What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whats the most you’ve ever spent on yourself for dinner? (1 Viewer)

Can't say for sure, but I think it was when I was in Paris after dropping my family in Carnac for the summer.  The concierge in my hotel suggested a great restaurant where I dined for ~180 euros--all in.  I thought that was great value compared to the 90 euros I was charged in the hotel bar for two gin and tonics pre-dinner.

The wife and I were staying in downtown Minneapolis.  The hotel we were staying in was right by Mannys Steakhouse.  I had heard a lot about it listening to KFAN over the years that I convinced here to give it a go. Luckily we were able to get in right away (was 4:30 in the afternoon, but if we didn't go then we wouldn't get in at all) .  Final bill was $325 for the 2 of us and the only alcohol was a glass of wine that she had.  Food was very good and would probably do it again, but was a bit of a shock.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wife and I were staying in downtown Minneapolis.  The hotel we were staying in was right by Mannys Steakhouse.  I had heard a lot about it listening to KFAN over the years that I convinced here to give it a go. Luckily we were able to get in right away (was 4:30 in the afternoon, but if we didn't go then we wouldn't get in at all) .  Final bill was $375 for the 2 of us and the only alcohol was a glass of wine that she had.  Food was very good and would probably do it again, but was a bit of a shock.
You need to re-read the OP.

The wife and I were staying in downtown Minneapolis.  The hotel we were staying in was right by Mannys Steakhouse.  I had heard a lot about it listening to KFAN over the years that I convinced here to give it a go. Luckily we were able to get in right away (was 4:30 in the afternoon, but if we didn't go then we wouldn't get in at all) .  Final bill was $375 for the 2 of us and the only alcohol was a glass of wine that she had.  Food was very good and would probably do it again, but was a bit of a shock.
What did you get?

Bone in New York, Dry aged for 65 days.
Why you holding back?   How about the sides?  Dessert? 

65 seems like a long time.   The most tasty piece of steak I've had was from Peter Lugers and the apparently only age theirs for 28 days.   I wonder at what day does the aging no longer matter.

I sat at a sushi bar after flying all day without eating anything. Ended up just ordering a bunch of stuff at once. With a few beers and the food it was around $90?

Guaranteed less than $50.

Most expensive I can remember is a good steak, with sides and whiskey in DC, around $40 including tip

We're cheap and the wife would be pissed if I took her somewhere more than $25 each. 

Why you holding back?   How about the sides?  Dessert? 

65 seems like a long time.   The most tasty piece of steak I've had was from Peter Lugers and the apparently only age theirs for 28 days.   I wonder at what day does the aging no longer matter.
Loaded mashed potatos and Asparagus/Hollandaise. I paid extra for the 65 day dry aged.  It came with a tag

There was probably some instance I spent more than $20, but I sure don't remember it. -EV play.

I went to a Ruth Chris by my hotel by myself once and spent around 100.00 

If I am not drinking and not expensing I try to find the best Thai around and get out around 20.00

If I’m eating by myself it’s for business and expensed. Several over $120 if I have a couple of glasses of wine. If more - separate check 😀

San Diego for work and I didn’t want to do the whole group thing. Went to some oyster place by myself and spent well over 150 on oysters and a few beers. Think I got a fish dinner in there too. Iirc the oysters were $36 for a dozen. 

Can’t recall ever going anywhere nice by myself, especially if we’re excluding business trips. Maybe $20?

Amazing how much more you’ll spend as a couple.

I'm not sure I've ever sat in a restaurant by myself. Maybe a hotel bar on business travel (but I would usually have co-workers with me), but that would mix food and drinks. Maybe $50?

bought a bottle of '12 hillside select a couple years ago to celebrate a deal I closed.

by myself in Midland TX at a ####ty italian restaurant with a crazy wine list.

$600-800?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an amazing dinner in Tokyo. I don't remember the name of the place. It was on the top floor of a big building. Had some Kobi beef and some sushi. It was probably about $200.

Almost sure it’s under $50. I’ve never had a fancy dinner by myself. If I’m alone I get something cheap or make something myself. 
Same. I may have had a nice Japanese meal on my own, but since I don't really order alcohol the total was likely under $50.

Users who are viewing this thread