What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stupid people (1 Viewer)

McJose said:
I get this but the mini mart near my house has 12 gas pumps and exactly FOUR parking spaces.  
I've worked on a lot of gas stations both in a ground-up construction capacity and in renovations... most jurisdictions count the "spaces" at the pumps as actual parking spaces.  So it's kind of expected that people can park there if the "typical" spaces are taken up.  

I've worked on a lot of gas stations both in a ground-up construction capacity and in renovations... most jurisdictions count the "spaces" at the pumps as actual parking spaces.  So it's kind of expected that people can park there if the "typical" spaces are taken up.  
oh sure, actual clarity to the situation.

I've headed out twice with the nozzel in my gas tank.  i should have been paying more attention, but I didn't.  

shoot me.

I've headed out twice with the nozzel in my gas tank.  i should have been paying more attention, but I didn't.  

shoot me.
I can't even imagine doing this once yet alone twice. What exactly is so important while pumping gas that "not paying attention" seems like a valid excuse?

Oddly, my first thought was: Can you imagine this woman attempting to do her federal tax return this spring? I know that the vast majority of folks either pay someone else to do it or use a software program that does it for them. But I believe in doing it myself, and so I have a sense of how difficult and convoluted it is. How in the world could she ever be expected to do something so complex as her taxes? It would be absolutely impossible for her to do them correctly. Just sayin'. 

I'm going to try this next time I'm at the always full Pilot station... park at the pump and walk across the street to the Wendy's for a 45-minute lunch.

Some people have mental blocks with things like spacial awareness. It's hard for those of us who are 'normal' to understand how something so simple can be so confusing for others but it's a real thing. I knew a guy, a manager at an IT company, who could not tell left from right, so when his GPS was telling him to turn right/left he had a method of holding his fingers in a 'guns' position, the 'L' appears properly in the left hand and that was the only way he could distinguish left from right. He did this every single time he had to make a turn.

Some people have mental blocks with things like spacial awareness. It's hard for those of us who are 'normal' to understand how something so simple can be so confusing for others but it's a real thing. I knew a guy, a manager at an IT company, who could not tell left from right, so when his GPS was telling him to turn right/left he had a method of holding his fingers in a 'guns' position, the 'L' appears properly in the left hand and that was the only way he could distinguish left from right. He did this every single time he had to make a turn.
If I am driving in an unfamiliar area and get stuck on a winding road I lose track of direction.  If I'm lucky it's a time of the day where I can recalibrate by looking at where the sun is in the sky.

Oddly, my first thought was: Can you imagine this woman attempting to do her federal tax return this spring? I know that the vast majority of folks either pay someone else to do it or use a software program that does it for them. But I believe in doing it myself, and so I have a sense of how difficult and convoluted it is. How in the world could she ever be expected to do something so complex as her taxes? It would be absolutely impossible for her to do them correctly. Just sayin'. 
Wait..what?  You do your taxes 100% with no assistance?  No software..nothing?  Why?  I mean that's like saying you write letters without a computer.  Or maybe you make phone calls with 2 cans and a string?  Smoke signals?

Not related to cars...but today's stupid people issue.

So...there was some ice and snow overnight.  Being in the south and some rural areas around the city...there are areas that get hit worse than others and then they often cancel school for the whole county.  School system always takes a ton of flack for it no matter what they do.  Last night, they post across multiple social media, that they would announce something at 5am if school was cancelled or delayed.  They do so right at 5 am today that there would be a two hour delay.  Of course the complaints come in...which are mostly pretty silly.  But then there are multiple people commenting...asking when busses would run.  As if adding 2 hours to the normal arrival time is just math that is too difficult.

Wait..what?  You do your taxes 100% with no assistance?  No software..nothing?  Why?  I mean that's like saying you write letters without a computer.  Or maybe you make phone calls with 2 cans and a string?  Smoke signals?
I do write letters occasionally, yes. The taxes thing is a matter of pride plus I don’t trust anyone. I want to know what’s going on under the hood. And, yes, our tax code is wack. 

As far as the gas station thing goes, I find it's a good idea to actually look at your new car and remember what side the nozzle goes into.

For any stupid people reading this thread that can relate....

your gas gauge on your dashboard has an arrow on it...that’s pointing to the side of your car the gas tank is on. 
I feel that even if she knew tip this she would still have done the same thing.  :wall:

I see was already mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not related to cars...but today's stupid people issue.

So...there was some ice and snow overnight.  Being in the south and some rural areas around the city...there are areas that get hit worse than others and then they often cancel school for the whole county.  School system always takes a ton of flack for it no matter what they do.  Last night, they post across multiple social media, that they would announce something at 5am if school was cancelled or delayed.  They do so right at 5 am today that there would be a two hour delay.  Of course the complaints come in...which are mostly pretty silly.  But then there are multiple people commenting...asking when busses would run.  As if adding 2 hours to the normal arrival time is just math that is too difficult.
4 consecutive overpasses on I-10 north of San Antonio.. accidents and multiple accidents resulting from the guy/gal driving around the wreck thinking the laws of physics are different for their car.

eta - different complaint than yours, still stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 consecutive overpasses on I-10 north of San Antonio.. accidents and multiple accidents resulting from the guy/gal driving around the wreck thinking the laws of physics are different for their car.

eta - different complaint than yours, still stupid.
Trucks been flying off the Finesilver Curve for how long? And these are supposedly "professional" drivers and even when there's no weather. You just know icy overpasses are gonna wreak havoc.

I'm going to try this next time I'm at the always full Pilot station... park at the pump and walk across the street to the Wendy's for a 45-minute lunch.
I'm guessing your car would be towed.  Parking is for customers only.  Not to use to go to the Wendy's across the street.

TheIronSheik said:
I'm guessing your car would be towed.  Parking is for customers only.  Not to use to go to the Wendy's across the street.
People do this at the gas station in Junction, TX all the time.  The gas station has a McDonalds inside that gets super busy.  Lines for the pump get ridiculous.

People do this at the gas station in Junction, TX all the time.  The gas station has a McDonalds inside that gets super busy.  Lines for the pump get ridiculous.
This infuriates me.

The Pilot station has a huge super-sized mini-mart, a Subway/DQ, a Denny's, trucker showers, etc. so this happens here frequently.

When the gas pumps are backed up I bite the bullet and pay the $10/fill-up premium at the Chevron or Shell across the street.

Users who are viewing this thread