What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 10* (1 Viewer)

To expand some.  Median QB score

Stafford - 26.4
Kyler - 24.0
Ryan - 22.3
Jameis - 21.9
Tannehill - 21.7
Wentz - 19.9
Allen - 19.7
Rodgers - 15.8

Obviously the top QBs are on another realm of existence to Rodgers, but what's gone unnoticed is that in reality he's getting dominated by the low end QB1's as well.  His mean/ppg score is inflated by that one utterly massive game.  That's fine, because you still get those points, but on a week to week basis he has basically been a low QB2 this year which has almost no value in 1qb leagues.

Obviously his upside still makes him appealing, but do you really want to be starting a guy in the fantasy playoffs that is more likely than not going to be scoring 5-10 points less than the WORST other starting QB in your fantasy league?  And he has a somewhat tough fantasy playoff schedule to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
To expand some.  Mean QB score

Stafford - 26.4
Kyler - 24.0
Ryan - 22.3
Jameis - 21.9
Tannehill - 21.7
Wentz - 19.9
Allen - 19.7
Rodgers - 15.8

Obviously the top QBs are on another realm of existence to Rodgers, but what's gone unnoticed is that in reality he's getting dominated by the low end QB1's as well.  His mean/ppg score is inflated by that one utterly massive game.  That's fine, because you still get those points, but on a week to week basis he has basically been a low QB2 this year which has almost no value in 1qb leagues.

Obviously his upside still makes him appealing, but do you really want to be starting a guy in the fantasy playoffs that is more likely than not going to be scoring 5-10 points less than the WORST other starting QB in your fantasy league?  And he has a somewhat tough fantasy playoff schedule to boot.

He's at 19.6 ppg in my standard-scoring league, putting him at QB12.

Dissapointing, sure.  Droppable, nah.

I thought he was having a bad year, just hadn't bothered to put numbers to it since I don't have him in any years.  I tried to broach the subject in either his thread or GB's thread awhile back, but was quickly shot down by stuff like "he's the greatest of all time, #######".

He can probably "turn it on" and still lead GB deep in the playoffs (and maybe yours), so it would be very bold to out & out drop him.

He's at 19.6 ppg in my standard-scoring league, putting him at QB12.

Dissapointing, sure.  Droppable, nah.
Sorry I mixed up the terminology in my original post.  I meant to say median score.

19.6 is his MEAN score, propped up by one huge game.  His median score (15.8), a better indication of his actual week to week performance, is miserable.

15.8 points is QB27 on a typical week.  Rodgers has failed to eclipse that number in more than half of his games.

What do you think about Chris Conley?  I saw this update on my league site:

Jacksonville Jaguars WR Chris Conley should see his targets increase now that QB Nick Foles is starting, according to Mike DiRocco of ESPN.com, and DiRocco said Foles was 'clearly more comfortable' throwing to Conley than other receivers during offseason activities.

Analysis: Conley has had a couple of big games this season, but his production has been inconsistent overall. More targets would help his floor, but fantasy owners can take a wait-and-see approach with Conley.
Also, he has a pretty nice schedule the ROS with TEN, TBB, OAK, and ATL in week 16.

What do you think about Chris Conley?  I saw this update on my league site:

Also, he has a pretty nice schedule the ROS with TEN, TBB, OAK, and ATL in week 16.
This is probably going to force me to keep him another week to see how he does with foles.  He 27 though and cant even breakout in what should be a breakout opportunity.  If it looks like a turd it probably is.

Breida getting a 2nd opinion on his ankle.

R. Mostert could be interesting. Possibly even J. Wilson.

SF coming off this loss may pummel AZ into the ground.

This is probably going to force me to keep him another week to see how he does with foles.  He 27 though and cant even breakout in what should be a breakout opportunity.  If it looks like a turd it probably is.
Chark and Westbrook are just better.....I don't see much upside in Conley.

Breida getting a 2nd opinion on his ankle.

R. Mostert could be interesting. Possibly even J. Wilson.

SF coming off this loss may pummel AZ into the ground.
I played Mostert once earlier this year - got a TD out of him.

That said - isn't Coleman fine?  I would assume Coleman would get the lion's share.

Breida may be a drop for me...

With Adams on a bye (and Wilson and Carson)...my WR situation isn't all that great (then again RB may struggle if Connor has a set back).  Breida is behind Conner, Lindsay, and Miles Sanders for me this week...is there a point in holding a guy who is, at best, 5th in my rotation?  Meanwhile Allen, Chark, Adams is ok but I can't trust Ridley to do anything.

Think Breida may just be a casualty of having decent depth and too iffy when he will get enough carries to be worth keeping.

Breida may be a drop for me...

With Adams on a bye (and Wilson and Carson)...my WR situation isn't all that great (then again RB may struggle if Connor has a set back).  Breida is behind Conner, Lindsay, and Miles Sanders for me this week...is there a point in holding a guy who is, at best, 5th in my rotation?  Meanwhile Allen, Chark, Adams is ok but I can't trust Ridley to do anything.

Think Breida may just be a casualty of having decent depth and too iffy when he will get enough carries to be worth keeping.
Every decision has its own logic. You've thought it out. If you're not going to use him, maybe a flier on a risk or something?

I just did the same thing with McCoy. I can't use him because of even the in-game risk of benching. Can't have that, so he gone. 

Another thing that made me ask the question is the update on my League Dominator app:

Outlook up a little:  Even though Conley was ice cold going into the bye, he gets the quarterback who recruited him to the Jaguars and was on the same page with him back this week when Nick Foles starts against the Colts.
His first game of the year with Foles against KC he had 6/97 and a TD.  I get that Chark is better, but he is not available and this is the WW thread.  I also get that most people see Westbrook as rated higher, including the Draft Dominator, but I like that Conly's ceiling is higher compared to Westbrook.  I guess it depends on what you need.  Consistency or a gamble on a high ceiling boom or bust WR.

Every decision has its own logic. You've thought it out. If you're not going to use him, maybe a flier on a risk or something?

I just did the same thing with McCoy. I can't use him because of even the in-game risk of benching. Can't have that, so he gone. 
That is sort of how I use those end of the roster types anyway.  Just talking myself into it at this point.  With the new ankle issue and both other backs healthy...his path to being a big time asset to me just went down (especially after I added Damien Williams when someone dropped him...McCoy's situation now has Damien being a better asset to me than Breida).

The risk...is Breida's injury not being that bad...and then Coleman gets hurt next week.  Now all of a sudden, in that run heavy offense, Breida is worth it and someone else may grab him.  But that is the risk we take.

Mostert has always looked like a beast when I have seen him play. I wonder if he will every really get his chance?

Yeah, I thought he looked good earlier in the year when he had a chance, but Brieda seems to be a coaching favorite and Coleman has the contract, so....

Mostert has always looked like a beast when I have seen him play. I wonder if he will every really get his chance?

Mostert's stats are very slanted toward the end of games:

Att   Yds   Avg

1st Quarter    4     14     3.5

2nd Quarter   8     37     4.6

3rd Quarter   15    78     5.2

4th Quarter   30   193    6.4
That’s awesome insight right there. Thank you for that. 

if you had to choose, which RB lotto ticket would you choose:

• Brian Hill
  • Ryquell Armstead

Personally i have 1 "revolving" roster spot and am trying to decide who to bid on 

I'll try to make a somewhat comprehensive list for it being Monday night & me being a few craft beers in.

QB's:

• Foles - Minshew mania has officially ended and has a decent matchup vs Indy. You could do worse if you're desperate for a QB/ have Rodgers, Russell, etc... on a bye
  • Daniel Jones - another good week of fantasy numbers. On a bye next week, but not the worst schedule after that
  • Jimmy G - If somehow still not owned, definitely worth at least a backup/ insurance QB
  • Darnold/ Mayfield - I lump these 2 together as my faith in both isn't very high, but depending what your situation is and who's available on the ww, might be your best options

RB's:

• Brian Hill - will be the lead back in ATL. I plan to use whatever WW Priority on him and a very high FAAB bid as well. Could be that RB2/ league winner for you
  • Hunt - activated and, while Chubb is still the guy...if still now owned, absolutely worth an add; especially as a handcuff for Chubb owners
  • Darwin Thompson/ Darrell Williams - speculative as either could be the #2 in the KC offense
The Premium Handcuffs:

• Armstead - Fournette has been a bellcow in JAX, but even in a game the previous weekend where the Jags looked like Jags, he still got 5rec for 65yds and is a Fournette injury away from RB2 status
  • Pollard  - clear backup to Zeke
  • A. Mattison - could be a RB1 if Cook goes down
  • Bonnafon - see above...with slightly less upside than Mattison

WR's:

• Darius Slayton - bye week, but looks to be a big part of an offense that looks to be playing from behind a lot
  • Diontae Johnson/ James Washington - toss up who, if either has value week to week, but both could still have value as a flex play
  • J. Crowder - decent PPR play
  • Taylor Gabriel - in deeper leagues - worth adding as he seems to be Trubisky's out WR
  • J. Gordon - still not sold, but could still be worth a flyer with the good landing spot in SEA
  • Josh Reynolds - Cooks already ruled out, bad matchup this upcoming week, but is now a viable option in the LAR pass game

TE's:

• OJ Howard - likely owned, but if not...might actually have some value now
  • Ebron/ Doyle - again, likely owned, but if not worth adding with all the TE injuries this past week
  • Jacob Hollister - looking good again tonight. bye week next, but could help those who lost a TE to injury
Defense**:

• WAS - playing NYJ...that is all
  • PIT playing Baker...i mean Cleveland 

And now, my drops for the week in order to make room for the above:

• Ty Johnson - if not already dropped... can be dropped now
  • McCoy - If have room, could still hold, but a healthy scratch this week & Dam Williams is clearly back to the RB1 in KC
  • Dorsett - Sanu is the new WR2 in NE, Dorsett can be cut
  • Robbie Anderson - still probably worth holding, but I have ZERO faith week-to-week on him putting up flex, much-less WR2 numbers
  • Zach Pascal - one week an add, next week a drop. no Brissett definitely hurts
  • Sammy Watkins - Mahomes back, Hill rolling, Kelce the 2 (possibly 1) passing option; i can see dropping Watkins
  • AJ Green - would you come back to play for this team if you were him???
  • Brandin Cooks - I have a feeling we don't see him again this fantasy season
  • Chris Herndon - same as last week; can be dropped before ever being added
  • Stafford - has been great this year...but a broken back in week 10??? not sure when he'll be back
  • Aaron Rodgers - still a "hold", but if you're in a bind and have a better QB rostered, i think you'll be ok dropping
  • NO defense - great matchup and playoff schedule, but they looked terrible this week and who knows how long Lattimore will be out for

I'm sure I'm missing some, but best i could do for now. hope this is helpful
Quality post again, @4th&inches - love it.

For QB, Foles makes for an excellent depth pick. Yes, we'll see how he stacks up vs MInshew and his SB-excelling self when he's back, but he should have been snapped up a week or two ago as his return neared in deeper teams. If you like carrying insurance for a QB1 or need to offset your present QB's tougher match ups, has some games where he will feasible need to throw to score points (IND, TB, LAC, maybe OAK and ATL depending on trajectory and health at that point).

For leagues where people are scrambling, I may be more comfortable looking at an upside guy like Jones, or even Carr, Tannehill and Kyle Allen over downside/highly variable guys like Mayfield and Darnold -- may sound crazy given Mayfield's talented offense (not including him) and Darnold's supersoft schedule, but Carr/Allen/Tannehill have momentup and are on a bit of a roll though their upside may be capped. Carr and Allen appeal because of the passing yards they get with some very excellent pass catching backs.

For deeper leagues I would add guys at RB like Moestert (covered by many others) -- yes, he may be used more in games where the 9ers are leading but given their D and their ability to play ball control. Gus Edwards is another cuff if available and like Moestert, has low-floor flex appeal in games BAL gets up -- but unlike Moestert, has a better schedule down the stretch to do so.

Bonnafon was a sleeper pick that I was coveting and hoped he be around after I got through my Week 11 bye hell -- I think unlike a guy like Armstead, he had less chance of guys behind him being a carry siphon (e.g. dev prospect Jordan Scarlett) than Armstead (Ozigbo, Ervin who is undersized but speedy) -- but then the Panthers signed Mike Davis, who I think downgrades Bonnafon as a cuff and comes into the consideration for lotto backs in deep leagues.

I’ll second Gordon with Lockett apparently having with what sounds like compartment syndrome of his leg last night. 
Gordon is a sexy pickup at WR and while Lockett seems to only have a bad bruise as opposed to compartment syndrome, may still miss time. But if Metcalf is available, he looks to be steadily improving and I think just as sexy -- maybe more so.

At TE, Cook looks to be coming back for TEN. I don't trust Hollister, even with the TD, but Fant looks to be coming on, and Fells might be on the wire thanks to the bye.

As to D, PHI scares me because of their secondary, but might be a good pre-emptive pickup for the stretch. OAK might be a flyer for this week's match against CIN as well -- not sure I would trust them given injuries to secondary and punching way above weight -- and I say that as a huge fan of the team. I think some regression might set in given thin personnel.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Matt Breida (ankle) is expected to miss 1-2 weeks.

Breida aggravated a low-ankle sprain in the Monday night loss to the Seahawks. Raheem Mostert should slide right into his 1B role next to Tevin Coleman, making Mostert a worthwhile FLEX option for desperate fantasy owners looking for 8-10 touches.
Owners probably nabbed Mostert on waivers already but he's the add you want now. He looked better than Coleman in OT and the Arizona game should have some decent fireworks.

Users who are viewing this thread