What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN fantasy commissioners (1 Viewer)

This is my first year using ESPN versus Yahoo! - you can view the Auction Report. 

Players Tab - Auction Report.  It will show you who was bidding and how much you overpaid.  Hopet his helps.

Just wondering, can you see FAAB bids? In the past, I know MyFL commissioners could.
Not for ESPN as far as I know.

I was in several MFL leagues in the past and one day I was looking through the FAQ when I noticed that Commissioners had the ability to view bids, but that it was an option that  could be turned off. I looked in the leagues that I was in and it wasn't turned off. Not only did the Commish have the ability to view, but so did his 2 co-commissioners.  When I asked the Commissioner about his ability to view the bids, he said, don't worry, we play by the honor system in my leagues. 

I lost several bids that year by $1 to these guys,  but I didn't make a stink about it. Maybe it was just bad luck that  just got sniped by $1 several times, but I thought it was too much of a coincidence. These were $750-$1k leagues. If it was only a matter of turning off the option, then why wouldn't you? I got out of these leagues after the season and vowed never to be in a league that they run. I see them in the Looking For Leagues section every year. Hard pass.

you cant see bids before waivers are run as LM on espn. You can see keeper selections if you use their keeper feature (at least in 2018 you could, dont use the feature anymore). that's about the only thing i can think of that the LM can view that would possibly be considered an advantage over a normal owner

Hijack for a different ESPN LM question. A player got dropped by one team in my league in the middle of the night and instead of him being on waivers he was a free agent and another one picked him up a few minutes later. 

Is this an ESPN snafu or some funny business? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the other owner pick him up when waivers ran? Pretty sure if you drop someone within 24 hours they go back to the FA list instead of waivers.

Hijack for a different ESPN LM question. A player got dropped by one team in my league in the middle of the night and instead of him being on waivers he was a free agent and another one picked him up a few minutes later. 

Is this an ESPN snafu or some funny business? 
It has been my experience on ESPN when dropping a player, he is available as a Free Agent for a short time (but not sure how long). I mistakenly dropped a player Saturday night and was able to reverse the transaction about 5 minutes later, as the player I dropped showed as a Free Agent, apparently available to anyone during that short time span.

It would be interesting to know how long a dropped player remains a Free Agent before he is placed on waivers.

So the explanation from ESPN is that if a player is owned by a fantasy team for less than 24 hours and gets dropped he will be a free agent instead of going to waivers. Essentially preventing freeze outs.

Makes sense except for the fact that nobody knew that to be a rule. 

Users who are viewing this thread