What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 10 (1 Viewer)

Galileo

Footballguy
CMC @ $10.5k.   :jawdrop:   I think he probably should still be in the line up!  Start the value hunting...

Placeholder: Jackson, CMC, Kamara, J. Samuels, Moore, Boyd, D. Johnson (oh no, not again!), Hooper, CLE

Others of interest...

QB: Brees, Winston, Ryan

RB: Barkley, Bell, Henry, Mack, Singletary

WR: Ugh...looking for value here yet again...May be worth it to step down from a high priced RB2 like Kamara and spend up a little to get a higher end WR.  Several in good spots, but need to re-work budget.  Thomas, Evans/Godwin, Julio, Hill, Adams     Cheaper guys... G. Tate, Brown, Kirk, Ridley, Parker

TE: Kelce and Hooper are the high price guys and the only ones I really feel comfortable with at the moment.  Can Howard or Brate pull off the Arizona match up??  meh.

😧 Colts and Ravens if I can pay up, but I doubt I will be able to.

I think there's actual value at RB this week with Montgomery at 6.4K and Singletary at 6.7K even for cash.  Pair them up with CMC.  I haven't put any lineups together yet though.  

I think there's actual value at RB this week with Montgomery at 6.4K and Singletary at 6.7K even for cash.  Pair them up with CMC.  I haven't put any lineups together yet though.  
Looks like it should be a decent match up, BUT that Chicago offense has been pretty awful.  I don't trust the offense, nor do I trust the coach's ability to game plan.  I will not be playing Montgomery in cash games.

I had the same thought about Montgomery and Singletary in the DK thread.  Those two are seeing an increase in volume for sure over the last couple weeks, and could unlock another better player or two at other positions.  

Dunno - I think I am done thinking about cash games for the most part this season.  Like I posted in the the DK thread - how can a cash LU not start with CMC and L.Jackson at this point, BUT then what is the rest of your LU looking like?  I just put in Jackson, CMC and Indy D, and it's 6K left/player.  I put in guys that aren't studs but are OK and cheaper in Olsen, Mack, and Montgomery, and it's 5.7K left/player for all the 3 WRs.   I guess I am getting worn out trying to pick between the scrub sub-6K WRs sub 5.5K TEs every week for cash LUs.     

I think I'm off of CMC this week.  Last week you could justify his salary because there were dirt cheap options to offset.  Not so much this week.  This is what I have so far but I'm not in love with it.

Drew Brees    8,300

Marlon Mack    7,400

Aaron Jones    7,600

Michael Thomas    8,700

Christian Kirk    5,700

Zach Pascal    6,400

Greg Olsen    5,100

Devin Singletary    6,700

Kansas City Chiefs    3,700

Thoughts?

JWinston, Montgomery,R Jones II, Julio Jones,M Evans, Golladay, Jonnu Smith, A Hooper, AR

Thoughts?

JWinston, Montgomery,R Jones II, Julio Jones,M Evans, Golladay, Jonnu Smith, A Hooper, AR
A TE in the flex?  Not something I would ever do.  I'll assume it is a gpp line up though and I only play cash.   It is also hard for me to get excited about Montgomery because I do not trust the Chicago offense at all.  I feel I want more certainty out of my RB spots (again, my cash game mentality).  That said he has produced the last couple weeks, so what the hell do I know.

I keep looking for ways to squeeze Jackson, McCaffrey, and Barkley into the same line up.  It can be done, but with the value buys I already have at TE and Def., I am left with 17,400 for my 3 WR spots (5800 average).  There are several guys around that price point (from 5300-6400) that could potentially contribute enough for a successful cash game line up, but I don't have great confidence in any of them.  

Pascal, Tate, Landry, Anderson, J Brown, Parker, Moore, Kirk, Boyd, Ridley.  At least three of those guys will produce something, right?  Now, which ones...lol?  The bolded are currently in my line up, but I seem to change the combination every few minutes.  I guess I could always stop trying to squeeze those high dollar guys...

