What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LSU coach recorded in locker room (1 Viewer)

Anyone who is upset about this has never been in a locker room before/athalftime/or after a big game (especially football).

Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pig ####. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game.

Main thought: I was not expecting to be able to understand so clearly what he was saying. 

No problem with what was said - much bigger problem with the tweet unless he cleared it with the coach first. 

McJose said:
Anyone who is upset about this has never been in a locker room before/athalftime/or after a big game (especially football).

Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pig ####. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game.
Anybody ever tell you that you look like a penis with that little hat on?

Why, he's a leader of young men of a tender age, humbly attempting to honor the sporting traditions of their university against their greatest rivals in front of family, friends and females measuring them for roles as future fathers, community leaders and church deacons. Cautiously do I venture to speak so boldly, but how dare he?!

Ant chance whatsoever it wasn't a player? Just as a point of comparison, it wasn't a player that recorded the "kill the head" audio of Gregg Williams in the New Orleans Saints' locker room.
There is no way to know for sure but the video looks like a phone that is being held by the player, with his right hand, being shown pointed back at himself like a selfie.  you can even see him look down at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way to know for sure but the video looks like a phone that is being held by the player, with his right hand, being shown pointed back at himself like a selfie.  you can even see him look down at it.
Couldn’t someone have taken the video if he posted online and sold it*?

*I’m a moron about how that stuff works

Couldn’t someone have taken the video if he posted online and sold it*?

*I’m a moron about how that stuff works
Once it is posted, I believe you lose control of the video, so there would be no need for anyone to sell it, Barstool could simply take it and repost it I believe with no cost to them.

I have no idea if it was sold, that was just an idea since I noticed Barstool did not retweet it (as would be normal if it was already posted), but posted it directly from their own account.

Just watched and listened to it for the first time. Much, much shorter and more innocuous than I was expecting. Was expecting something Gregg Williams-esque from some accounts.

Haven't seen anyone else outside of this thread mention that the tweet was sold to Barstool. Some believe it was Grant Delpit (likely 2020 1st round pick) that took the video ... so the thinking is that if worst came to worst, he could roll with whatever the team discipline -- or even NCAA discipline -- will be (if any).

Seems a stretch that anything from this video falls out on Coach O. For once, Twitter doesn't tear someone down. Maybe there's still time for a shoe to drop, though.

Hmmm ... seems like if Barstool paid for the video, it was a bad deal. @ComplexSports also tweeted the same thing. Not sure if it was around the same time, or what.

I have seen mention that if Barstool or Complex had simply lifted the video from, say, Delpit's Instagram (or Twitter?) ... that it would've been a "retweet", not an original tweet from their own accounts. Not as up on social media as I could be. But could the retweet-vs.-original tweet thing be meaningful?

Just watched and listened to it for the first time. Much, much shorter and more innocuous than I was expecting. Was expecting something Gregg Williams-esque from some accounts.

Haven't seen anyone else outside of this thread mention that the tweet was sold to Barstool. Some believe it was Grant Delpit (likely 2020 1st round pick) that took the video ... so the thinking is that if worst came to worst, he could roll with whatever the team discipline -- or even NCAA discipline -- will be (if any).

Seems a stretch that anything from this video falls out on Coach O. For once, Twitter doesn't tear someone down. Maybe there's still time for a shoe to drop, though.
I think there is some general confusion in this thread.

I don't think anyone thinks any thing the coach said was wrong or out of bounds.  It was probably the most normal and timid response you would hear from a coach in a situation like this.

The issue has nothing to do with what the coach said, since it was timid at best.  The issue is the recording and how it got online.   While this recording may have been timid, we all know there are likely significantly more juicy items that would make a coach and or program look bad if players continue to record and post.

Looks like it was posted on Instagram originally, less than an hour after gametime. Not sure if that is a player account or not.
That account looks like a generic LSU sports account, not a players account (no name is listed and the posts are all random LSU sports stuff).

If it went to instagram first, that accounts for why Barstool and others did not retweet it.

we all know there are likely significantly more juicy items that would make a coach and or program look bad if players continue to record and post.
I think the answer to this is: "Don't say something unless you want it posted to the internet."

Sure you can put rules in place with player phones and what not - but that seems to ignore the issue is not the publication, its what is being said - if its inappropriate.

That account looks like a generic LSU sports account, not a players account (no name is listed and the posts are all random LSU sports stuff).
Wild guess -- a student-equipment-manager type handed his phone to a player, let the player record something cool for equipment manager's Instagram, and this was the result?

Players should not be recording in the locker room period. 

Loss of trust in that player right there, for which I'd expect to see the LSU coaching staff take it up with the video-taking player directly.

At least we were spared seeing nekkid Ed Orgeron's Visanthe Shiancoe.

Should a collegiate institution hold standards of behavior of it's faculty/staff? Have we lost perspective? I dunno.

Should a collegiate institution hold standards of behavior of it's faculty/staff? Have we lost perspective? I dunno.
To an extent, of course. Did Orgeron do something objectionable? I don’t think locker-room cursing rises to the level of sanctionable behavior.

With the Coaches and AP slotting Bama 4th, the big question of the day is: where does LSU elect to play Bama in the opening round? Do they choose travel hoping a road weary fanbase doesn't match their excitement for finally getting into the playoffs, or do they choose to keep it in the South?

With the Coaches and AP slotting Bama 4th, the big question of the day is: where does LSU elect to play Bama in the opening round? Do they choose travel hoping a road weary fanbase doesn't match their excitement for finally getting into the playoffs, or do they choose to keep it in the South?
Bama is done

McJose said:

Mr Dugan, will you sign my baseball?

it would be cooler if he was recorded in the locker room along with the entire team doing a perfect performance of west side story take that to the bank brohans 

Users who are viewing this thread