What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kaep works out this Saturday (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
This is awesome.  I hope some team signs him and puts him right in.  He'll get demolished.  Then all of this fake martyrism can be done with.

People tend to ignore the timeline of Kaepernick when they say the NFL colluded to keep a former Super Bowl winner off of team's rosters.  It goes like this:

Won SB --> Started playing bad -->  Lost starting spot to BLAINE GABBERT!!! --> Began his kneeling protest --> Called cops 'slave catchers' --> Drew interest from the Ravens --> Called the Ravens owner a plantation owner and Ray Lewis an Uncle Tom through a proxy --> Currently unemployed

The worst thing that could happen for Kaep and his followers is that he gets signed by a team.  

This is awesome.  I hope some team signs him and puts him right in.  He'll get demolished.  Then all of this fake martyrism can be done with.

People tend to ignore the timeline of Kaepernick when they say the NFL colluded to keep a former Super Bowl winner off of team's rosters.  It goes like this:

Won SB --> Started playing bad -->  Lost starting spot to BLAINE GABBERT!!! --> Began his kneeling protest --> Called cops 'slave catchers' --> Drew interest from the Ravens --> Called the Ravens owner a plantation owner and Ray Lewis an Uncle Tom through a proxy --> Currently unemployed

The worst thing that could happen for Kaep and his followers is that he gets signed by a team.  
Isn't there turning down a $15 million extension in there somewhere?

Don't forget the little-known fact that he went vegan (because of his girlfriend - not sure if they're still together) and lost a ton of muscle mass.  Smart.

Whey I first heard about this workout, it seemed like a dumb desperation move on his part.   Then I learned that this was organized by the NFL, so I assume it was part of his settlement.   It makes a lot more sense now.   I wonder if the NFL offices have reached out to teams and asked them to send scouts to make it seem more legitimate.   

Early on there was questions about this workout being completely different than other individual workouts for other veteran free-agents. Why is that?

The Gabbert- Kap thing isn’t quite so simple. Gabbert won the start job but lost it and Colin started 12 games finishing with the 17th highest QBR in the league on one of the worst teams.

Don't forget the little-known fact that he went vegan (because of his girlfriend - not sure if they're still together) and lost a ton of muscle mass.  Smart.
Some of the greatest athletes in the world are moving to plant based diets.  There's no difference between animal protein and plant-based protein.  And how do you think animals get their proteins?  By eating plants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Brady is vegan.   

Some of the greatest athletes in the world are moving to plant based diets.  There's no difference between animal protein and plant-based protein.  And how do you think animals get their proteins?  By eating plants.
Dunno.  I just heard this was a "big thing" right around the time Kaepernick was "ousted" and a lot of media outlets were reporting that GMs and the like were pointing to this.  Maybe deflecting the bigger issue(s).  Again, dunno.  

I did notice him looking a lot skinnier months after this reportedly occurred... where guys like Brady actually look healthier.  

Anyone that gets beat out by Blaine freakin Gabbert should automatically be banned from the league. I wonder if this trash bag will wear his pig cop socks at the work out.

Not sure why that's really super relevant, but OK.  So are you implying teams are so racist, they'd rather lose than sign a great Mulatto QB?
Obviously not given the current racial makeup of the NFL and QB position. Why would you think that? My point was when you say he lost his starting job to Gabbert in caps, it seems to imply that he was playing very poorly when that wasn’t the case. 

Anyone that gets beat out by Blaine freakin Gabbert should automatically be banned from the league. I wonder if this trash bag will wear his pig cop socks at the work out.
Except Gabbert was benched for Kap and Kap outplayed him significantly. There’s plenty of arguments to be made against Kap but this Gabbert one isn’t it. 

You care about what kind of socks a guy that has been out of the league for years is wearing?

Except Gabbert was benched for Kap and Kap outplayed him significantly. There’s plenty of arguments to be made against Kap but this Gabbert one isn’t it. 
But Gabbert initially won the starting job, that's all I need to know. But they are both awful so it really doesn't matter. 

Obviously not given the current racial makeup of the NFL and QB position. Why would you think that? My point was when you say he lost his starting job to Gabbert in caps, it seems to imply that he was playing very poorly when that wasn’t the case. 
But he did lose the starting spot to GABBERT.  Sure, Blaine ended up being terrible, ALSO, but at one point, Kaep was so bad, a team said to themselves, "Maybe we should start Gabbert, instead?"

