Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Hot Sauce Guy

Browns cut Whitehead after death threats on Twitter

This is a thing that happened yesterday, so....yeah. Wow. 

Browns gonna Brown but good on them for cutting him.

here’s the story & reaction from BSO.

https://blacksportsonline.com/2019/11/twitter-reacts-to-browns-releasing-jermaine-whitehead-after-he-called-analyst-a-fck-a-cracka-threatened-to-kill-fan-on-blood-tweets/

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
Mixed up my crappy teams

I don't believe there is any connection to this former Browns player and the Bengals.    They did have a Terrance Whitehead (rb Oregon) several years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Rushmore said:

I don't believe there is any connection to this former Browns player and the Bengals.    They did have a Terrance Whitehead (rb Oregon) several years ago. 

Hue Jackson was a WR coach for the Bengals for three seasons, but yeah, that's all I found.  #provingyourpoint.

They totally sound like a lost clubhouse, which might be a lazy analysis, but there's a smoke-fire thing going on there. 

• Like 2

What's the problem?

From where I sit all he said was "Hey, I'm trying as hard as I can out here while playing with a broken bone. At present, I don't take your criticism too seriously, but if you want to come over to my place and over a cup of coffee discuss your suggestions on improving my play, I'm all for it."

But then again, I speak jive so...

• Like 1
  • Laughing 7

Have said it many times before, but players need a cooling off period after the game before jumping on twitter.  Whitehead just gave up a high paying job over his stupidity. I can't imagine anyone picking him up after that.  At least this year.

Better advice would be to not do twitter period, but I know that will never happen.  Just seems so distracting.  Enough things in the world to worry about without wasting time and energy responding to trolls.  Can't possibly be beneficial to your ability to focus on what is important.

Edited by efactor
  • Like 1

I think it would have been fine to reply without the Murder and "racist" stuff

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, efactor said:

I can't imagine anyone picking him up after that.  At least this year.

Richie Incognito, Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill...

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Hu-Tang Clan said:

You mean Browns.

Oops 

31 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Good point except he isn't very good...............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moniker said:

He kept it going on IG after his Twitter account was suspended.

Wow - I didn’t see that. Just nuts to consider how much scrilla dude cost himself with social media. 

43 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

What's the problem?

From where I sit all he said was "Hey, I'm trying as hard as I can out here while playing with a broken bone. At present, I don't take your criticism too seriously, but if you want to come over to my place and over a cup of coffee discuss your suggestions on improving my play, I'm all for it."

Death threats are sort of where teams draw the line tho. 

32 minutes ago, belljr said:

Which he probably would have left out had he taken time to think about it.  But maybe not................

34 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

File that under talent vs headache. 

more talent, teams are more willing to suffer the headaches. 

to be fair, Hill has been a model citizen since coming into the league. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Wow - I didn’t see that. Just nuts to consider how much scrilla dude cost himself with social media. 

Yeah, my guess is his remaining career options pay considerably less than football................

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rushmore said:

There’s not - I was in a hurry and got my crappy Ohio teams mixed up as I posted. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, efactor said:

Yeah, my guess is his remaining career options pay considerably less than football................

Especially considering how mediocre he was.

on a personal note, until this story broke I had no idea that he was the one who whiffed on the 75 yard Fant TD. A player my TE desperate opponent picked up this week. I’m still gonna win, but that was a brutal play. 

55 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

What's the problem?

Funny, I ran it through my Official Antonio Brown Code Ring and got "Hey, everyone knows I'm the best and I'm going to do my best to get cut by this awful team so I can sign a bigger contract somewhere else."

• Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Death threats are sort of where teams draw the line tho. 

Whoa, there. I interpret that as, "Hey, let's put this controversy behind us as soon as possible and seal it with a hearty handshake."

• Laughing 2

9 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

to be fair, Hill has been a model citizen since coming into the league. 

Only if you ignore the whole kid-with-a-mysterious-broken-arm thing.  And the threatening-his-fiancee thing.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

His instagram account is still active as of now and people are completely destroying him in the comment section . Its not just the reporter he is threatening but also "fans" now on IG

@j2whitehead

Edited by BearsFan420
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, davearm said:

Only if you ignore the whole kid-with-a-mysterious-broken-arm thing.  And the threatening-his-fiancee thing.

Oh yeah, I kind of forgot about that. Once I drafted him and he started scoring touchdowns I put my blinders back on. I’m such a whore. 😢

• Laughing 1

20 minutes ago, apalmer said:

Funny, I ran it through my Official Antonio Brown Code Ring

you’re dating yourself with this joke my friend… And I, by understanding it.

31 minutes ago, BearsFan420 said:

His instagram account is still active as of now and people are completely destroying him in the comment section . Its not just the reporter he is threatening but also "fans" now on IG

@j2whitehead

He will be too busy whipping cracker butt for the next couple months to worry about football. Looking ahead to a big 2020! 

33 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

you’re dating yourself with this joke my friend… And I, by understanding it.

Drink more...beer

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Is this now the "Antonio Brown Rule"? Call someone a cracker and you're released within 24 hours?

Browns better get OBJ's phone away from him NOW!

2 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

Is this now the "Antonio Brown Rule"? Call someone a cracker and you're released within 24 hours?

he threatened to kill someone too

15 hours ago, belljr said:

Even then, I'm not sure. I mean if they're doing film and one of the coaches brings up his tackling effort is he really gonna go with the broken hand excuse?

Safety Jermaine Whitehead‘s decision to threaten and insult a series of people on Twitter after the Browns lost to the Broncos on Sunday afternoon was met with a swift reaction by the team.

The Browns called Whitehead’s posts unacceptable on Sunday night and then cut Whitehead from the roster on Monday. Whitehead took to another social media platform to apologize for his previous posts.

“I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my actions following our game with Denver,” Whitehead wrote on Instagram. “That was totally out of character for me. I do not justify my actions, but was extremely frustrated with the way I had played and our team losing because of it. I was playing with a broken hand, but that is no excuse for my actions, and I am deeply regretful.”

Whitehead will become a free agent if he clears waiver on Tuesday. He started the first eight games of the year for the Browns and has 41 tackles, an interception and a forced fumble on the year.

I'm supposed to believe he wrote those words himself? :lmao:

• Laughing 3