What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hispanic US Citizen doused with acid for “invading my country” (1 Viewer)

I’d also like to point out how ridiculous it is that in a country as economically dominant as the United States a GoFundMe has to be set up for medical bills for a victim who had battery acid thrown in his face so that in addition to his face his entire financial life isn’t ruined. 

My browser must be hiding videos...I don't see it.
Don’t know how to help you there.  There are several videos on that page, one is the surveillance of the guy throwing liquid in another guy’s face using a bottle. The one hit by the liquid grabs his face and crumples backwards and out of frame. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d also like to point out how ridiculous it is that in a country as economically dominant as the United States a GoFundMe has to be set up for medical bills for a victim who had battery acid thrown in his face so that in addition to his face his entire financial life isn’t ruined. 
Well gofundme's are set up immediately nowadays.  For all we know he may have fantastic health insurance. I wouldn't assume he doesn't.

And I have a pretty fat deductible on my health insurance, so  a go fund me would be awesome if I had to deal with a huge medical bill.  

Don’t know how to help you there.  There are three videos on that page, one is the surveillance of the guy throwing liquid in another guy’s face using a bottle. The one hit by the liquid grabs his face and crumples backwards and out of frame. 
Ok.

Well gofundme's are set up immediately nowadays.  For all we know he may have fantastic health insurance. I wouldn't assume he doesn't.

And I have a pretty fat deductible on my health insurance, so  a go fund me would be awesome if I had to deal with a huge medical bill.  
Of course. That’s a massive issue with our insurance system (for those with it and those without) is all I’m saying. 

Henry Ford said:
I don’t know what that means in this context. 
It means that my comment about being in no way filled with contempt by this fine gentleman and recognizing the need to understand my difference of opinion with him probably wasn't helpful.

Who has acid at the ready?  Who has battery acid?  Is battery acid just an expression used because it sounds cooler than other kinds of acid, maybe pool cleaner? 

I hope the perpetrator is brought to justice, hard and certain justice.  I hope the victim heals and does not harden his heart overly much.  He seems a strong fellow, a family man.  He did not seem angry, only incredulous.  He is a better man than I.  I would have much anger after such an encounter. 

Would love it if the perpetrator accidently spills some on his hand and has to go to an emergency room for treatment where an alert doctor calls the police.

Ahhh...  I see now that they have a 61 year old man they have arrested. I hope they have the right guy.
He allegedly went home and told his roommate “I’m in trouble. The police are coming for me.”

His roommate also reported that he’s a man with severe prejudices and that in the last couple of years he’s changed significantly. 

He allegedly went home and told his roommate “I’m in trouble. The police are coming for me.”

His roommate also reported that he’s a man with severe prejudices and that in the last couple of years he’s changed significantly. 
61 year old guy with a roommate?  That tells me enough.

Whatever happened to live and let live? This racist jerk deserves to have the book thrown at him, because that backwards way of thinking must be dealt with harshly. There is no place for hatred of someone else just because they aren't from where you are.

:goodposting:   Advocates against any kind of health care reform prefer the current Russian Roulette system. 

Mene said:
Strange.  I wonder what brought about those changes.
It could be a number of things including mental conditions due to his age.  He should still be locked up to protect the populace no matter the cause, though.  

It could be a number of things including mental conditions due to his age.  He should still be locked up to protect the populace no matter the cause, though.  
Agreed.  Though the cause should be considered, we wouldn't want this to happen again, and again, and again, and.... you get the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread