What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This Thread Is Whimsical Until The Next Rally (1 Viewer)

Link to Trump treating someone in a one on one encounter like you describe?
Trump doesn't get in the one on one encounters with people who don't agree with him.  He kicks them out of his rallys...he mocks them (and the press at his events)...and has said he would pay legal fees if someone took it in their own hands.

Did you see Joe as they tried to take the one guy out...he said no, let him go and speak.

Again...I still don't really support Joe...Im like a great many of those people in the videos that is supporting someone else at this time.  But its a laughable thing to try and act like he treats people that disagree with him worse than Trump

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump doesn't get in the one on one encounters with people who don't agree with him.  He kicks them out of his rallys...he mocks them (and the press at his events)...and has said he would pay legal fees if someone took it in their own hands.

Did you see Joe as they tried to take the one guy out...he said no, let him go and speak.

Again...I still don't really support Joe...Im like a great many of those people in the videos that is supporting someone else at this time.  But its a laughable thing to try and act like he treats people that disagree with him worse than Trump
So no proof he is condescending in face to face encounters with the public.  Just talking points and propaganda.  

Have a nice day. 

Well you are biased.  His behavior while different, is just as bad as Trumps.  This place would blow up if Trump was putting his hands on people or poking them.  

His frontal lobe is misfiring big time. Not making fun of an old man's mental decline, but how are his supporters not concerned about this?  Just think, in a few short years, they'll look back at speeches like this and comment on how well he used to speak. It's dropping fast. 
Agree, but why didn't you post this in the Biden thread?

So no proof he is condescending in face to face encounters with the public.  Just talking points and propaganda.  

Have a nice day. 
I made no claims about his face to face encounters...I stated he doesn't let such people get close for those things.  No propaganda...no spin (that was left up to you wanting proof of things I didn't even claim).

Well you are biased.  His behavior while different, is just as bad as Trumps.  This place would blow up if Trump was putting his hands on people or poking them.  
Sure...that is bad.  I would not say just as bad.  He let the people talk...he let them voice their opinions...he didn't cut them off.  Didn't egg the crowd on...didn't kick them out.  Didn't encourage violence against them.  He let them talk.

Sure...that is bad.  I would not say just as bad.  He let the people talk...he let them voice their opinions...he didn't cut them off.  Didn't egg the crowd on...didn't kick them out.  Didn't encourage violence against them.  He let them talk.
You are correct, he didn't encourage violence, he committed violence.  If anyone poked Joe, their next stop would be to the local magistrate to see what their bail amount is.  Also if Trump poked someone, there would be five threads about it and it would be the leading story on CNN.

You are correct, he didn't encourage violence, he committed violence.  If anyone poked Joe, their next stop would be to the local magistrate to see what their bail amount is.  Also if Trump poked someone, there would be five threads about it and it would be the leading story on CNN.
Calling that violence is ridiculous.  Inappropriate?  Yes...I agree.  Joe doesn't seem to have the touch boundry many do.  It is creepy with women and inappropriate with men (seems his own attempt at some sort of power move).

But quit the hypothetical of if Trump poked someone...Trump wouldn't get near them...he would have security take them away before they could.  

Calling that violence is ridiculous.  Inappropriate?  Yes...I agree.  Joe doesn't seem to have the touch boundry many do.  It is creepy with women and inappropriate with men (seems his own attempt at some sort of power move).

But quit the hypothetical of if Trump poked someone...Trump wouldn't get near them...he would have security take them away before they could.  
Like I said, let's see what happens to someone who pokes Joe.  Go poke some random strange and there's a good chance you're getting swung on.

"Trump wouldn't get near them"...that's the advice Biden should start following.

Like I said, let's see what happens to someone who pokes Joe.  Go poke some random strange and there's a good chance you're getting swung on.

"Trump wouldn't get near them"...that's the advice Biden should start following.
Sure...he needs his boundries.  I like that he is approachable even with those who disagree.  But he needs to control himself better no doubt.

He refuses to sit under oath and testify, both in the impeachment and Mueller investigation
For obvious reasons, he can't keep his lies straight and I doubt could testify under oath without committing perjury (which is why his attorneys insisted on providing written answers to Mueller's questions re Russia investigation). 

For obvious reasons, he can't keep his lies straight and I doubt could testify under oath without committing perjury (which is why his attorneys insisted on providing written answers to Mueller's questions re Russia investigation). 
I doubt that he will debate the Dem candidate because he now has a record that can be criticized. It was easy to promise the world as an aspiring politician

You have anyway to corroborate what you posted about his attorneys? Seems like prudent  advice by them 

I doubt that he will debate the Dem candidate because he now has a record that can be criticized. It was easy to promise the world as an aspiring politician
His ego and hubris are too big for him not to debate. He would be accused of being afraid of debating the Democratic nominee and he couldn't handle being called a coward. 

