get lucky and it will only take 3 hours until someone becomes available.

Hard pass.  Probably just end up canceling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

:lol: 

Even live chat showed a 1+ hour wait.  

Try rebooting/restarting whatever device you are streaming through. I have a Fire Cube and kept getting a Code 39 error on a bunch of shows. Rebooted the Fire Cube and cleared the cache and everything works fine now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Try rebooting/restarting whatever device you are streaming through. I have a Fire Cube and kept getting a Code 39 error on a bunch of shows. Rebooted the Fire Cube and cleared the cache and everything works fine now.

Will try that in a bit.  On a PS4.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and Talespin?!  Instantly took me back to coming home from middle school and turning on the TV.  

I haven't seen an episode of those shows in 20+ years and still knew the words to all of their theme songs.

ETA:  Does anyone know if the original Duck Tales is on there?  I only found the newer version (no thanks).

Edited by doowain
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, doowain said:

Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and Talespin?!  Instantly took me back to coming home from middle school and turning on the TV.  

I haven't seen an episode of those shows in 20+ years and still knew the words to all of their theme songs.

ETA:  Does anyone know if the original Duck Tales is on there?  I only found the newer version (no thanks).

Yes.  It is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheIronSheik said:
4 minutes ago, doowain said:

Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and Talespin?!  Instantly took me back to coming home from middle school and turning on the TV.  

I haven't seen an episode of those shows in 20+ years and still knew the words to all of their theme songs.

ETA:  Does anyone know if the original Duck Tales is on there?  I only found the newer version (no thanks).

Yes.  It is.

:excited:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, doowain said:

Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and Talespin?!  Instantly took me back to coming home from middle school and turning on the TV.  

I haven't seen an episode of those shows in 20+ years and still knew the words to all of their theme songs.

ETA:  Does anyone know if the original Duck Tales is on there?  I only found the newer version (no thanks).

Showed my kids an episode of Darkwing Duck and right afterwards they were singing the theme around the house. That was pretty fun. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap - it worked this morning!  My son said an update went through for the PS4 last night, and he was almost late for the bus as he watched Remember the Titans for the umpteenth time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, you can all rejoice now

Quote

Since its bumpy launch earlier this month, Disney+ has worked on improving the user experience, from recoding elements of the app to iron out any glitches, to adding in standard features like Resume and Restart to individual show or movie pages.

Another recent update has added a much-requested section to the home screen of the streaming app, the “Continue Watching” section, where users can pick up where they left off on movies or series. You can find the section underneath the first or second section of other featured content. (Mine was buried beneath “Originals” and “Hit Movies.”)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but I just signed up and I dont see Mandalorian anywhere not even in search.  Also various other things are not appearing like Lady and the Tramp (new version) kindof frustrating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but I just signed up and I dont see Mandalorian anywhere not even in search.  Also various other things are not appearing like Lady and the Tramp (new version) kindof frustrating

Go under the Star Wars tile 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 11:47 AM, doowain said:

Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and Talespin?!  Instantly took me back to coming home from middle school and turning on the TV.  

I haven't seen an episode of those shows in 20+ years and still knew the words to all of their theme songs.

ETA:  Does anyone know if the original Duck Tales is on there?  I only found the newer version (no thanks).

I'm currently watching Gooftroop. It just amazes me how many of these great shows only had a few seasons. I guess with all the episodes and airing new ones daily I just never realized when I was younger they were only a few seasons. Such underrated shows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have signed up for Disney+ and have Hulu. Is there a way to sign up for the combined package to keep the account that I have with Hulu currently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:

I have signed up for Disney+ and have Hulu. Is there a way to sign up for the combined package to keep the account that I have with Hulu currently?

It’ll be the ad-supported version if you do this. I was fine with that since I use ESPN+ a lot for soccer addiction reasons and it was worth sitting through some ads for me. They ended up giving me a credit for what I had already paid for HULU and ESPN+ after I signed up. I used the same email address which probably made it all easier.

Edited by McBokonon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, McBokonon said:
21 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:

I have signed up for Disney+ and have Hulu. Is there a way to sign up for the combined package to keep the account that I have with Hulu currently?

