What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

M.D.G.C.J.S.C.O.F. - A.K.A The Fire Thread (Henry Ford Suspects Meth, tennis balls no longer come in cans) (1 Viewer)

I've been working from home all day.  My kids are both high schoolers, they got home around 4:45ish.  My daughter immediately took the dog out for a walk, and my son went up to his bedroom and was watching youTube videos on his phone.  My daughter came back from walking the dog and I was showing her something on the computer in my office when we smelled a burning smell.  It seemed really strong, like someone was burning leaves in the house.  So we start looking around, go into my son's room and ask if he had lit a match or something.  Nope.  So I start looking around trying to triangulate on the smell.  My daughter yells that it is in her room, I walk in and the garbage can is blazing.  I ran over to it and picked it up, carried it downstairs and dumped out the contents on the front walk.  Sifting through the ashes and I didn't see anything that might have caused a fire.  I'm just glad we were here and started investigating.

https://imgur.com/a/fybdamh

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooof. Glad everyone's OK and you caught that. Probably battery or chemical related.
I can't figure it out really.  No batteries or wires near there.  Chemical would be the only thing, there was some old candy in there too so maybe something heated up and caught the sugar on fire?

Have you or anyone in your family recently felt a paranormal presence in the house?  Doors opening by themselves? Sheets being pulled off the bed?  Were you or another member of the household possibly raised by a coven of witches who have declared allegiance with the archdemon Beelzebub? 

Have you or anyone in your family recently felt a paranormal presence in the house?  Doors opening by themselves? Sheets being pulled off the bed?  Were you or another member of the household possibly raised by a coven of witches who have declared allegiance with the archdemon Beelzebub? 
I've been called Bub before, does that count?

not saying your daughter was doing this but i have heard stories about vape things starting on fire maybe look through whatever it is that you dumped out take that to the bank brohans 

not saying your daughter was doing this but i have heard stories about vape things starting on fire maybe look through whatever it is that you dumped out take that to the bank brohans 
Looked through it and nothing there.  My daughter would be the last person to Vape anyway and she hadn't even been upstairs yet.

Looked through it and nothing there.  My daughter would be the last person to Vape anyway and she hadn't even been upstairs yet.
show us a picture of the burned up trash take that to the bank bromigo

That could've ended badly. Glad you were there to intervene!

That's one of my worst fears. I mean, not a random, unexplainable trash can fire, but just a house fire in general. My son had a space heater in his room last winter and I went to move it to another room and when I went to unplug it the plastic plug damn near burned my hand it was so hot. Needless to say, we haven't used it since. Scared the crap out of me. 

It was mostly just ashes, a roll of lifefsavers, and a melted pen ink cartridge.  Nothing the bank would want.  I already threw away the solid parts.
What do you mean melted pen ink cartridge?

i doubt the fire got hot enough to melt anything.  I hate to say this but she was possibly trying a vape pen that is designed to look like a pen or something.  

Does it get sunlight? Any chance a glass bottle magnified the sun?
This happened to us, wife put an old cosmetic mirror on the floor in a spare bedroom to put with a bunch of donations.

Smelled burning wood, the sun was bouncing off it onto the end table

What do you mean melted pen ink cartridge?

i doubt the fire got hot enough to melt anything.  I hate to say this but she was possibly trying a vape pen that is designed to look like a pen or something.  
First thing I thought of.

I can read, thanks.  Every parent thinks their kids “would be the last to ______”.

kids are kids, and are curious.  Don’t be naive.  

My son is a straight A student, Boy Scout, and in the marching band.  If I found pot in his room someday it wouldn’t shock me at all. 

Wake up ####### parents.  
This one time, at band camp...

Any kids jumping 20+ feet from atop one rock to another?

I look back at the stuff I was doing at 14.  My parents didnt have a clue.  My friends’ parents didn’t have a clue. 

Wake up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
shuke said:
I can read, thanks.  Every parent thinks their kids “would be the last to ______”.

kids are kids, and are curious.  Don’t be naive.  

My son is a straight A student, Boy Scout, and in the marching band.  If I found pot in his room someday it wouldn’t shock me at all. 

Wake up ####### parents.  
I’m not sure you can read. His daughter hadn’t even been upstairs yet, Colombo. 

have we really ruled out that the daughter is none other than cobra commander if i was you i would probably give that one a little look see but that is just me talking take that to the bank brohans

Foosball God said:
I have no idea what she might have been doing, but her not having been upstairs yet is not relevant.  The batteries in those things can go spontaneously whenever they feel like it.  The news has a bunch of lovely stories with electric car batteries, hover boards, and random vape items going all firestarter for no particular reason.  Just like this.

Users who are viewing this thread