What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president? 11/1/19 (1 Viewer)

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president?

• Approve

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • Disapprove

Votes: 154 84.2%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
We do these every so often.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president?

I voted disapprove.  I have never voted Democrat for national office since I started voting in 1984 (Reagan), but have voted 3rd party a few times.  

I have already sent my congresspeople emails letting them know if they don't vote to impeach and remove just based on what we already know publicly, I will be voting a straight Dem ticket for all national races...all the while holding my nose.

Do you think the results would be different if people's votes were visible? 
That's a good question. 

My sense is that because Trump is so unpopular, there are fewer people who are likely to "advertise" their vote for him. Be that a bumper sticker or yard sign or acknowledging a vote in public. 

And since of course the actual method of voting is private, I think this kind of private poll is best. 

I think the better question are:

Disapprove of the policies of President Trump.. I actually think most would have a favorable view

Disapprove of how President Trump acts (meaning how Presidential).. this is what kills his Presidency.

I've voted Republican in the past for president, the last few times I voted 3rd party, but I'm not voting for them at that level again until they make the smart choice and distance themselves from Trump.

Disapprove.  There may be some things he’s doing moderately well, and some fairly well, but the vast majority of things I care about are areas he’s really poor in.

That's a good question. 

My sense is that because Trump is so unpopular, there are fewer people who are likely to "advertise" their vote for him. Be that a bumper sticker or yard sign or acknowledging a vote in public. 

And since of course the actual method of voting is private, I think this kind of private poll is best. 
Unpopular here. 
The difference between publicizing your support for Trump as opposed to publicizing your support for a Democrat, is that only one will likely face the possible threat of confrontation. 

Voted disapprove, but it is interesting to think is it worse, about as expected or better than you thought when he was elected. 

Worse than expected with the appointees like DeVos for example. Better maybe on the economy because I think we’re lucky it didn’t tank. 

Disapprove of the policies of President Trump.. I actually think most would have a favorable view

Disapprove of how President Trump acts (meaning how Presidential).. this is what kills his Presidency.
Good point but I would think most of the hardcore conservatives would have a really hard time voting "agree" on a guy who is exploding the national deficit worse than Obama. 

Trump is at a 10.  We could use him at about a 2.  If the guy could get himself down to a 6.5 to 8.  He'd win re-election in a landslide. 

The 10 people who voted "Approve", can we get examples on what he is doing for you to vote that way?

I am curious

The 10 people who voted "Approve", can we get examples on what he is doing for you to vote that way?

I am curious
If I had to guess, it would be something along the lines of owning libs, building a wall, or some other talking point. I legitimately don't know of anything of substance he's done in office that's been beneficial for the majority of people.

Understood. But I intentionally ask the question the way I've asked it in the past and the way the standard approval polls ask it each week for the major polling organizations. 

I have no idea what any of this means. offdee scale?
His level of (forgive me mods) d-baggery.  If the guy would just tone his schtick down a bit..........he'd not make so many lame, hateful and stupid comments and it would be an election based less on him personally.

I know a lot say he's incapable of a filter and his abrasiveness is attractive to some.....but I do think there's more Americans who aren't going to vote for him simply because he's unlikeable than are voting for him because they like the unrelenting shade he throws.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Economy, low unemployment. Lower taxes, less government regulations
Yes, that 1.9% growth recently reported is really awesome. (Not) But yeah keep telling your peeps the economy is booming like the world has never seen before. Wonder how many times in our nation's history we have actually seen 5% growth plus. You know a lot of times deficts are reduced during economic booms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Understood. But I intentionally ask the question the way I've asked it in the past and the way the standard approval polls ask it each week for the major polling organizations. 
Which is really the the way to go.  I know several people that would vote “disapprove” in this poll who would still vote for President Trump tomorrow if Warren/Bernie were the candidate on the other side. 

I know several people that would vote “disapprove” in this poll who would still vote for President Trump tomorrow if Warren/Bernie were the candidate on the other side. 
I agree with you. I wish I could convince other Democrats of this. 

The Ukraine scandal of course. There is no shortage of credible witnesses and details available. Here is but one of many links with a decent breakdown:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/laws-trump-could-have-broken-ukraine-whistleblower-case-2019-9
That is exactly why I asked you for one instead of four.   I don't want to dive down into bribery/extortion and explain my concern there only to be responded to with 'what about campaign laws, what about misappropriation laws, what about conspiracy laws'.  It becomes an endless game. 

That is exactly why I asked you for one instead of four.   I don't want to dive down into bribery/extortion and explain my concern there only to be responded to with 'what about campaign laws, what about misappropriation laws, what about conspiracy laws'.  It becomes an endless game. 
I don't understand your response. It's not a game. Because his actions caused him to break a few related laws instead of just one he is exempt somehow? Stick with the main one then, bribery/extortion if you like. The others are also valid though. As was already pointed out though this doesn't really belong in this thread. Probably should take it to the impeachment thread.

Exactly how deep must the criminality and incompetence go to break the spell? The long-term damage he's done to our country, from runaway pollution, to normalizing lies and criminality in government, to exacerbating the already unsustainable disparity in wealth between the top 10% and everyone else with a trillion dollar "stimulus" giveaway to the top 1%, to destroying the reputation of our institutions and our very country itself, and that's not even counting the worst part which is demonizing expertise and professionalism in government.

What talented young person would ever consider working for America now? My dad retired from a national lab right before Trump was elected, doing some of the highest level studies on energy in the world, but now, less than three years later, almost all the PhDs he worked with are gone. It became government policy to belittle them for being smart. They couldn't get enough American scientists to fill the positions to begin with, what are they supposed to do now? We used to be the world leader in technology, science, innovation and morality (you may disagree that we should have been, but that doesn't change the fact that we were). Now we are none of those things, except maybe technology depending on who you listen to, but even that won't be for long.

Were we expecting the rest of the world to pause while Trump de-funded research and education to focus on coal jobs? Wait for us to catch up until after he's gone? Of course not, they took advantage of the opportunity, filled the vacuum, and we may never be the leader in anything again, besides the ability to blow #### up and suicide of course.

President Trump Wages War on Government and Expertise, and Our Institutions Surrender

We did it all for the nookie judges
This isn’t the thread to talk about this, but short answer the Democrat candidates are terrible.

This isn’t the thread to talk about this, but short answer the Democrat candidates are terrible.
That had nothing to do with his comment, and even though they very well might be, they're still better than what we have in office now, and I don't even like democrats that much.

Users who are viewing this thread