It’ll be the ad-supported version if you do this. I was fine with that since I use ESPN+ a lot for soccer addiction reasons and it was worth sitting through some ads for me. They ended up giving me a credit for what I had already paid for HULU and ESPN+ after I signed up. I used the same email address which probably made it all easier.

So if I don't really need the ESPN+, I'm better off just letting it be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:

So if I don't really need the ESPN+, I'm better off just letting it be?

Yes, that's one of the reasons I signed up for Disney without connecting it to my existing Hulu account.  Disney has been very disappointing IMO and I'm cancelling after the holidays.  I want to watch more Simpsons episodes and see the Mandalorian until the end of the season, but after that they have no other original content I'm interested in (no kids), and have already seen all of the Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars movies.  If you have young kids it's probably more useful from a content perspective.  I'm still experiencing technical issues as well.  It always freezes up.  Literally every show or movie I watch it will freeze at least once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:

So if I don't really need the ESPN+, I'm better off just letting it be?

Probably. I use ESPN+ more than the other things. If you won’t use it, might as well keep Hulu commercial free (I assume you have commercial free Hulu.)

Edited by McBokonon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RC94 said:
38 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:

So if I don't really need the ESPN+, I'm better off just letting it be?

Yes, that's one of the reasons I signed up for Disney without connecting it to my existing Hulu account.  Disney has been very disappointing IMO and I'm cancelling after the holidays.  I want to watch more Simpsons episodes and see the Mandalorian until the end of the season, but after that they have no other original content I'm interested in (no kids), and have already seen all of the Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars movies.  If you have young kids it's probably more useful from a content perspective.  I'm still experiencing technical issues as well.  It always freezes up.  Literally every show or movie I watch it will freeze at least once.

Interesting, I have 3 teens, so the content is desirable for them (me to, I re-watch movies). I think we will keep it for a while. I also want to see about the ability to view 4k videos via Disney+. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Just saw an article that the obi-wan show basically got shut down? 

What I read is the show is still on but they want a new script. Too closely followed the idea of the Mandalorian. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capella said:

What I read is the show is still on but they want a new script. Too closely followed the idea of the Mandalorian. 

Obi wan protecting baby Luke?  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Obi wan protecting baby Luke?  :lol:

That’s what the article said. Seems extremely dumb to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Just saw an article that the obi-wan show basically got shut down? 

I heard it might have been the Iranians, but as of now, they are denying it was them that shot him down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Capella said:

That’s what the article said. Seems extremely dumb to me. 

Shutting it down, or greenlighting a show with the same plot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Ewan McGregor at the birds of prey thing last night:

”The scripts are really, really good. They want to make them better. And they just slid the production to shooting next year.

So it’s not as dramatic as it sounds. I just got [to Birds of Prey’s “Harleywood & Highland” event] tonight, and it’s like, oh my god look at all this stuff! It’s not that dramatic. I think we have the same— We’re airing on the same day and all that stuff.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 9:33 PM, KarmaPolice said:

Just saw an article that the obi-wan show basically got shut down? 

Delayed. There's what Ewen McGregor said last night but there's also reports that Kathleen Kennedy didn't like the current scripts and wants someone else to rewrite them (sounds familiar). We'll see what comes of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s some really good nature documentaries on Disney+. Watched In The Okavango tonight and it was pretty fascinating. Nothing really groundbreaking or controversial, but just really well done IMO. It’s the 4th or 5th nature documentary I’ve watched on Disney+ over the last week and they’ve all been fairly good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Star Wars so I like these ideas for new shows, but Disney should have been working on some of these before they launched their streaming service.  Maybe I'll sign up again in 3 years when they finally have more than 4 or 5 new shows or movies.  I liked the quality of their content, but after a short time I had seen everything they have that I'm interested in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last episode of Clone Wars was better than the entire nee star wars trilogy. The next (final) 3 episodes should be fantastic. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that anyone cares but my disney+ has totally stopped working on my 2 firesticks.   Its incredibly frustrating and it seems to be a universal problem according to the internet.  Not sure what the deal is but it stinks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pantherclub said:

Not that anyone cares but my disney+ has totally stopped working on my 2 firesticks.   Its incredibly frustrating and it seems to be a universal problem according to the internet.  Not sure what the deal is but it stinks

Mine did too (one firestick and one fire tv).  A router reboot solved the problem.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ThreeThousand said:

Mine did too (one firestick and one fire tv).  A router reboot solved the problem.  

I tried that.   How long did you leave it all unplugged?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RC94 said:

I love Star Wars so I like these ideas for new shows, but Disney should have been working on some of these before they launched their streaming service.  Maybe I'll sign up again in 3 years when they finally have more than 4 or 5 new shows or movies.  I liked the quality of their content, but after a short time I had seen everything they have that I'm interested in.

They are making money, so it was the right move and the timing with stay at home couldn't have been better. That said, I'm right there with you on the content, there is nothing my boys and I watch unless we want to re-watch a movie. I got Apple TV+ or whatever it's called free for a year due to an Apple phone purchase, but I barely ever watch it. That said they at least started with a bunch of shows in the can.

Still a smart move on their part, but I do wonder if a ton of people will drop it that got it because of CV and won't have anything they actually want to watch on it as we start to hopefully migrate to normalcy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

I tried that.   How long did you leave it all unplugged?

Maybe 2 minutes or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know when Rise of Skywalker will actually be on Disney?  I know its on the 4th - but is that midnight eastern (or pacific)?

 

Kids are going a little stir crazy, and want to watch all the Star Wars films back-to-back-to-back, etc.  Including Solo and Rogue One - its about 23 hours leading up to Rise of Skywalker.

 

The 4th is actually a school day - no exceptions in this house - but we are considering letting them do it - assuming the last film will be on Disney at midnight eastern on the 4th - so that they can start watching late saturday night, all day sunday, and then finish up in the early hours of Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Netflix and all of them release 3 am on the day said, so it’s also the same day on the west coast. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Capella said:

I think Netflix and all of them release 3 am on the day said, so it’s also the same day on the west coast. 

Well, we might just let them watch the first 10 movies, and then watch Rise Monday afternoon.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Does anyone know when Rise of Skywalker will actually be on Disney?  I know its on the 4th - but is that midnight eastern (or pacific)?

 

Kids are going a little stir crazy, and want to watch all the Star Wars films back-to-back-to-back, etc.  Including Solo and Rogue One - its about 23 hours leading up to Rise of Skywalker.

 

The 4th is actually a school day - no exceptions in this house - but we are considering letting them do it - assuming the last film will be on Disney at midnight eastern on the 4th - so that they can start watching late saturday night, all day sunday, and then finish up in the early hours of Monday.

This sounded fun and while I can't watch anything for 23 hours I can watch them all over the next week or so. I looked up best way order to watch and decided on chronological order so I watched Phantom Menace today. I forgot how bad it was. Why Jar Jar??????

The good news is I do think this is the worst of the series and it is now behind me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, prosopis said:

This sounded fun and while I can't watch anything for 23 hours I can watch them all over the next week or so. I looked up best way order to watch and decided on chronological order so I watched Phantom Menace today. I forgot how bad it was. Why Jar Jar??????

The good news is I do think this is the worst of the series and it is now behind me.

I think 2 is worse.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Through the first trilogy. Onto Solo then Rogue one

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solo and Rogue One done. Original trilogy on deck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Solo and Rogue One done. Original trilogy on deck. 

Down to the final trilogy.  Will watch 7 & 8 now, and 9 tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My girl is 5, so for kids in that range:  Bluey is actually quite enjoyable and wholesome as far as kid shows go...I don’t mind the fact that I’ve seen it through a couple times already during the apocalypse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, That one guy said:

My girl is 5, so for kids in that range:  Bluey is actually quite enjoyable and wholesome as far as kid shows go...I don’t mind the fact that I’ve seen it through a couple times already during the apocalypse 

Bluey is very cute.  I've watched it with my daughter too but she's 28. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.