What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hey Nonny - Arlington Heights (Chicagoland) (1 Viewer)

Rhythmdoctor

Footballguy
I will be playing a 2 hour set in Arlington Heights this Friday 11/15 at a place called Hey Nonny from 4:30-7:00 with a 30 minute break in between. Anyone know much about this place? I live in Chicago but I've been hearing some good things about this place. I will be playing about 90 minutes of original music and the remaining 30 minutes will be covers. I will blend the covers into the set. As of now I have the following covers on deck (band only, keeping the songs a surprise):

Wilco
Dead
Zeppelin
Phosphorescent
Phish
Bowie
Dylan

Edit to add:

Adjusted the time. 4:30-7:00 with a 30 minute break. So two hour long sets. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be playing a 2 hour set in Arlington Heights this Friday 11/15 at a place called Hey Nonny from 4:30-6:30 with no breaks (or possibly 4:30-7:00 with a 30 minute break). Anyone know much about this place? I live in Chicago but I've been hearing some good things about this place. I will be playing about 90 minutes of original music and the remaining 30 minutes will be covers. I will blend the covers into the set. As of now I have the following covers on deck (band only, keeping the songs a surprise):

Wilco
Dead
Zeppelin
Phosphorescent
Phish
Bowie
Dylan
I'm not too far from there.  I'll try to make it and be the guy requesting songs by Loverboy.  I won't be able to make it until 6. 

I have not been in there but it seems like it is getting a good crowd and it's in an ideal location. 

I'm not too far from there.  I'll try to make it and be the guy requesting songs by Loverboy.  I won't be able to make it until 6. 

I have not been in there but it seems like it is getting a good crowd and it's in an ideal location. 
That would be awesome! If you do show up please introduce yourself after my set and we can have a beer together and talk about football or Shuke!

I’m about 45 minutes from there, wish I could make it but I’ll be drinking on the couch while my kids tear the house up

good luck 
Are you in Chicago or a different burb? I’m in Chicago and play shows all the time. I’ll start posting those in the future. 

I used to live in Arlington Heights, about a mile and a half from downtown, where Hey Nonny is.  It's a cool place.

Lots of young to middle aged professionals live in that area, since it's right by the train station to go to downtown CHI.  You should have a great crowd if you're playing tonight.  Enjoy!  Looks like you are going to play a real diverse set of covers.

I used to live in Arlington Heights, about a mile and a half from downtown, where Hey Nonny is.  It's a cool place.

Lots of young to middle aged professionals live in that area, since it's right by the train station to go to downtown CHI.  You should have a great crowd if you're playing tonight.  Enjoy!  Looks like you are going to play a real diverse set of covers.
Preferred Palatine, personally, though I can't claim to have ever been to Nonny's

Major shoutout to @Brony who stopped by my show last night to show his support! It truly means a lot!  Says a lot about this community!  Good dude but doesn’t smoke pot. Not sure we can still be friends because of it. ;)
:lmao:  I smoke brisket. 

@Rhythmdoctor can make some great music.  Just his voice and an acoustic guitar - the guy can play!  His orignals sound as good as any of the covers he was doing.    Thanks for the heads-up on playing our little suburb. 

:lmao:  I smoke brisket. 

@Rhythmdoctor can make some great music.  Just his voice and an acoustic guitar - the guy can play!  His orignals sound as good as any of the covers he was doing.    Thanks for the heads-up on playing our little suburb. 
Appreciate the kind words, Brony. I have audio of the entire show. I’ll try to post it once I upload from my Zoom H4.

Did I mention that I recorded most of the show?  I have a 2 song teaser from the show linked at the bottom of this post. I placed a hand held recorder (Zoom H4N) on a counter about 10 feet to my side.  It's not a great recording but it's much better than expected considering the placement of the recording device which was a poor angle and also patrons can be heard loudly at times.  Also, every once in awhile there sounds like a blowing wind but it's actually the headliner next door doing soundcheck and when someone goes from my room to that, the door opens and the bass bleeds through on the audio.  There were also a couple of times that a lady (same one) bumped into me while I was playing.  Finally someone in her party encouraged her to move and she did.  

Anyways, I'd love for you to take a listen and let me know what you think. What is posted below are the final 2 songs which is Eyes of the World and That's The Way, both cover songs. As mentioned, the show was mostly original music, but for a public forum I thought it was more appropriate to post something you're more familiar with.  I have both sets available for upload if anyone is interested.

Pocock @ Hey Nonny 11/15/2019 Encore

Rhythmdoctor said:
Did I mention that I recorded most of the show?  I have a 2 song teaser from the show linked at the bottom of this post. I placed a hand held recorder (Zoom H4N) on a counter about 10 feet to my side.  It's not a great recording but it's much better than expected considering the placement of the recording device which was a poor angle and also patrons can be heard loudly at times.  Also, every once in awhile there sounds like a blowing wind but it's actually the headliner next door doing soundcheck and when someone goes from my room to that, the door opens and the bass bleeds through on the audio.  There were also a couple of times that a lady (same one) bumped into me while I was playing.  Finally someone in her party encouraged her to move and she did.  

Anyways, I'd love for you to take a listen and let me know what you think. What is posted below are the final 2 songs which is Eyes of the World and That's The Way, both cover songs. As mentioned, the show was mostly original music, but for a public forum I thought it was more appropriate to post something you're more familiar with.  I have both sets available for upload if anyone is interested.

Awesome.  Wish the sound was better.  Let's hear some originals.

Rhythmdoctor said:

:blackdot: to listen later.

Sure! I can post the whole show, rather most of it. I missed the first 3 songs, forgot to turn on recording device. Then I opened set 2 with 3 banjo tunes but it’s barely audible. Then I captured some guy giving out his full name, addreess, email and CC info. If he only knew! Luckily I’m a nice guy.  So essentially the first five songs of set two are also left off the final recordings. But aside from all that I can post both sets.

You know, instead of posting the originals I played at Hey Nonny, maybe it's better to simply check out my very lo fi recorded 'album' that is found on all the major streaming services (itunes, Amazon etc...)?  The songs were recorded about as primitively as you can imagine, but I actually like the timbre of the recordings.  All but one of the tracks are one-track/one-take recordings with no overdubs.  I've always been a player and less of a recording engineer, so most of my recordings have been like that.  But again, I like the output and it's definitely better than this live recording. I think for next time, I'll use a mic stand and prop the Zoom up on that in front of the speaker.  That should be perfect. 

Anyways, on Amazon, iTunes etc, you could look for the following:

Artist: Pocock

Album: Bare

You know, instead of posting the originals I played at Hey Nonny, maybe it's better to simply check out my very lo fi recorded 'album' that is found on all the major streaming services (itunes, Amazon etc...)?  The songs were recorded about as primitively as you can imagine, but I actually like the timbre of the recordings.  All but one of the tracks are one-track/one-take recordings with no overdubs.  I've always been a player and less of a recording engineer, so most of my recordings have been like that.  But again, I like the output and it's definitely better than this live recording. I think for next time, I'll use a mic stand and prop the Zoom up on that in front of the speaker.  That should be perfect. 

Spotify Link for those who are looking https://open.spotify.com/album/6u1xTpeB3Ot5feYT5kUyFw?si=H4SD45sjRsWvWU8Bfujbjg

Is that you on the harmonica on Angie's Song?  Pretty good.

:blackdot: to listen later.
Listened tonight - you sound great!!  Especially enjoyed the second song.  Your guitar playing is particularly lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread