What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (1 Viewer)

supermike80

Footballguy
Jeez can we be done with this thing already?  It's a sandwich for the love of God.  I don't wanna see umpteen articles about it...AGAIN!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back when it first came out, I tried one. I will say I remember thinking, man, that is a good sandwich! So I wasn't necessarily surprised that it was so popular, just surprised that Popeye's was totally unprepared for having one of their products being in high demand.

Do they have it in the spicy flavor?  Wouldn't be worth it to me to try unless they did.  I guess I could Googlez or whatever but I'm lazy and wanted to :blackdot:  this anyways.  :lol:   

Do they have it in the spicy flavor?  Wouldn't be worth it to me to try unless they did.  I guess I could Googlez or whatever but I'm lazy and wanted to :blackdot:  this anyways.  :lol:   
The local tv news rolled thru and got 3 of the spicy.  Of course it took forever and of course they were not paying.

Had one for the first time last weekend - spicy.  It was the best fast food chicken sandwich I've ever had.  I did however pay a toilet price later.

Lol just tried the spicy sandwich Tuesday.

Pros: much meatier, tasty spice

Cons: too flaky too much breading

Overall very good. Only thing I like at Popeyes

And they are open on Sundays.
Yes.  And they love the gays.  But, 100% true story: The very cute drive-thru girl, who was black (I am old and fat and white, but had my family in the car) NEVER SAID ONE WORD TO ME.  Opened the window, took my money. It went like this:

Me: Hi there. 

Her:  :mellow:  [closes window]

My son: Hmm....she didn't want to talk to you dad.

Me: Nope.

*one minute goes by*

Her: [opens window, hands me my change]  :mellow:   [closes window]

Me: THANKS! 

Her: [window is closed...no response]

My son: Man Dad, she REALLY does not want to talk to you!

*3 minutes go by*

Her: [opens window, hands me our bag of food]  :mellow:

Me: Thanks!! So much!!  :excited:   I really apprec-

Her:  :mellow:  [closes window]

Me: -iate it!!!!  :excited: :excited:

My son: :lmao:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Had one of these a couple weeks ago for the first time. It was really good and I don’t think I’ve ever had a fast food sandwich where the meat was so hot (temperature). Could have been spicier, but it lived up to the hype. 

But, 100% true story: The very cute drive-thru girl, who was black (I am old and fat and white, but had my family in the car) NEVER SAID ONE WORD TO
Curious why you included her race and not other things like her age, height, etc

Curious why you included her race and not other things like her age, height, etc
Young.  Just pointing out how different we are.  Not sure if that played any part in her not speaking to me, or if she's just generally terrible at customer service.  The whole thing amused me greatly.

or if she's just generally terrible at customer service.  The whole thing amused me greatly.
Used to have a soup nazi type drive in woman at a place i went to a lot. Would not say more than the price and give you a mean look if you asked her any questions. But she never once screwed up my order so I kept going back there.

Used to have a soup nazi type drive in woman at a place i went to a lot. Would not say more than the price and give you a mean look if you asked her any questions. But she never once screwed up my order so I kept going back there.
That's kind of like Gates BBQ here in KC. You better be ready to order when you walk in there. They yell "HI MAY I HELP YOU" at the top of their lungs and you have no idea if she is talking to you or not.

They never write anything down and always get it right.

God help those poor tourists who walk in there and try to read the menu for 3 minutes....  :lol:

The locals have to poke them on the arm and say: "she's talking to you."

Users who are viewing this thread