What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

M.D.G.C.J.S.C.O.F. - A.K.A The Fire Thread (Henry Ford Suspects Meth, tennis balls no longer come in cans) (1 Viewer)

A ball point pen ink cartridge, not big enough to vape anything through.  Appreciate the concern but her vaping would be completely out of character for her.  I'm not naive, there is plenty of crap she could be doing that might surprise me.  Vaping is not one.

day two and still no trash pictures thats all i am sayin take that to the bank brohans 

A ball point pen ink cartridge, not big enough to vape anything through.  Appreciate the concern but her vaping would be completely out of character for her.  I'm not naive, there is plenty of crap she could be doing that might surprise me.  Vaping is not one.
Then what about your son?

I have no idea what she might have been doing, but her not having been upstairs yet is not relevant.  The batteries in those things can go spontaneously whenever they feel like it.  The news has a bunch of lovely stories with electric car batteries, hover boards, and random vape items going all firestarter for no particular reason.  Just like this.

I'm pretty sure it was Foosball's Tesla.  That Elon Musk is a smart dude.  New software update has the fires start somewhere away from the car. 

We sort of had a little fire recently from the toaster.  The crumbs built up at the bottom (we slacked on emptying it) and my wife tried toasting a hash brown.

Make sure you guys empty out the crumbs of your toaster.

Just glad to hear that the family Foos is all well.

Interesting that the smoke alarms did not go off, or maybe you did not mention it.  Anyway, good reason to check them and to check on whether your fire extinguisher is charged.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
We sort of had a little fire recently from the toaster.  The crumbs built up at the bottom (we slacked on emptying it) and my wife tried toasting a hash brown.

Wait how do you toast a hash brown?  I’m confused. 

Then what about your son?
I would be surprised, but not to the level of my daughter.  There just wasn't anything in the ashes that indicated any vaping paraphernalia.  I know what pot smells like so I would definitely catch that if he was doing something in the house.  He's been using a candle in his room the past week so my first thought was he struck a match to light the candle and then threw it in my daughter's garbage, but the candle wasn't lit and it wouldn't make sense for him to throw a match in my daughter's garbage, he has his own garbage. 

Just glad to hear that the family Foos is all well.

Interesting that the smoke alarms did not go off, or maybe you did not mention it.  Anyway, good reason to check them and to check on whether your fire extinguisher is charged.
It went off while I was carrying the blazing garbage can down the steps.  So there is that.

She has a method that actually works really well.  She takes a frozen hash brown and I think she microwaves it for a minute or so.  She then throws it in the toaster.  The hash brown comes out nice and crispy (not burnt though).

:goodposting:

She has a method that actually works really well.  She takes a frozen hash brown and I think she microwaves it for a minute or so.  She then throws it in the toaster.  The hash brown comes out nice and crispy (not burnt though).
They can also be stored unfrozen and simply cooked in the toaster. Not as good as turning them over on a griddle, but it suffices when in a hurry.

I would be surprised, but not to the level of my daughter.  There just wasn't anything in the ashes that indicated any vaping paraphernalia.  I know what pot smells like so I would definitely catch that if he was doing something in the house.  He's been using a candle in his room the past week so my first thought was he struck a match to light the candle and then threw it in my daughter's garbage, but the candle wasn't lit and it wouldn't make sense for him to throw a match in my daughter's garbage, he has his own garbage. 
C'mon mang

I'm curious:

I can totally buy that a candle could cover up most all odors from vaping. Do they have candles strong enough to drown out tobacco and cannabis odors?

Would just seem like tobacco would be all over their clothes and hair. Not sure that weed smell penetrates quite like that, but it is very pungent.

Probably not a doobie guys... pretty sure he would have smelled the pot. Not like it smells like a skunk walked through the room or anything.. 

I'm guessing it was related to supernatural powers most likely.

Probably not a doobie guys... pretty sure he would have smelled the pot. Not like it smells like a skunk walked through the room or anything.. 

I'm guessing it was related to supernatural powers most likely.
You thinking maybe one of his children, or maybe even a pet is a firestarter, like Drew Barrymore in that bad movie?

Foosball God said:
It was mostly just ashes, a roll of lifefsavers, and a melted pen ink cartridge.  Nothing the bank would want.  I already threw away the solid parts.
Dude, just consider yourself lucky. Imagine the destruction MacGyver could cause with a roll of lifesavers, a ballpoint pen cartridge and makeup remover.  It's a wonder the house is still standing. 

Nnext time smother with a comforter and run it not down the stairs but to the nearest shower.
Well the great thing is that the main bath is currently demolished because the toilet overflowed during the night on Halloween and it leaked through the floor into the kitchen and into the basement, so there wasn't a close bathroom I could use.

Well, first off, glad no major inuries or loss.  Quick thinking on your part and glad all is well.... 

From a "Chemical reaction" perspective, there are several things that could create "Oxidization / Reduction" issues to start a fire....  believer it or not, a Styrofoam cup can react with things like clorox wipes to start a fire.  These would mostly be consumed in the smoldering fire and leave little trace.  Pencil or makeup shavings could also ignite with a cleaner or clorox wipe.  There are several cleaning products that contain oxidizers and if wet enough or fresh liquid/cleaner, can start things to smolder... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?

Doesn't have to be weed.

Tell me, does he normally use candles in his room? Or is this a newfound love of scented wax?
A.) The candle wasn't lit, he has used one in the past occasionally but rarely.

B.) He had been home for maybe 15 minutes, could he have come home and immediately decided to toke up knowing I was downstairs and could come up at any moment, sure it is possible, but when I did barge into his room to see if he had lit a match he was sitting in his swing chair watching youTube on his phone.

C.) There was no evidence of any vaping materials in the garbage I dumped out.

D.) I'm very aware of what weed smells like.

I'm struggling to figure out what happened, but the narrative that my son came home started vaping or smoking a doob, decided he was done and threw away the doob or vape stuff into my daughter's garbage, of which there is no evidence at all,  within 15 minutes of getting home to be almost as implausible as spontaneous combustion.

I usually avoid these because they take forever in the oven will try and report back 
IMHO, works better if you just store the "frozen" hash browns in the fridge instead of the freezer. They won't go bad for a while.

Otherwise, you might have to toast them twice, or futz around with the microwave before toasting. With fridge storage, you just grab one or two and toast like you would toast sliced bread.

My son had been upstairs for maybe 5 minutes tops, in his room.
Any chance at all that one of your kids just plays around idly with matches or a lighter from time to time? Lighting scraps of paper on fire or anything like that? Maybe let some paper burn, blew it out but didn't notice a slightly smoldering section, thought the fire was totally out, and then put it in the trash can?

And I can't believe no one thought to ask -- do people in your household light a match** after using the bathroom?

** obligatory So I Married an Axe Murderer reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread