What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 10* (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 OK, games are under way boys. Fortunately, no serious injuries to "major" skill position players so far.

Looking over the games, who all ya got so far as possible early pickups for next week?

I'd have to say O.J. Howard to start in the vast pit of TE gloom and doom.

What ya got??

TZM

OK, games are under way boys. Fortunately, no serious injuries to "major" skill position players so far.

Looking over the games, who all ya got so far as possible early pickups for next week?

I'd have to say O.J. Howard to start in the vast pit of TE gloom and doom.

What ya got??

TZM
If Howard was dropped, sure.

I have him in just about every league. Still don't think I'll start him next week.

Like others have said, Slayton and Hill if others on their team are out.

Don't forget about Lazard if he wasn't picked up in your league. He's getting looks and run. 

Slayton and Hill, for sure.

I'll add Josh Gordon.

TL;DR summary: Gordon has moved to a better offense, with a QB Gordon likes better and has a 5 year friendship with, with a QB who throws the ball better especially downfield where Gordon needs to be successful to be fantasy relevant, in an offense that loves to take deep shots downfield, on a team with a culture he likes better, and on a playoff bound team with a sieve-like defense. 

He's on a bye week in week 11, so they can use him a little bit tonight and get him up to speed over the ensuing 13 days. I'll snip a few of my comments from the 457 page Josh Gordon thread and put them here:

Gordon costs nothing to roster if he can be added before tonight's game (have a marginal depth player on bye week this week that you don't see needing before week 12?).

Gordon's got a clear path to the 3rd most targets per week on the team after the bye week. WRs 3/4 JBrown and DMoore account for 81 percent of offensive snaps on the year, and both are below replacement level players. The TE situation is very average or less than average - Hollister has earned 14 targets in the entire season after Dissly went down in the first few weeks. RBs don't drain a high number of targets.

Seahawks are top 4 in passing efficiency.

The offense scores the 7th most points per game in the NFL, with the 7th worst scoring kicking game (FG), and the 7th worst FG% kicker in the NFL.

Wilson leads the NFL in passing TDs, and has been top 5 in passing TDs for the past 3 seasons. 

Wilson is top 5 in attempted air yards and completed air yards, and has consistently been in or near the top 5 in the NFL in deep downfield passing efficiency for his entire career.

From weeks 12-16 where it might make sense to start Gordon, the Seahawks face defenses that are decidedly worse against the pass than they are against the run (excepting Carolina in week 15):

wk12 Phi 4% pass/ -18% run

wk13 Min -2% pass/ -17% run

wk14 LAR 3% pass/-23% run

wk16 Ari 29% pass/-5%run, an especially sweet matchup in the playoffs.

The Seahawks' defense is 27th in DVOA and gives up the 7th most points per drive and 10th most points per game. The offense will need to score points to win.

And the icing on the cake (anyone got the munchies?), no positive drugs tests or pending suspension, yet, that we know of.

worst WW week in a long long time.  Look for most teams to stand pat this week and the smart teams  at the bottom of the WW order get the scraps.  

this is the anti-waiver posting... Daniel Jones now has 3 games with over 300 yards passing and 3+ TD's in 8 starts. I can see people trying to get him after a week like last week, and anyone looking to pick him up will no doubt see this, but in case not, his next three weeks are bye, @CHI, GB. @PHI in week 14 looks good, but now that MIA game in week 15 doesn't look so good anymore. His ROS prognostics are not good. I was lucky to need him in my lineup this week, but will look to replace him.

I'll try to make a somewhat comprehensive list for it being Monday night & me being a few craft beers in.

QB's:

• Foles - Minshew mania has officially ended and has a decent matchup vs Indy. You could do worse if you're desperate for a QB/ have Rodgers, Russell, etc... on a bye
  • Daniel Jones - another good week of fantasy numbers. On a bye next week, but not the worst schedule after that
  • Jimmy G - If somehow still not owned, definitely worth at least a backup/ insurance QB
  • Darnold/ Mayfield - I lump these 2 together as my faith in both isn't very high, but depending what your situation is and who's available on the ww, might be your best options

RB's:

• Brian Hill - will be the lead back in ATL. I plan to use whatever WW Priority on him and a very high FAAB bid as well. Could be that RB2/ league winner for you
  • Hunt - activated and, while Chubb is still the guy...if still now owned, absolutely worth an add; especially as a handcuff for Chubb owners
  • Darwin Thompson/ Darrell Williams - speculative as either could be the #2 in the KC offense
The Premium Handcuffs:

• Armstead - Fournette has been a bellcow in JAX, but even in a game the previous weekend where the Jags looked like Jags, he still got 5rec for 65yds and is a Fournette injury away from RB2 status
  • Pollard  - clear backup to Zeke
  • A. Mattison - could be a RB1 if Cook goes down
  • Bonnafon - see above...with slightly less upside than Mattison

WR's:

• Darius Slayton - bye week, but looks to be a big part of an offense that looks to be playing from behind a lot
  • Diontae Johnson/ James Washington - toss up who, if either has value week to week, but both could still have value as a flex play
  • J. Crowder - decent PPR play
  • Taylor Gabriel - in deeper leagues - worth adding as he seems to be Trubisky's out WR
  • J. Gordon - still not sold, but could still be worth a flyer with the good landing spot in SEA
  • Josh Reynolds - Cooks already ruled out, bad matchup this upcoming week, but is now a viable option in the LAR pass game

TE's:

• OJ Howard - likely owned, but if not...might actually have some value now
  • Ebron/ Doyle - again, likely owned, but if not worth adding with all the TE injuries this past week
  • Jacob Hollister - looking good again tonight. bye week next, but could help those who lost a TE to injury
Defense**:

• WAS - playing NYJ...that is all
  • PIT playing Baker...i mean Cleveland 

And now, my drops for the week in order to make room for the above:

• Ty Johnson - if not already dropped... can be dropped now
  • McCoy - If have room, could still hold, but a healthy scratch this week & Dam Williams is clearly back to the RB1 in KC
  • Dorsett - Sanu is the new WR2 in NE, Dorsett can be cut
  • Robbie Anderson - still probably worth holding, but I have ZERO faith week-to-week on him putting up flex, much-less WR2 numbers
  • Zach Pascal - one week an add, next week a drop. no Brissett definitely hurts
  • Sammy Watkins - Mahomes back, Hill rolling, Kelce the 2 (possibly 1) passing option; i can see dropping Watkins
  • AJ Green - would you come back to play for this team if you were him???
  • Brandin Cooks - I have a feeling we don't see him again this fantasy season
  • Chris Herndon - same as last week; can be dropped before ever being added
  • Stafford - has been great this year...but a broken back in week 10??? not sure when he'll be back
  • Aaron Rodgers - still a "hold", but if you're in a bind and have a better QB rostered, i think you'll be ok dropping
  • NO defense - great matchup and playoff schedule, but they looked terrible this week and who knows how long Lattimore will be out for

I'm sure I'm missing some, but best i could do for now. hope this is helpful

I turned on the game late and saw Mostert getting the touches for SF.    Breida hurt ?   What about Coleman?    Thx. 

Nick Foles. Westbrook will probably return, and Foles also seems to do his best when replacing a starter...
So funny how different leagues change perceptions of players and when to grab them. I grabbed Foles after Wk 8 in a Superflex and plan on starting him this week without hesitation. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I turned on the game late and saw Mostert getting the touches for SF.    Breida hurt ?   What about Coleman?    Thx. 
Breida hurt his ankle and never returned to the game, Coleman I saw limping after a carry, not sure if he was taken out of the game like Breida or not. 

Due to attrition Hill will have a 3 down role.  Freeman always shared with Ito or Hill including redzone plays.
As a Freeman owner he was running as the lead back the last few games with Ito down. He was primed for a big game before the injury; even if it's two games for Freeman it's worth spending $10+ dollars for Hill. Next 2 games:

Week 11 - Nov 17 @ Carolina - Run funnel team that has gotten gashed by RBs lately

Week 12 - Nov 24 Tampa Bay - Shootout than could see a lot of dumpoffs

of all of @4th&inches well done list, I''m looking at:

Hill - can easily dump A. Jeffery as a flex player/RB bench (which I currently have Jam. Williams and RoJo).  Late season starting running backs are hard to come by.

Slayton - again can easily dump A. Jeffery as a flex/WR bench (where then I only have Kirk).  Hot WR's can carry you late in a season...although I may be getting overexcited here.

Hollister- would drop Hockenstein whom I had picked to cover for Kelce's bye in wk 12

I think I'll do this order - I'm 3rd on the waiver list, so that means Hollister.  TE can also flex in our league, so you never now!  

Aaron Rodgers - still a "hold", but if you're in a bind and have a better QB rostered, i think you'll be ok dropping
Sorry to pick on this in an otherwise great post, but I have searched and come up with nothing on a injury to Rodgers, much less something where we are fine dropping him.  Is there another Aaron Rodgers in the league?

Slayton - again can easily dump A. Jeffery as a flex/WR bench (where then I only have Kirk).  Hot WR's can carry you late in a season...although I may be getting overexcited here. 
Slayton and Deebo seem like quality targets from the WW this week.   May have dud games but huge games are possible any week. 

And now, my drops for the week in order to make room for the above:

• McCoy - If have room, could still hold, but a healthy scratch this week & Dam Williams is clearly back to the RB1 in KC
McCoy was dropped in my league. It wasn't long ago that D. Williams was left for dead. Are we being premature about McCoy as well?

He could have been inactive to rest although that seems fishy.

Tempted to make McCoy a high priority claim. With Mahommes back who knows, could be jackpot if D. Williams fumbles his way into the doghouse (which he did for a TD).

McCoy was dropped in my league. It wasn't long ago that D. Williams was left for dead. Are we being premature about McCoy as well?

Tempted to make McCoy a high priority claim. With Mahommes back who knows, could be jackpot if D. Williams fumbles his way into the doghouse (which he did for a TD).
I've dropped both in several leagues. It doesn't seem worth the risk to me, and who knows if that backfield will ever be settled until near playoff time...

After seeing what Dissly did for the Seahawks and what Hollister has done these last couple games I’m adding him in as many spots as possible. Especially if Lockett does end up missing any time at all. 

At this time, I wouldn’t. Stash after waiver runs? Sure? Just McCoy can’t be trusted (unless things change), and as a member pointed out in the McCoy thread, pass protection is very important right now to protect Patrick. McCoy is not very good at that compared to the Williams. Of course, the situation could change, but Reid’s comments yesterday have me doubting that. Maybe I read his comments wrongly, yet it sure sounded like a vote of no confidence, with the goal of not being mean to that player by using certain words. (Go to Adam Teicher’s Twitter feed to see what I mean.)

Sorry to pick on this in an otherwise great post, but I have searched and come up with nothing on a injury to Rodgers, much less something where we are fine dropping him.  Is there another Aaron Rodgers in the league?
I would assume it has less to do with an injury and more to do with him being a really bad start in 60% of his games this year, with really only one great game to payoff for all those stinkers.

His median score this year is 15 points, which is awful in a 1qb league.  Jeff Driskel just came off the bench and outperformed what Rodgers has done in 7 of his 10 starts.  Brandon Allen in 6 of his 10.  Ryan Tannehill is blowing him out of the water.

This is what I was referring to, sorry - did something happen to Rodgers that I'm not aware of?

This would take (nerves) of steel.
Believe me, I get the flack for this one. But hear me out. In my leagues (4pts for passing TD's), here's Rodgers' point totals:

Week   Opp       Point total

• 1         @Chi       12
  • 2         Min          14
  • 3         Den          13
  • 4         Phi           25
  • 5        @Dal          9
  • 6         Det          18
  • 7        Oak           44
  • 8        @KC         26
  • 9        @LAC       12
  • 10       Car            9
Aside from the 1 week vs. OAK where he tore it up, he's only scored above 20pts 2 other times. Now, I'm not saying to just toss him aside if you have no other option, but In a lot of cases, you could have drafted Lamar Jackson, Dak, Kyler, etc... late and at this point in the season with needs at RB/WR/TE, I could see dropping him for a Brian Hill or Slayton to help out your team. 

And here's his upcoming schedule:

• Week 11 - Bye
  • Week 12 - @ SF
  • Week 13 - @ NYG
  • Week 14 - WAS
  • Week 15 - CHI
  • Week 16 - @ MIN
So, we have week 13 at the Giants and week 14 vs WAS as Plus matchups.... and who knows, they might end up being another Aaron Jones game.

Again, I'm not saying to simply cut bait on him if he's your only QB / there's nothing else on the wire to swap him with, but if you have a viable QB, I'm not sure I'd rather have Rodgers than a RB/WR with upside to win me a week. 

McCoy could be one of those sneaky plays, but the "healthy scratch" and reason they gave doesn't really hold water to me... that + the other 3 viable RB's on the team have me wanting to look elsewhere and make McCoy someone else's problem

I would assume it has less to do with an injury and more to do with him being a really bad start in 60% of his games this year, with really only one great game to payoff for all those stinkers.

His mean score this year is 15 points, which is awful in a 1qb league.  Jeff Driskel just came off the bench and outperformed what Rodgers has done in 7 of his 10 starts.  Brandon Allen in 6 of his 10.
Exactly my thinking. I just typed up a long post referencing this... but you absolutely did the cliffs notes of what I was getting at. 

Users who are viewing this thread