What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blockbuster trade—do I do it? (1 Viewer)

Kwai Chang Caine

Footballguy
Offering up Mahomes and Suttton for Micheal Thomas. I have Brees and Winston rostered as well (don’t ask...). Seems like a big upgrade to pair with Brees. Thoughts?

what type of league, re-draft, keeper, dynasty...how many teams, roster?  to answer your question, this is important.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really need more info about this league, but I'm assuming it's a redraft.

If he'll take it you should dish Mahomes. Even at his peak performance you're drop-off should  be covered by Thomas.

Although I am not 100% that I auto-start Brees over Winston. For all his mistakes he's has created two top 5 WRs in most PPR formats. It's an explosive passing offense that should not be discounted in fantasy.

My poll TIA

what type of league, re-draft, keeper, dynasty...how many teams, roster?  to answer your question, this is important.
Redraft. Long term league only 8 teams but GOOD money and cutthroat. 20 bench spots.6 points passing and must start 3 WRS. Thought getting Thomas too good to pass up given the other 2 QBs I have.

In an 8 team league I think I would rather have Sutton and Mahomes.  Mahomes is a difference maker at the position.  He has blow up games and that is what you need to win in 8 team leagues.  Thomas' strength is his consistency which is really nice in larger leagues but he doesn't have the huge blow up games that is needed when every team is stacked.  Sutton has been good and should continue to be the guy.  Good enough in matchups with what I would assume is a stacked WR corps you should have in an 8 team league. 

Users who are viewing this thread