What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Holiday movie/TV every night until Christmas (1 Viewer)

JB Breakfast Club

Footballguy
It's time to kick off holiday fun! I will attempt to watch a holiday themed TV episode or movie every night until Christmas. Off we go...

11/8: Gremlins - this flick is way more fun then I/you remember. Just enough holiday cheer spread through the fake snow. Epic bar scene. Worth an annual viewing. 

It's time to kick off holiday fun! I will attempt to watch a holiday themed TV episode or movie every night until Christmas. Off we go...

11/8: Gremlins - this flick is way more fun then I/you remember. Just enough holiday cheer spread through the fake snow. Epic bar scene. Worth an annual viewing. 
Saw a dog yesterday that looked exactly like th ert good gremlin in Gremlins. It took me a solid 5 minutes to remember Gizmo.

Saw a dog yesterday that looked exactly like th ert good gremlin in Gremlins. It took me a solid 5 minutes to remember Gizmo.
My Boston Terrier is named Gizmo as a direct reference to the ears on Gizmo in gremlins.

eta- sorry for the brief hijack.

Last edited by a moderator:
11/11: Father of the Bob (Bob's Burgers) - this Christmas episode is my 4 year old's favorite. I prefer Christmas in the Car. 

I also plan to catch up on Mr Robot tonight. The final season taking place around the holidays has been a fun touch. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Last few days have been old YouTube favorites. The Angry Video Game Nerd did a Christmas episode with Macaulay Culkin last year that was a hoot. I also really enjoy the one where he flips through an old Sears wishbook. My kids liked Pat the NES Punk, and they learned about 16 bit systems along the way. 

Back to TV episodes past few nights.

The Wonder Years (Hulu) - one Thanksgiving episode where the family needs a new oven. Love me some Jack Arnold. Saving the Christmas episodes for December. 

Community: bought the episodes from Amazon. I like the Glee Club episode better than the stop motion one.

Regular Show: another amazon episode purchase. Adventure with fun Goonies references. 

Also started working through South Park...really wish Hulu had the holiday episodes grouped - I guess that will come later. 

Broke out A Very Murray Christmas this weekend, which has become a favorite to wind down a night after a few cocktails. 

Parks and Rec has a few episodes but never really hit a home run. Nice moments in each one (gingerbread office, Jerry's Christmas party) but not as good as other shows from the era. 

Over the weekend, I hunted around Hulu for shows I liked as a kid...and fell upon Wings. Holiday episodes range from silly to (as serious as a 90s sitcom could be) serious. Only worth watching if you remember the show, and one of the Christmas episodes is missing for some reason. 

Also watched Elf with the family during a snowstorm. Favorite family watch for sure. 

Watched Klaus (Netflix original animated feature) with the kids.

I enjoyed it, but they could have cut about 15 minutes.
13 year old mostly blew it off and stared at his iPad.
11 year old watched quietly and intently. 
4 year old didn't like the first half hour and shed some tears near the end. 

Users who are viewing this thread