FYI, this has been discussed a lot in the Political Forum.
I don't go there.  

And I'm not really sure this is a political debate.  Dude hates America.  He said he didn't vote because he hated both Trump and Clinton.  So I'm not sure it's really one side against the other.  

You care about what kind of socks a guy that has been out of the league for years is wearing?
Well, if the socks said, "I support ISIS", then yes.  It really depends on the socks.  Let's not pretend people are worried about the socks.

But Gabbert initially won the starting job, that's all I need to know. But they are both awful so it really doesn't matter. 
He was an ok QB. The hate is obviously driven by much more than his performance on the field. He has the 23rd all time highest career passer rating, 17th all time yards per attempt, 2nd lowest career interception % to go along with averaging 558/3 per 16 games on the ground. He’s certainly no All Pro, but he had strengths. 

He was an ok QB. The hate is obviously driven by much more than his performance on the field. He has the 23rd all time highest career passer rating, 17th all time yards per attempt, 2nd lowest career interception % to go along with averaging 558/3 per 16 games on the ground. He’s certainly no All Pro, but he had strengths. 
He did.  But a lot of QB's start strong and fade after a couple of years.  It's not uncommon.  Kaep was great early on but lost it.  Like dozens before him.  But when he lost it, that's when he started the protesting.  

You sure it’s not political?
I mean, maybe for some?  I don't know.  I don't consider it political.  Again, if the guy hates both sides, how can it be political.  Was not liking Osama bin Laden political?  He also hated America, albeit much, MUCH more than Kaep.  I don't see how you can look at a QB who was not playing well, lost his starting job, then decided to go scorched Earth and think, "Wow.  What a political issue." :shrug:

This workout itself is clearly a sham, Saturday afternoon in week 12 with a few days notice? Come on. 

I don’t know or care if Kaepernick is good enough to play in the NFL any more but at the very least he would have been recycled through a few teams over the past couple years if not for the political headaches he brings. There are some terrible terrible QBs with NFL jobs. 

To me, this just reeks of Roger Goodell trying to play catch up. It's a clunky attempt at keeping the peace in light of the next round of labor negotiations.

He gets to say, "Hey, we have him a chance but no team really wanted him. What more can I do?"

That guy does less to team his paycheck than any other CEO in America (as far as I can tell, which isn't very).

Yup, to say he's not talented enough to at least be a back-up in the NFL is laughable.  IMO, he's good enough to start on at least a few teams.  It's definitely not his talent keeping him from playing.

He did.  But a lot of QB's start strong and fade after a couple of years.  It's not uncommon.  Kaep was great early on but lost it.  Like dozens before him.  But when he lost it, that's when he started the protesting.  
The truth is somewhere in the middle. At the time his "issue" came to the forefront his skills had diminished to the point that the headaches he would cause weren't worth bringing him into a franchise. He's surely still better than some of the dreck that has made it's way out onto the field but not good enough to be worth the backlash a team would get from half it's fanbase. To put it a different way if Russell Wilson started kneeling during the anthem and Seattle released him, every team in the league would be lining up to sign him. If Mitch Trubisky started doing it, he'd be on the outside looking in like Kaep is.

I mean, maybe for some?  I don't know.  I don't consider it political.  Again, if the guy hates both sides, how can it be political.  Was not liking Osama bin Laden political?  He also hated America, albeit much, MUCH more than Kaep.  I don't see how you can look at a QB who was not playing well, lost his starting job, then decided to go scorched Earth and think, "Wow.  What a political issue." :shrug:
You are referring to his voting record/preferences so that’s about as political as it gets. Also since when did dislike for 2 candidates mean a hatred for the country? Wasn’t it a really common sentiment in 2016 that both HRC and DJT were poor candidates which led to Gary Johnson and Jill Stein voters? This needs to go to the political forum.

Yup, to say he's not talented enough to at least be a back-up in the NFL is laughable.  IMO, he's good enough to start on at least a few teams.  It's definitely not his talent keeping him from playing.
He hasn't played since 2016. There's no way to know how skilled he currently is. But it's reasonable to think that not playing for three years has probably degraded his ability.

He hasn't played since 2016. There's no way to know how skilled he currently is. But it's reasonable to think that not playing for three years has probably degraded his ability.
I hear you.  It's almost a definite he's not as good now as he was when he last played.  But he appears to still be in very good shape and is only 32 years old.  It wouldn't take him long to get back in the swing of things.  

HOT TAKE (put your oven mitts on):

Kaep would be better in Chicago than Trubisky. 

I remember him bursting upon the scene.  Like others before him and some after he presented challenges defensive coordinators were not prepared to meet.  He was fast, willing to run, and had a big, if inaccurate arm.  He threw a beautiful looking ball.  He was Ronnie Brown running the wildcat, Tim Tebow , Kordell Stewart/slash.  He was a bit of Michael Vick or Robert Griffen.  Then the beating started taking its toll and coordinators got a book on him.  He was going to have to continue growing, and he might have.  Unfortunately we will never know.  Controversy overtook him as did injuries and slow growth.  The controversies were self sought but really what did he do which was so bad?  He knelt, genuflected, during the national anthem.  This was dangerous territory.  He was exercising speech, but dangerously so as he was using a symbol with potentially multiple meanings and his speech by action and not words was open to interpretation.  Others started imposing their views as to what his ambiguous actions were meaning to convey.  Many imposed their own agendas on the not quite blank, but unclear slate of his actions.  He became a lightening rod, to an extent fairly, but to an extent unfairly.  Regardless, the Q.B. who needed stability and professional growth did not get that for three solid years.  World class athletic skills not honed for three years tend to take a step backwards.  He could not afford that step backwards, not to be a starting Q.B.  Could he be a serviceable backup to specific offensive systems, I have little doubt, but he would need to do so for backup money and he would need to adopt a backup persona. 

The truth is somewhere in the middle. At the time his "issue" came to the forefront his skills had diminished to the point that the headaches he would cause weren't worth bringing him into a franchise. He's surely still better than some of the dreck that has made it's way out onto the field but not good enough to be worth the backlash a team would get from half it's fanbase. To put it a different way if Russell Wilson started kneeling during the anthem and Seattle released him, every team in the league would be lining up to sign him. If Mitch Trubisky started doing it, he'd be on the outside looking in like Kaep is.
This is exactly right.  When people say he's good enough to be a back up right now, that's a self imposed wound.  In every sport, if you are talented enough, people will look past your downside.  But no team wants to deal with all of the baggage he brings just so he can be a backup QB.  There are/were plenty of players who took a knee or protested in some way.  And a lot of them kept their jobs.  

Nope, just pointing out his garbage persona.
You seem to be really close to Kaep, Bell, and several other NFL players.

Some consistent, serious, and personal anger/hate from you for people I thought we all just watched play football on Sundays.

Kinda weird.

This is exactly right.  When people say he's good enough to be a back up right now, that's a self imposed wound.  In every sport, if you are talented enough, people will look past your downside.  But no team wants to deal with all of the baggage he brings just so he can be a backup QB.  There are/were plenty of players who took a knee or protested in some way.  And a lot of them kept their jobs.  
Ron Mexico as a Steeler QB says hi.

Well, if the socks said, "I support ISIS", then yes.  It really depends on the socks.  Let's not pretend people are worried about the socks.
No, it is about people getting truly upset and angry over the actions of people they don't know beyond watching them play a sport on TV.

When a poster starts in on the personal insults of a football player... I wonder how someone gets to that point.  I can't relate, how/why do people even care?

Also - he pretty specifically called out the socks.  With that posting history, I am assuming he does indeed worry about Kaep's socks.

It's about time that Kap is getting a workout.   He is probably good enough to be signed as a backup somewhere and I hope he is signed.   I am not a fan of Kap and hope all players learned a lesson that actions and words can be taken too far but if he is good enough to play, he should.   

You seem to be really close to Kaep, Bell, and several other NFL players.

Some consistent, serious, and personal anger/hate from you for people I thought we all just watched play football on Sundays.

Kinda weird.
You seem very in tune with who I post about & what I post about. Kinda weird. 

I find this whole situation (recent development wise at least) very strange.  First, the insiders reporting that this was thrust upon Kaep and not necessarily him being part of the decision or the timing.  He claims he's been training all this time and is ready, so that doesn't matter.  But it is just strange the NFL would take the lead.  There has to be a story somewhere, but it really makes no sense.

Then Kaep's response that he's "looking forward to seeing all the GM's and head coaches."  On a Saturday?  He knows that can't be the case in the middle of a season.  So why does he say it?  Is he positioning himself to have another reason why there is a conspiracy against him if no HCs show up?  I don't get the response if he is being serious about getting back in the NFL, unless he knows the NFL isn't serious about this actually being an audition. :shrug:  

Users who are viewing this thread