What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Price Check (1 Viewer)

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
In terms of draft picks, what value does D. Henry and/or A Peterson bring? I'm trying to move one/both to a team that is set to make the playoffs, but only have Montgomery and Jacobs as viable RB starters. 

12 team ppr

Peterson's not going to bring you anything.  I wouldn't even want him unless the alternative is I'm starting somebody's third string running back.  He's still got talent to help an NFL team, but he's probably not going to be good enough fantasywise to start on anybody's team who is set to make the playoffs.  Then again, that's what I think about him.  You might be able to find somebody who likes him.

Henry is interesting though.  If you find a guy who is weak at running back and strong everywhere else, you might be able to get a second round pick next year for him.  I'd say at worst a third.  I doubt anybody would give up a first rounder, but you could try.  Sometimes people don't think clearly about next year when trying to win this year.

Mine  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/781739-trade-for-cooper-whir/

jmble said:
Peterson's not going to bring you anything.  I wouldn't even want him unless the alternative is I'm starting somebody's third string running back.  He's still got talent to help an NFL team, but he's probably not going to be good enough fantasywise to start on anybody's team who is set to make the playoffs.  Then again, that's what I think about him.  You might be able to find somebody who likes him.

Henry is interesting though.  If you find a guy who is weak at running back and strong everywhere else, you might be able to get a second round pick next year for him.  I'd say at worst a third.  I doubt anybody would give up a first rounder, but you could try.  Sometimes people don't think clearly about next year when trying to win this year.

Mine  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/781739-trade-for-cooper-whir/
I think if the guy is a RB away then giving up a 1st rounder for Henry at this point is possible.  It all depends how that owner views this season vs future worth.  Also not knowing the keeper restrictions on Henry that may increase (or decrease his value). 

AP has basically no value.  Offer him up and take whatever the other guy will give you.  He has depth value (at least for now until Guice is back in the picture) and can be a decent spot start in a good matchup.  He is producing in positive game scripts. 

in a dynasty and/or keeper, I would give a 1st for Henry if I am a bit short in that position without batting an eye.  I am not selling Henry for anything less than a 1st rounder.

Users who are viewing this thread