What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This Thread Is Whimsical Until The Next Rally (1 Viewer)

I only hope the next Trump rally as effective as the one in Ky.

Trump won the state by 30%

Beshear squeaks out a win with a massive turnout.

I don't think that turnout was in favor of the Donald.

I love these rally's.  Trump really knows how to work a crowd. I think there are going to be a lot of dissapointed people come Nov of next year and it's not going to be Trump supporters

Last edited by a moderator:
rustycolts said:
I love these rally's.  Trump really knows how to work a crowd. I think there are going to be a lot of dissapointed people come Nov of next year and it's not going to be Trump supporters
How did you like the tweet from the reporter saying he couldn't type fast enough to document all of Alpha Don's misstatements?

I wish he'd hold a rally a day until election day.

a) he's not in the white house causing damage

b) i think it fires up some rational people in the region who might not otherwise take the time to go vote against him.

I wish he'd hold a rally a day until election day.

a) he's not in the white house causing damage

b) i think it fires up some rational people in the region who might not otherwise take the time to go vote against him.
If we're learning anything about Trump's neverending campaign, it's that his continued diatribes against his political opponents is firing up those same political opponents. If there's a record turnout next November, and I think there will be, it'll be people racing to the polls to keep from listening to his hatefulness for four more years.

edit: And another thing we're learning is that the impeachment inquiry is working exactly the opposite way that Trump apologists keep trying to tell us it would. As more and more of his dirty politics are exposed, more and more are becoming disgusted that we have a president who would stoop to such un-American maneuvers.

If we're learning anything about Trump's neverending campaign, it's that his continued diatribes against his political opponents is firing up those same political opponents. If there's a record turnout next November, and I think there will be, it'll be people racing to the polls to keep from listening to his hatefulness for four more years.

edit: And another we're learning is that the impeachment inquiry is working exactly the opposite way that Trump apologists keep trying to tell us it would. As more and more of his dirty politics is exposed, more and more are becoming disgusted that we have a president who would stoop to such un-American maneuvers.
Or another thing the impeachment process is doing is reinforcing peoples belief that the Dems will do anything to try and make sure Trump is not reelected in 2012.  I'm not sure if people in this forum understand that the almost 90% of the Trump haters in this forum do not represent the feelings of many many Americans.  People have been calling for his impeachment since before he was inaugurated.  Regular everyday folks are sick of it.

Or another thing the impeachment process is doing is reinforcing peoples belief that the Dems will do anything to try and make sure Trump is not reelected in 2012.  I'm not sure if people in this forum understand that the almost 90% of the Trump haters in this forum do not represent the feelings of many many Americans.  People have been calling for his impeachment since before he was inaugurated.  Regular everyday folks are sick of it.
Polling numbers and recent election results don't support your claim. We're not sick of learning about Trump's misdeeds; we're sick of hearing about more of the misdeeds that Trump has committed. He looks worse and worse to more and more of us every day. 

Anti-Trump people are "regular everyday folks," too, gb.

Perhaps our definitions of "regular everyday folks" are different.  And recent polling does not support the bolded.

Polling numbers and recent election results don't support your claim. We're not sick of learning about Trump's misdeeds; we're sick of hearing about more of the misdeeds that Trump has committed. He looks worse and worse to more and more of us every day. 

Anti-Trump people are "regular everyday folks," too, gb.
:goodposting:

Also, why is "Democrats will do anything to make sure Trump isn't reelected" such a bad thing? Trump is a lying* scumbag* who has abused his power and defiled the office. Why are so many Republicans opposed to restoring dignity to the Presidency?

This process is reinforcing people's belief that the Republicans will do anything to try and make sure Mike Pence does not restore dignity to the office of President.

*sources available upon request

This seems more like your perception. Half the country wants these impeachment hearings to move forward.

This seems more like your perception. Half the country wants these impeachment hearings to move forward.
Yes you are correct it is mine and most of the people that I know of course people do tend to socialize with like minded people.  Oh and we are not scumbags or racist.

Yes you are correct it is mine and most of the people that I know of course people do tend to socialize with like minded people.  I
I guess my main issue is with the idea that  “regular everyday folks” are all on one side of this.

Are you implying that half the country is irregular, out of touch?

I guess my main issue is with the idea that  “regular everyday folks” are all on one side of this.

