What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Browns cut Whitehead after death threats on Twitter (1 Viewer)

I don't believe there is any connection to this former Browns player and the Bengals.    They did have a Terrance Whitehead (rb Oregon) several years ago. 

I don't believe there is any connection to this former Browns player and the Bengals.    They did have a Terrance Whitehead (rb Oregon) several years ago. 
Hue Jackson was a WR coach for the Bengals for three seasons, but yeah, that's all I found.  #provingyourpoint.

What's the problem?

From where I sit all he said was "Hey, I'm trying as hard as I can out here while playing with a broken bone. At present, I don't take your criticism too seriously, but if you want to come over to my place and over a cup of coffee discuss your suggestions on improving my play, I'm all for it."

But then again, I speak jive so...

Have said it many times before, but players need a cooling off period after the game before jumping on twitter.  Whitehead just gave up a high paying job over his stupidity. I can't imagine anyone picking him up after that.  At least this year.

Better advice would be to not do twitter period, but I know that will never happen.  Just seems so distracting.  Enough things in the world to worry about without wasting time and energy responding to trolls.  Can't possibly be beneficial to your ability to focus on what is important.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the problem?

From where I sit all he said was "Hey, I'm trying as hard as I can out here while playing with a broken bone. At present, I don't take your criticism too seriously, but if you want to come over to my place and over a cup of coffee discuss your suggestions on improving my play, I'm all for it."

Death threats are sort of where teams draw the line tho. 

Yeah, my guess is his remaining career options pay considerably less than football................
Especially considering how mediocre he was.

on a personal note, until this story broke I had no idea that he was the one who whiffed on the 75 yard Fant TD. A player my TE desperate opponent picked up this week. I’m still gonna win, but that was a brutal play. 

What's the problem?

Funny, I ran it through my Official Antonio Brown Code Ring and got "Hey, everyone knows I'm the best and I'm going to do my best to get cut by this awful team so I can sign a bigger contract somewhere else."

His instagram account is still active as of now and people are completely destroying him in the comment section . Its not just the reporter he is threatening but also "fans" now on IG

@j2whitehead

Last edited by a moderator:
His instagram account is still active as of now and people are completely destroying him in the comment section . Its not just the reporter he is threatening but also "fans" now on IG

@j2whitehead
He will be too busy whipping cracker butt for the next couple months to worry about football. Looking ahead to a big 2020! 

I think it would have been fine to reply without the Murder and "racist" stuff
Even then, I'm not sure. I mean if they're doing film and one of the coaches brings up his tackling effort is he really gonna go with the broken hand excuse?

Safety Jermaine Whitehead‘s decision to threaten and insult a series of people on Twitter after the Browns lost to the Broncos on Sunday afternoon was met with a swift reaction by the team.

The Browns called Whitehead’s posts unacceptable on Sunday night and then cut Whitehead from the roster on Monday. Whitehead took to another social media platform to apologize for his previous posts.

“I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my actions following our game with Denver,” Whitehead wrote on Instagram. “That was totally out of character for me. I do not justify my actions, but was extremely frustrated with the way I had played and our team losing because of it. I was playing with a broken hand, but that is no excuse for my actions, and I am deeply regretful.”

Whitehead will become a free agent if he clears waiver on Tuesday. He started the first eight games of the year for the Browns and has 41 tackles, an interception and a forced fumble on the year.

I'm supposed to believe he wrote those words himself? :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread