What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

World Kindess Day (1 Viewer)

Long Ball Larry

Footballguy
Yeah, every day is a day now and it's all kind of silly and artificial as we continue to be stuck in our present shock protopia.  But what the hell.  Being kind to each other in real life is still something valuable.  Today is World Kindess Day, so if you ever want to do something nice, there is no time like the present (a slogan which will be a fantastic new meditation t-shirt for me...)

https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/world-kindness-day

May you all dwell in safety.
May you be happy and healthy.
May you be free from afflictions.
May you be at peace.

Except @Fat Drunk and Stupid

no, no, no, be kind.  Even you, man.

Believe

There is

Good in the

World

Was just talking about kindness to my 9 year old daughter last night. She's at the age where kids at school are just turning mean and judgmental, and she was frustrated with certain kids in her class.

All I could tell her is: "just be nice and kind to people. I know it's hard, but you just have to walk away when someone says mean things to you. You can't fight hateful with more hateful."

And then I get out in the world and so much hate is around us, I feel like its a battle that can really never be won. All I can do is hope the kids that walk out of my house don't bring hate into their lives. 

Was just talking about kindness to my 9 year old daughter last night. She's at the age where kids at school are just turning mean and judgmental, and she was frustrated with certain kids in her class.

All I could tell her is: "just be nice and kind to people. I know it's hard, but you just have to walk away when someone says mean things to you. You can't fight hateful with more hateful."

And then I get out in the world and so much hate is around us, I feel like its a battle that can really never be won. All I can do is hope the kids that walk out of my house don't bring hate into their lives. 
I don't think that it is a battle against hate in the world.   It is a path toward self-fulfillment and self-actualization.   And bringing more kindness than hate into the world will be beneficial regardless of whether hate can be overcome in a grand sense.

Users who are viewing this thread