What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Definitely Pats Vs Ravens. For sure. (1 Viewer)

Is this a one game fluke for New England, or have they been exposed in run D in a way other teams will exploit?
It's the only legit offense they've faced so far. They have PHI, DAL, HOU, and KC coming up, so we shall see!

Is this a one game fluke for New England, or have they been exposed in run D in a way other teams will exploit?
Ravens are the hardest team to stop rushing the ball due to Jackson. I'm not worried about Pat's D ros. This was the only matchup I didn't like for them.

exposed in general I think. They really hadn't played anything remotely close to a good offense.

Dont see many teams putting up 200 yards rushing on them going forward though. Ravens might be the worst matchup possible for them

In big games: Ravens and Broncos give the Pats fits over the years.  Everyone else just gets trampled.

Belichick is 2-2 in playoffs vs Ravens. 1-4 vs Broncos. Though the record doesnt show it in playoff (0-2) Reid does well vs Bill.
the pats schedule was butter soft....plus harbaugh isnt afraid of them...having mike vick at qb helps too

Ravens had a great game plan with two weeks to prepare, against an unusually undisciplined Pats team with a really beat up offensive line. Certainly the Ravens running game gave them a lot of problems but that seemed more scheme related than anything else. I’d imagine that Belichick will tighten that up during the bye week.

This game reeked of arrogance. 

So many sports talk heads were saying the only way to beat the Ravens was on the ground. 

pats came out no-huddle passing 3 & out. 

that set the tempo for the game. Sony runs 9 then 5, then never has another carry.

The one drive they had success was when they ran the ball. 

but they never recommitted to running the ball. And they got beat. By a lot. Their D was tired because they didn’t control the clock. 

i don’t care how you feel about Sony Michele - he was getting 18-20 carries a game & they were effectively mixing it up with the play calling. 

Tonight the Pats looked completely disjointed. They got away from their core offense, seemingly to prove they could win with a pass heavy plan. They were clearly wrong. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Signature win for Lamar who is now 12-3 as a starting QB. 

nfl all time record for rushing in a 16-game season is 3,165 yards by 1978 Patriots. In Lamar’s 15 starts, the Ravens have 3,191 rushing yards.

It’s so weird that the bEsT dEfEnSe EvEr allowed the Ravens to score their second most points in a game this season.

It’s so weird that the bEsT dEfEnSe EvEr allowed the Ravens to score their second most points in a game this season.
Yeah, the hype around this defense is definitely over the top. The Bills should have beat them, too, if Josh Allen wasn't so obsessed with launching up bad passes for them to pick off.

Ravens had a great game plan with two weeks to prepare, against an unusually undisciplined Pats team with a really beat up offensive line. Certainly the Ravens running game gave them a lot of problems but that seemed more scheme related than anything else. I’d imagine that Belichick will tighten that up during the bye week.
Pats were gifted 10 points and saw very few offensive plays from the Ravens.

They were giving up 4.6ypc against the run before this game started.  They’ll be exploited by good teams until they fix that. 

God that game was great.  That was the one they signed McKenzie as a street free agent to play #1 corner, right?
I had to look and they did sign McKenzie a week before that game.  We had Porter and Greer at the time.  Not sure if one of them was injured.

I had to look and they did sign McKenzie a week before that game.  We had Porter and Greer at the time.  Not sure if one of them was injured.
All of the corners on the roster were hurt, as I recall.  Sharper even played some corner in that game. McKenzie picked off Brady and knocked down another several passes.  Basically looked like Champ Bailey that night after not having a job the week before.  Glorious.  

Users who are viewing this thread