His ego and hubris are too big for him not to debate. He would be accused of being afraid of debating the Democratic nominee and he couldn't handle being called a coward. 
He's been called a coward for not sitting with Mueller and now everyone knows he's too scared to go under oath about Ukraine. I think he's become quite comfortable having more than half the country think he's a coward

The above was my last post in this thread. That post, what I was responding to, and every other post before that in this thread for 4 pages had absolutely nothing to do with Trump rallies.  :mellow:

What was the previous thread title, what was the discussion about, and why was the thread title changed instead of just starting a new thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
The above was my last post in this thread. That post, what I was responding to, and every other post before that in this thread for 4 pages had absolutely nothing to do with Trump rallies.  :mellow:

What was the previous thread title, what was the discussion about, and why was the thread title changed instead of just starting a new thread?
:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

The first 3 pages almost exclusively talk about the rallies - it got sidetracked with discussion about his lies and you participated in the side discussion.

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

The first 3 pages almost exclusively talk about the rallies - it got sidetracked with discussion about his lies and you participated in the side discussion.
What was the original thread title? It wasn't The Trump Rally Thread.

What in the original OP that was replaced yesterday?

A lot of people are going to show up, it will be wall to wall, no masks, and it will be a seeding event. Best wishes to everyone, sincerely.

And yeah the protests have been doing this, but not at the invitation of the President, he and his team spent 3 months warning about it. I really hope everyone stays safe.

Yea - be safe anyone who is going. I don't think I would go to a rally if I were a Trump supporter. Just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Yea - be safe anyone who is going. I don't think I would go to a rally if I were a Trump supporter. Just doesn't seem like a good idea.
It's a terrible idea. It's a super spreader event in the making. Indoors, with people projecting their voices, has proven to be one of the top ways to spread the virus.

The virus doesn't care about politics. People in leadership roles should be smarter than this.

It's a terrible idea. It's a super spreader event in the making. Indoors, with people projecting their voices, has proven to be one of the top ways to spread the virus.

The virus doesn't care about politics. People in leadership roles should be smarter than this.
Very few people were concerned about the virus spreading during all the protests.  

Perhaps Democratic leadership should have encouraged protestors to stay home and reduce the risk of virus spreading?  

I'm down with not having rallies.  But where were people in leadership roles when riots were going on?  I agree that protesting for equality is important.  I also think going to work to feed your family is important.  Americans weren't allowed to work because it might kill grandma.  But we're ok if grandma dies if it's in the name of protesting. 

Black Lives Matter.  So maybe we should think about protecting them from the Virus.

Very few people were concerned about the virus spreading during all the protests.  
Well they weren’t very smart then were they? Have you heard the news this morning? Hospitalizations are up again. It’s spiking in several places where protests were the worst. 

Nothing has changed. We still don’t have enough tests or anything close. We still need to social distance. The pandemic is still with us. 

Well they weren’t very smart then were they? Have you heard the news this morning? Hospitalizations are up again. It’s spiking in several places where protests were the worst. 

Nothing has changed. We still don’t have enough tests or anything close. We still need to social distance. The pandemic is still with us. 
That's why I wasn't protesting and I won't be at a rally either.  I'm commenting more on those outraged at the rally's but didn't express similar outrage at the protests.  We all know why

Perhaps Democratic leadership should have encouraged protestors to stay home and reduce the risk of virus spreading?  

I'm down with not having rallies.  But where were people in leadership roles when riots were going on?  I agree that protesting for equality is important.  I also think going to work to feed your family is important.  Americans weren't allowed to work because it might kill grandma.  But we're ok if grandma dies if it's in the name of protesting. 

Black Lives Matter.  So maybe we should think about protecting them from the Virus.
The protesting in mass gatherings wasn't smart either when it comes to the virus. The virus doesn't care what the "cause" is, either for the protests or for MAGA. It's a bad idea all around. The "what about the protests though" isn't a good enough defense for holding the rallies though. That's just typical political poor logic, which again the virus doesn't care about.

The protesting in mass gatherings wasn't smart either when it comes to the virus. The virus doesn't care what the "cause" is, either for the protests or for MAGA. It's a bad idea all around. The "what about the protests though" isn't a good enough defense for holding the rallies though. That's just typical political poor logic, which again the virus doesn't care about.
No.  And I said point blank I'm down with no rallies.  

But let's make sure we're being consistent.  If you're fine with protesting, you can't be mad about rallies.  And while I appreciate your consistency--a lot of others think protesting is fine because of the importance of the case. 

Again..The esteemed Governor of Michigan was out protesting AGAINST HER OWN EXECUTIVE ORDER

So that says to me she is 100% cool with a rally as well.

But let's make sure we're being consistent.  If you're fine with protesting, you can't be mad about rallies. 
Huh?

What if you're fine with protesting OR rallies, as long as they're outdoors and feature a significant number of people wearing masks?

Users who are viewing this thread