Are you implying that half the country is irregular, out of touch?
Irregular no.  Out of touch probably.  I know that there probably is a large % especially in this forum who have forgotten what it is like to struggle.

Yes they probably are.  I really doubt that the Socio-economic demographic here is anywhere close to real life.
Socio-economics of this board, if former polls and general FF demographics studies are accurate, probably are a little higher than average. A little. That could be a good thing for the board in general. Where I see the "everyday" people observation breaking down is in the refusal to see that the nation is getting better educated, more diverse and more urban. By sheer numbers,  the "everyday" American is more likely a mixed race younger person with a college degree in a major city than an older white person in a rural part of the country.

Yes you are correct it is mine and most of the people that I know of course people do tend to socialize with like minded people.  Oh and we are not scumbags or racist.
And in what way are the rest of us not "regular everyday people"?

Irregular no.  Out of touch probably.  I know that there probably is a large % especially in this forum who have forgotten what it is like to struggle.
so regular every-day people are struggling and the answer is.....Trump?

It would also be interesting to hear from some of the people who find Trump "charismatic" to list a few specific things he said at the most recent rally that really got them fired up to continue in their support.

Louisiana has a Democratic governor. Surprising, right? He's generally well liked.

I think these Trump rallies are genuinely helpful to Republican candidates in local races. I think, it seems like a common wisdom assumption. But I really wonder if subsuming a governor's race into Trump's impeachment complaints is really a wise idea. I think the GOP's greatest strength is apathy right now. People are either awash in Fox or just distracted by their phones and social media or mostly concerned with the economy or just don't care. Do they care about impeachment any more than local issues? Louisiana is 48th to 50th in everything and we have been beset with corruption for forever, I think these things concern Louisianans a lot more in the governor's race and maybe this is a waste of resources for Rispone, I don't know.

Half the country wants this to proceed. Out of touch implies fringe thinking. Half of a population in support of something removes that.

Co-opting "regular everyday people" for one side is the type of thing I find very annoying.

Your point of struggling is a separate issue and another one that has no sides. Both parties want to help people.

How do you know any of this? 

90% of the anti-Trump people on this board are made up of liberals, democrats, progressives, traditional conservative republicans, independents, non-political folk, libertarians.  You know who only supports Trump?

so regular every-day people are struggling and the answer is.....Trump?
Ok I can't keep up with you guys.  Just stating my opinion like you guys do every single day.  The answer is Trump for me unless Tulsi somehow becomes the nominee.  The most important issue for me is never ending wars the 2nd is selfishly my retirement funds and they are doing great right now.  Don't see that to be the case if any Dem is elected.

Ok I can't keep up with you guys.  Just stating my opinion like you guys do every single day.  The answer is Trump for me unless Tulsi somehow becomes the nominee.  The most important issue for me is never ending wars the 2nd is selfishly my retirement funds and they are doing great right now.  Don't see that to be the case if any Dem is elected.
How did your retirement funds do under Obama?

Listen friends, plenty of other threads exist to converse about Donald J Trump , Trump hatred etc. Please stick to the proper topic

THIS THREAD IS FOR TRUMP RALLY PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE

did terrible under Obama huh?

How did your retirement funds do under Obama?
I did not retire until right before he left office,but my 401k did take a hit while he was in office.  That was not his fault of course there were many reasons that led to that,but I still believe that if a Dem is elected especially a progressive it will negatively impact my retirement funds.  I will gladly make that sacrifice though for Tulsi if it means bringing our kids home and ending these wars we seem to always be involved in.

I did not retire until right before he left office,but my 401k did take a hit while he was in office.  That was not his fault of course there were many reasons that led to that,but I still believe that if a Dem is elected especially a progressive it will negatively impact my retirement funds.  I will gladly make that sacrifice though for Tulsi if it means bringing our kids home and ending these wars we seem to always be involved in.
i can certainly appreciate the desire to bring troops home.  i don't think there is candidate that doesn't.  there are legitimate reasons why we deploy troops to certain areas.  just becoming isolationist can have bag repercussions as well.

hasn't the market historically done better under a D president than R.  obviously it's not as simple as that, but i don't get assuming the opposite.

Listen friends, plenty of other threads exist to converse about Donald J Trump , Trump hatred etc. Please stick to the proper topic

THIS THREAD IS FOR TRUMP RALLY PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE
Sorry buddy I don't post a lot and was trying my best to answer people who replied.

Users who are viewing this thread