What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Election Day 2019 (1 Viewer)

Virginia politicos that I follow on Twitter saying Virginia is experiencing highest turnout ever in non-Governor state election. 

I have no idea what to expect - even here in Kentucky, where Bevin is universally unliked, but has the backing of Trump.

If I had to guess, I'd call this a split decision evening - where VA turns blue, again, but where KY and Mississippi stay red

I don't really follow kentucky politics as much as perhaps I should - but twitter people seem to think Beshear is outperforming his expectations in many counties - and that a win is a distinct possibility.

I know a lot of the outstanding vote totals are Fayette and Jefferson (Lexington and Louisville) - which should tilt heavily towards Beshear

Predictit has had a huge swing in Kentucky:

Beshear to win is now $0.70 - up from $0.32 yesterday

Bevin has dropped from $0.70 to $0.32

What is fascinating about the Governor's race is that the other state-wide elections seem to be going strongly GOP

KY might be a new favorite state of mine.  Even though I was only there once.  Got drunk in Cincy and somehow found my way to Newport and got absolutely wasted.  Good town from what I don't remember.

In the "Things I'd Never Thought I'd Care About" Department, I've been watching the NY Times's live Kentucky governor's race vote tallies automatically refresh for the past half hour.

KY might be a new favorite state of mine.  Even though I was only there once.  Got drunk in Cincy and somehow found my way to Newport and got absolutely wasted.  Good town from what I don't remember.
Newport is good times.

Make no mistake - Bevin was disliked by everyone - and GOP is on track to win AG, and SOS and Treasurer, and Auditor, and Agricultural Commissioner - but this will be viewed nationally as a referendum on Trump.  Bevin has tried to be a mini-Trump, and obviously Trump came here yesterday to give his full endorsement...

When Bevin compared Trump to the Cats he may have sunk himself.
Actually - right before that I thought he made an odd mis-statement when he said this was better than a final-4.

Even Calipari can't get away with saying something like that...

Make no mistake - Bevin was disliked by everyone - and GOP is on track to win AG, and SOS and Treasurer, and Auditor, and Agricultural Commissioner - but this will be viewed nationally as a referendum on Trump.  Bevin has tried to be a mini-Trump, and obviously Trump came here yesterday to give his full endorsement...
yep.  not a huge upset, but still awesome.

So, kind of funny - in a not so funny way - but Beshear has been the State Attorney General under Bevin, and they have butted heads on several occasions.

Beshear looks to be the new governor, but he will have a Republican AG.  So we should get more of the same tension...

Thanks KY-guys for the local info on these candidates.  Love this place for info like this.  👍Often gets lost or spun on national news.  

There will be a recount for sure. 

Those always fascinate me - because the results always change a few votes, and it makes me wonder why they were not correct the first time...

I really don’t see the purpose of a recount right now for Bevin, he’s down by like 10,000 votes

Users who are viewing this thread