What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NY Jets (-3) vs. Miami Dolphins - Week 9 (1 Viewer)

Long Ball Larry

Footballguy
First game where both teams have -100 point differential after 8 games.

Worse game than Miami-Washington?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Miami been projected to lose by anything less than double digits all year besides this game and maybe week 1?

Us fans get treated to an early Super Bowl-like game atmosphere. Who stinks more games are always fascinating. On a serious note I think the Jets start to look like a football team again for a stretch and this is just the game for them to be able to do it. The Dolphins will do anything to continue to lose and the Jets have more talent than they showed last week. Bell gets going early and Darnold/Anderson make brave fantasy owners happy in this one.

No he said “only two good teams...plus the Jets” - the implication would be the Jets are not a good team.
I was just trying to work out the calculus for myself there...I still think it’s an incredibly unlikely win for the Jets. 

and a hugely embarrassing loss for the Cowboys. 

if the Eagles get their ish together & make a run, and it effects the Cowboys playoff chances, that Jets loss is going to loom large.

stating the obvious, i realize. 

Gase is a pretty awful coach, so I don't expect him to do this but this is a game where Bell should touch the ball 30 times. Miami has no answer for a player of his caliber/skill set. He should put up 200 total yards and 2 scores today. I get it, the Jets O-line isn't any good, but the Dolphins have like 7 future Fed-Ex drivers on their defense right now.

Gase is a pretty awful coach, so I don't expect him to do this but this is a game where Bell should touch the ball 30 times. Miami has no answer for a player of his caliber/skill set. He should put up 200 total yards and 2 scores today.
Man I hope you are right. I traded Montgomery for him this week, so I hope they start putting the ball in his hands from here on out.

Man I hope you are right. I traded Montgomery for him this week, so I hope they start putting the ball in his hands from here on out.
Gase and Bell supposedly had a "productive meeting" this week, so we'll see. If that's a redraft trade, I love it for you. Jets schedule is pretty nice from here out.

Howard and Jones out today......that secondary will get roasted by Darnold. The Fins have no pass rush, cannot stop the run. As much of a trap game this looks like.....the Dolphins should remain winless after today. 

The Jets have far more legit players on the roster. 24-13 Jets.

Yep, sometimes comical ineptitude, faced off against each other, makes for an exciting game. The Miami/Washington game came down to the final play in the form of a two-point conversion, IIRC.
The Miami Pittsburgh game is a pretty good example of one that I thought would be complete garbage and ended up being fairly entertaining.

Howard and Jones out today......that secondary will get roasted by Darnold. The Fins have no pass rush, cannot stop the run. As much of a trap game this looks like.....the Dolphins should remain winless after today. 

I don’t think a 1-6 team qualifies as a team that can fall victim to a “trap game”.

The Dolphins might have only 1 or 2 players who would start on an average NFL roster, but the Jets have several. Miami could have an advantage over the Jets at QB. 

This will be a good test for Darnold, like a pre-season  game. The best members of the secondary from last year, Minkah, Howard, and Jones, are out. Except for 1st rounder Wilkinson and LB Baker, it's a bunch of scubs on defense. Darnold has had mixed results last year and this year. This game should boost his confidence.

If Ryan Fitzpatrick had Darnold's o-line, RB and WRs, I think he'd do better than Darnold has done. Miaimi's oline might be the worst in the league.

This will be a good test for Darnold, like a pre-season  game. The best members of the secondary from last year, Minkah, Howard, and Jones, are out. Except for 1st rounder Wilkinson and LB Baker, it's a bunch of scubs on defense. Darnold has had mixed results last year and this year. This game should boost his confidence.

If Ryan Fitzpatrick had Darnold's o-line, RB and WRs, I think he'd do better than Darnold has done. Miaimi's oline might be the worst in the league.
The Jets oline is just as bad and outside of Bell the Jets skill players are on the same level as Miami’s. Anderson, Crowder and Griffin is no better than Parker, Unicorn and Gesiecki.

Fitzpatrick is one of the worst QBs in the league - I fully expect him to throw for 400 yards and 4TDs though.

The Jets oline is just as bad and outside of Bell the Jets skill players are on the same level as Miami’s. Anderson, Crowder and Griffin is no better than Parker, Unicorn and Gesiecki.

Fitzpatrick is one of the worst QBs in the league - I fully expect him to throw for 400 yards and 4TDs though.
Or 200 yards and 4 ints. He's not in Tampa Bay anymore. I'd bet the house on the Jets covering the line (3pts).  In Miami's favor is the coaching (I think Flores is good)  and the heat index which will be around 90, which is much higher than in NYC. 

I'm surprised there's no love for Fitzpatrick after what he did in the 2015 season.
It was smoke and mirrors - and Marshall and Decker fighting off defensive backs. With that said of course I appreciate what he did and was totally swept up in Fitzmagic while it lasted. We all knew how the story would end after they resigned  in 2016 though.

I'm surprised there's no love for Fitzpatrick after what he did in the 2015 season.
Exactly what Dr. Octopus said. Decker and Marshall saved him from so many INTs that year, and the Jets crashed and burned in the end. I was also caught up in Fitzmagic and also knew re-signing him was a disaster.

Demaryius has been consistent FF-wise, 4-6 points, against some good defenses in the past 4 games. I almost picked him for this game and the favorable scheduled going forward.

Twice Bell is wide open on dumpoffs and Darnold doesn’t even look at him.

Crowder. So happy I just dropped him for Conley in one league. Crowder - 13 points in the 1st, Conley, 4.20.

Yikes.

Users who are viewing this thread