A TE in the flex?  Not something I would ever do.  I'll assume it is a gpp line up though and I only play cash.   It is also hard for me to get excited about Montgomery because I do not trust the Chicago offense at all.  I feel I want more certainty out of my RB spots (again, my cash game mentality).  That said he has produced the last couple weeks, so what the hell do I know.
It was all the cash I had left and that game is the highest Vegas total on the board. Could have squeezed OBJ in but my faith in Cleveland's offense is the same as that of the Bears

It was all the cash I had left and that game is the highest Vegas total on the board. Could have squeezed OBJ in but my faith in Cleveland's offense is the same as that of the Bears
I am with Galileo on this one.  I personally very rarely deviate from 3 RBs on FD just because they usually have a lot more opps at scoring TD, which you need in this format.   I guess Hooper has hit 3x a couple times this year, it's just that TE is such a volatile position historically.   Just don't know if 2TEs are the way to go for a LU on FD.  What are the odds that both of those score more than what you could combine that salary and get at other positions?  

The other thing I noticed is that your stack of Winston/Jones/Evans seems to be in contradiction to the Az Def that's on your roster.  Also, if they are scoring that much, you would think that AZ is going to have to chuck it, or has already scored a bit so Jameis has to throw a bit, but you don't have an AZ player in the LU either.  

Just spitballing after reading a couple articles and listening to a couple pods about trying to correlate plays more in gpps, and what construction is most likely to hit for big $ on FD (I believe the one article said that 90%+ of the best lineups on FD were 3 RBs after taking away the PK, which makes sense since TDs are weighed more here and they get the most volume in the RZ).  

I keep looking for ways to squeeze Jackson, McCaffrey, and Barkley into the same line up.  It can be done, but with the value buys I already have at TE and Def., I am left with 17,400 for my 3 WR spots (5800 average).  There are several guys around that price point (from 5300-6400) that could potentially contribute enough for a successful cash game line up, but I don't have great confidence in any of them.  

Pascal, Tate, Landry, Anderson, J Brown, Parker, Moore, Kirk, Boyd, Ridley.  At least three of those guys will produce something, right?  Now, which ones...lol?  The bolded are currently in my line up, but I seem to change the combination every few minutes.  I guess I could always stop trying to squeeze those high dollar guys...
With that build, my instinct would be to go Tate or Crowder, Kirk, and Ridley.   But do you already have Barkley and Ellison in that LU?  

Not doing a cash LU this week, but I assumed the popular build would be something like:

Jackson or Brees

CMC, Montgomery, cheap 3rd RB (Samuels?)

M.Thomas, Ridley, Kirk

Cheap TE (Jonnu, Ellison, Olsen)

Cheap DT like Clev.  

I would imagine the bolded players would be really owned in cash, but could be wrong.  

cash and gpp - the optimizer is spitting out about 90% L.Jackson LUs.  It's interesting that I haven't seen one with CMC in it yet.   

Kind of glad I am not playing cash this week on FD.  It's a little easier to justify fading CMC in a gpp LU than it is in cash.  

Paying up at RB/QB for cash:

Jackson

CMC/Mack/Montgomery

Kirk/DParker/Ridley

Kelce

Cle

Good luck everybody 

Glad I worked so hard to get Barkley in my line up.  Oh, and I brilliantly replaced Ronald Jones with Jaylen Samuels about an hour before game time.  This week is going well...

:sarcasm:

I decided to avoid posting any thoughts and/or comments last week to try and break the FBG curse, just seems when I post here I have bad luck, lost 4 out of 5 weeks prior with 2 of those weeks being bad losses, but hey, I'm not superstitious, LOL

Turns out I had a very good week, Cash LU goes for 165.02, cashed all

Had GPP LUs of 150.98, 162.72, 165.96, 152.22, 172.52 cash and a LU that went for 197.02 that got a nice return.

Overall $225 in $484 out

Users who are viewing this thread