What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

what "upgrade" was worth it? (2 Viewers)

mr. furley

Footballguy
stolen from reddit

what things did you decide to pay a bit more for that were a significant improvement from before? what's worth the premium?

better towels? expensive sheets? a specific computer keyboard?

Yikes.  Been pondering this for a few minutes and honestly I can't think of anything.  I don't think we really own anything that great.  Was late to the ballgame for buying an HDTV, still drive a 2004 Toyota, and have pretty much cheap everything else.    :sadbanana:

Maybe going with a Criquet polo over stuff from Target or whatever?  That's probably the best I got here.  

But yeah.... :blackdot:   

I'm considering the first just so I don't have to hear that one Tide commercial.
I waited for a long time before getting it, but I run a lot with Pandora playing and all of our long drives have it on. 

Commercials are bad enough but I really like being able to skip songs.

I waited for a long time before getting it, but I run a lot with Pandora playing and all of our long drives have it on. 

Commercials are bad enough but I really like being able to skip songs.
I listen from 9am-4pm M-F while at work.  It's really just background noise for me but sometimes I "get into it".

I can skip songs... sometimes skipping initiates a commercial, sometimes it doesn't.

I may just bite the bullet and get the upgraded version.  

Our house.. Went from in town, less then 1/4 acre and roughly 1,000 sq. ft. 

To just outside city limits(about 1 mile), almost 3 acres and about double the square footage.. with not having to pay city taxes our monthly payments are roughly the same. :bowtie:

Scotty Cameron Newport II putter
:goodposting: this won't get the attention it deserves. i don't own one and would never spend the money, but know three people who got one whom I play with regularly and their putting skills for some reason has gone up noticeably. it's all mental, right?

Higher thread count sheets.
:goodposting:

Charmins toilet paper. You don't realize it's more expensive because price wise looks the same as other brands but you actually get less squares per roll because it's plush. nice and plush and thick.

Weber grill.  Paid close to $900 for it 6 years ago.  Still rock solid and cooks as even as the day I bought it with no more maintenance than cleaning it.
This one for sure.  After a couple cheap grills, this is a no brainer and worth every penny.

Some others:

Google WiFi Mesh router

Breville toaster oven

SSD drive on our last computer for boot up

I will third shoes.

also Spotify premium

have been thinking about a remote start for years but have a hard time because I would mainly only use it for about 4 months of the year.
totally worth it. even in summer when you get in your car and it's 130 for the first 5 minutes.

Already mentioned that I'll agree with:

Weber Grill - went through a few 2-300 "disposable" grills before i finally decided to get one.

Paint brushes - a quality brush like Purdy makes the job easier.

I'll add:

Tools - Power tools (I prefer Milwaukee) and hand tools. Having the right tools makes home projects so much easier and enjoyable.

Underwear - Exofficio >>> Hanes

Natural gas grill over propane. Extra cost for a gas guy to add a line to the grill. Absolutely worth it to me.

Without a doubt - first class/business on a flight. 

Domestically, its anywhere from $200-400 more per flight. Its worth it. So much easier to work. Depending on what you do, can definitely make it up in the air by working.

Without a doubt - first class/business on a flight. 

Domestically, its anywhere from $200-400 more per flight. Its worth it. So much easier to work. Depending on what you do, can definitely make it up in the air by working.
Agree 100%.  If I'm on a flight longer than an hour, there's no way I'm sitting in coach anymore.  Especially being 6'5" and broad shouldered, coach is practically torture.

I will also say.....  underwear.  I started buying premium drawers about 2 years ago and I'll never go back to a Hanes/Fruit of the Loom type brand again.

I'm not sure if this counts as an upgrade, but the difference between a Holiday Inn and a W is immense. 

I'm definitely spoiled but I would not enjoy staying below a 3.5* hotel.

It is meaningless today, but back in the late 90's, when I upgraded my old VCR to the first progressive scan DVD player, it was such a huge jump in quality to my eyes.

Good champagne

a real cigar cutter

higher quality tailored suit
Don't know about the other two but I can vouch for this.

Just bought a new suit by Hart Schaffner Marx and it makes one feel like a million bucks. Throw in the $160 shirt and $160 tie and now you're really feeling it!

Users who are viewing this thread