What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ROS - PPR - Adrian Peterson or Derrius Guice - WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
Both are currently on the WW.  Either guy would be playing in a bad offense.  

AP has looked good lately.  He's an old man but is on Bye this week so is resting up.
Week 6 - 136 total yards vs Dolphins
Week 7 - 81 total yards vs 49ers
Week 8 - 103 total yards vs Vikings
Week 9 - 130 total yards vs Bills

I get that a lot of people think Guice will get more play because the Redskins want to see what they have in him.  But the Redskins also have a rookie QB and want to see what he can do.  To me it makes more sense to keep Peterson on the field as he is less likely to make mistakes than Guice (who has almost no NFL experience) and can also be a steadying influence on Haskins.  So I'm thinking a 70-30 split in favor of Peterson.  Guice might be the passing down guy (don't know how good Guice is at pass catching, but Peterson only has 10 targets this season, so that's a negative in PPR).

TD upside isn't much for either guy - last Redskins TD for any player came in week 6 vs Dolphins.  I don't know who would get goal line work (if there even will be any goal line work).

Possible Chris Thompson return might make this a three headed backfield which would be good for nobody.

Leave a link and thanks!

You say both are on the ww...is there anybody else available on a real team who might have more upside for the rest of the year?

Foureyes said:
You say both are on the ww...is there anybody else available on a real team who might have more upside for the rest of the year?
This question was in anticipation of putting Kittle in my IR spot - so whomever I picked up had to be either on the Seahawks or 49ers, or on a Bye, so I could still pick them up tonight.  I ended up snagging Peterson.

Users who are viewing this thread