What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Damien Williams for Stefon Diggs POLL (1 Viewer)

Should I accept this trade

• Absolutely, accept the deal immediately!

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Decent trade, you should probably accept.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Not quite good enough, you should probably NOT accept.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Absolutely not! Bad deal for you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chaka

Footballguy
12 team, redraft, super-flex, PPR, WR & TE are a combined position.

My RBs are: Cook & Mattison, Conner & Samuels, Ronald Jones, Damien Williams & Derrius Guice

My WR/TEs are: Tyler Lockett (#5 WR/TE), Austin Hooper (#8 WR/TE in my league), Darren Waller (#21) & Devante Parker (#46 but, IMO rising).

I am being offered Stefon Diggs (#22 in my league) for Damien Williams straight up.

Am I insane for not immediately accepting that deal?

Diggs has the overall numbers, but almost 40% of his season total came in one game, which is not terrible but it's not ideal either.  He has had double digit targets one time and as many as 8 targets only one time too.  He has scored TDs in only two games.  He would be the #3 WR/TE on my roster and I would have difficulty some weeks deciding whether or not to even play him, just like I do with Damien Williams.  Kirk Cousins is streaky, he can be great but he also chokes and Minnesota clearly does not want to be a pass first team.  BUT Thielen is out for at least another week, and probably limited for longer so Diggs is really the only show in town. Plus he has the ability to put up 40+ fantasy points in any given week.

If Conner wasn't always dinged up I would probably accept the deal without hesitation.  But Conner is always hurt and I fear that I will be facing situations like this week, where he gets the start only to get knocked ]out cede touches early to Samuels limiting both of their value.  Williams had his season high snap count last week being in on 72% of the Chiefs offensive plays while McCoy was in for only six snaps.  Is that a trend or an aberration?

So, again Am I insane for not immediately accepting that deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
I say probably accept.  Other than last week he had been trending up and the targets have been there.  

Users who are viewing this thread