What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Every NFL Franchise's Best and Worst QBs? (1 Viewer)

OrtonToOlsen

Footballguy
I came across a list on a lesser-known sports site.  I'll post the link and their list later.   

Who would you say are the best and worst QBs of all time for each franchise?  Keep in mind that they went all the way back to the 1930s for some of these.  So a team like the Cardinals could include players from the Saint Louis Cardinals or even the Chicago Cardinals.

1. ARIZONA CARDINALS

2. ATLANTA FALCONS

3. BALTIMORE RAVENS

4. BUFFALO BILLS

5. CAROLINA PANTHERS

7. CINCINNATI BENGALS

6. CHICAGO BEARS

8. CLEVELAND BROWNS (old and new but not Ravens)

9. DALLAS COWBOYS

10. DENVER BRONCOS

11. DETROIT LIONS

12. GREEN BAY PACKERS

13. HOUSTON TEXANS

14. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

15. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

16. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

17. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

18. LOS ANGELES RAMS

19. MIAMI DOLPHINS

20. MINNESOTA VIKINGS

21. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

22. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

23. NEW YORK GIANTS

24. NEW YORK JETS

25. OAKLAND RAIDERS

26. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

27. PITTSBURGH STEELERS

28. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

29. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

30. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

31. TENNESSEE TITANS (Includes Houston Oilers)

32. WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Bills- Kelly best, honorable mention- kemp

Worst tie: Rob Johnson, jp losman, Trent Edwards, Alex van pelt, ej Manuel, Nathan peterman

Last edited by a moderator:
San Francisco:

Best - Montana (but i like Young more personally)

Worst - Druckenmiller

Redskins

Best: Either Baugh or Jurgensen. I’d go Baugh. 

Worst: Maybe Shuler. Looking at a list of Redskins QBs, there are some old-timers with some bad stats who I’m not familiar with so I will go with Heath Shuler. 

Lions     Best: Matt Stafford

Worst: Andre Ware 
Worst was Daunte Culpepper. The Lions literally never won whenever he was on the same field. He was I think 9-0 against them, and 0-10 as a Lions QB. Hands down the worst QB for the Lions.

Worst was Daunte Culpepper. The Lions literally never won whenever he was on the same field. He was I think 9-0 against them, and 0-10 as a Lions QB. Hands down the worst QB for the Lions.
Ouch, tough to argue that. Ware was 0.500 as a starter despite completing 52% passes, 6.9 y/a, 5 TD, 8 Int, 64 QBR as the 7th overall pick. 

Ware is my father-in-law's second cousin
That is cool. He had a heck of a college career. His numbers were crazy for 2019 yet alone 1989: 63% completion, 4700 yards, 46/15 with 3 rushing.  That is 14 more TD passes than the next best QB and over 1000 more passing yards than the 3rd highest passer. Easy Heisman winner that year. 

Cowboys: 

Best: Staubach.  I love Aikman, but he's firmly in 2nd place.  Honorable mentions to Dandy Don, Morton, Danny White and Romo.

Worst: Babe Laufenberg

Best and Worst:  Clint Longley

Eagles

best: mcnabb

worst: maybe brad goebel?  There were a lot of crap guys in the 60s and 70s, though.  Can’t comment on them too well.

Lions     Best: Matt Stafford

Worst: Andre Ware 
Yeah it’s Matt or Bobby Layne which is well before most of our times.  How sad, I mean Charlie Batch is probably the 2nd best Lions QB of my lifetime, or maybe 3rd behind Erik Kramer or whoever the hell won the only playoff game since 1957.  You hear that other teams, we have one ### #### playoff win since 1957 and it was way back in 1992

worst:  Jesus so may to choose from, I guess I’ll go with Joey Harrington

Cowboys: 

Best: Staubach.  I love Aikman, but he's firmly in 2nd place.  Honorable mentions to Dandy Don, Morton, Danny White and Romo.

Worst: Babe Laufenberg

Best and Worst:  Clint Longley
Laufenberg was a career practice squad guy. It was a freak accident he got playing time.  

Minnesota Vikings:

Best:  Brett Favre

Worst:  Sean Salisbury

That Seahawks era with Gelbaugh, Stouffer, and Dan McGwire may have had the worst collection of a trio of QBs.
I see your Gelbaugh, Stouffer, and McGwire and raise you the 2000 Cleveland Browns trio of Doug Pederson, Tim Couch, and Spergon Wynn

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread