What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charles Rogers RIP (1 Viewer)

Terrible news. Right after the news of Cassius Winston's brother this weekend. Tough weekend for the Spartan family.

The back of the endzone heal tap TD against ND was still maybe the best catch I've ever seen.

I grew up in Saginaw the same time Rogers did. I was a grade above him but went to a different high school. Also went to Michigan State during his entire college career. Just a ridiculous athlete between football, basketball and track. Could tell countless stories about him. I don’t care if I’m biased, most talented WR to enter the NFL since Moss with exception to Calvin. While not surprising this one hits a little close to home. Word was he relapsed and couldn’t come back from it this time around. RIP.

Sad life. RIP.

Took him super high in a dynasty startup in his rookie year. I thought he was the next big thing. Everyone did at the time.

Andre Johnson was also in that draft and their career arcs were almost complete opposites.

jtd13 said:
Terrible news. Right after the news of Cassius Winston's brother this weekend. Tough weekend for the Spartan family.

The back of the endzone heal tap TD against ND was still maybe the best catch I've ever seen.
I agree with you totally

Ridiculous athlete.   Sad how his life took such a downward turn when he should have been a wealthy superstar.   

I was at his Lions debut, 2 TD game where rookie Anquan Boldin had 217 yards. I thought I was seeing the debut of two future NFL legends. Sad to see how differently it all turned out for Charles.

I was at his Lions debut, 2 TD game where rookie Anquan Boldin had 217 yards. I thought I was seeing the debut of two future NFL legends. Sad to see how differently it all turned out for Charles.
Being from Detroit and now living in Phoenix, I remember that game very well.

Sad day.

Was his drug problem super bad?  Guess I don't recall all that?  I do remember him being suspended for marijuana and the injuries but didnt know he had a pill problem.

Rip

Was his drug problem super bad?  Guess I don't recall all that?  I do remember him being suspended for marijuana and the injuries but didnt know he had a pill problem.

Rip
I think the problems really mounted after the NFL but that's just speculation.  I haven't followed his story and was really saddened after watching this interview.  Wish he had more time to redeem himself:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQj1Ou4f1aI

Last edited by a moderator:

Rip
He died due to having cancer and liver failure. Likely due to excessive smoking of marijuana. Can confirm he smoked weed almost daily since at least his sophomore year of high school. MSU and the Lions hid that fact pretty well while he played with them. 

He died due to having cancer and liver failure. Likely due to excessive smoking of marijuana. Can confirm he smoked weed almost daily since at least his sophomore year of high school. MSU and the Lions hid that fact pretty well while he played with them. 
Due to smoking marijuana ? 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread