Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Foosball God

M.D.G.C.J.S.C.O.F. - A.K.A The Fire Thread (Henry Ford Suspects Meth, tennis balls no longer come in cans)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Foosball God said:

You think they conjure it up out of thin air?  What are you proposing started the fire?

I for one know it wasn't Billy Joel

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 6
  • Thinking 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, shuke said:

Dude, you said the ink cartridge was melted.  That takes direct flame.  Just talk to your son. He was probably trying something.  

Still trying to figure out what you guys are thinking happened besides "OMG HE'S VAPING!?!@?!?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

Vape does not smell like pot

People said doobie and vaping.  I was talking about the doobie part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Foosball God said:

Still trying to figure out what you guys are thinking happened besides "OMG HE'S VAPING!?!@?!?"

Holding the ink cartridge over the candle in his room, just to see if it would melt, because he's a normal, dumb boy. Threw it away, not realizing it was still smoldering, in his sister's trash can to hide it. Took a few minutes to ignite, and by then the candle was already out in his room and wasn't lit long enough to have been obviously recently lit.

This is like an Encyclopedia Brown story! I'm here for it. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think people are getting overly caught up in the candle thing.  It wasn't lit, he had burned it over night previously.  It isn't some new found love or some constant thing he is doing just suddenly.  Someone tell me a plausible vaping scenario where he was doing that and it caused my daughter's garbage to catch fire and leave no evidence of any vaping paraphernalia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Foosball God said:

I also think people are getting overly caught up in the candle thing.  It wasn't lit, he had burned it over night previously.  It isn't some new found love or some constant thing he is doing just suddenly.  Someone tell me a plausible vaping scenario where he was doing that and it caused my daughter's garbage to catch fire and leave no evidence of any vaping paraphernalia.

The candle just tells me he's like a lot of young boys who like to burn things.  It's circumstantial evidence. :lol:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheIronSheik said:

The candle just tells me he's like a lot of young boys who like to burn things.  It's circumstantial evidence. :lol:

Right, the candle isn't the only source of flame he could have been messing around with to melt the ink cartridge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foos, it's clear that your son has been recruited by the local Soviet sleeper cell.  Get him into witness protection for deprogramming and relocation STAT or you'll lose him behind the Iron Curtain before you know what hits you.

  • Laughing 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

I also think people are getting overly caught up in the candle thing.  It wasn't lit, he had burned it over night previously.  It isn't some new found love or some constant thing he is doing just suddenly.  

Let me remind you of a previous post from @Foosball God:

Foosball God said: 

He's been using a candle in his room the past week 

 

Sounds like it was a recent development a couple of days ago according to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Noid said:

Holding the ink cartridge over the candle in his room, just to see if it would melt, because he's a normal, dumb boy. Threw it away, not realizing it was still smoldering, in his sister's trash can to hide it. Took a few minutes to ignite, and by then the candle was already out in his room and wasn't lit long enough to have been obviously recently lit.

This is like an Encyclopedia Brown story! I'm here for it. 

lol I was gonna say look at Encyclopedia Brown over here then I saw you already dropped the reference 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

The only time I ever lit a candle as a teenager was to hide the smell of something from my parents

Or covering up the smell of farts if a girl was coming over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offer both of them full immunity to fess up, if they know, in the interest of making sure the house is safe versus there being an unknown fire risk somewhere/somehow. No punishment or repercussions other than they know not to do whatever it was again, where all bets will be off.  

They are already off scott-free now, and you don't know what happened. Might as well let them off the hook and have the peace of mind of knowing what happened.

ETA: throw in the bluff that if you don't figure out what happened, you'll probably have to call tie fire department to do a check and a trained professional might figure it out and have it come back on one of them, which will mean trouble. 

Edited by The Noid
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Beef Ravioli said:

Let me remind you of a previous post from @Foosball God:

Foosball God said: 

He's been using a candle in his room the past week 

 

Sounds like it was a recent development a couple of days ago according to you.

One day actually, he had it in his room the other night.  It had been out in the kitchen, my wife lit it earlier in the week.  I get it, and if this becomes a regular thing I'll be more suspicious (the candle thing, not the burning garbage). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Foosball God said:

One day actually, he had it in his room the other night.  It had been out in the kitchen, my wife lit it earlier in the week.  I get it, and if this becomes a regular thing I'll be more suspicious (the candle thing, not the burning garbage). 

No problem good buddy. I’m sure your kids are great kids!
 

I do think there is enough “smoke” that you should push things a bit on your son. I have a nephew that took up an  “Interest” in candles. After some time, it came out he also had developed a strong liking with weed at the same time. Parents (all of us) were really surprised. Great kid and still is but he definitely has some issues that by the time his parents found out were pretty bad! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My kids light candles all the time. They've inherited an addiction to them, as well as those little little wax melter things from their mother, IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Also a good opportunity to teach them about the Prisoners Dilemma 

Literal LOL at this. I'm still imagining Foos and Mrs Foos using this combined with a little good cop/bad cop in my head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, The Noid said:

Offer both of them full immunity to fess up, if they know, in the interest of making sure the house is safe versus there being an unknown fire risk somewhere/somehow. No punishment or repercussions other than they know not to do whatever it was again, where all bets will be off.  

They are already off scott-free now, and you don't know what happened. Might as well let them off the hook and have the peace of mind of knowing what happened.

ETA: throw in the bluff that if you don't figure out what happened, you'll probably have to call tie fire department to do a check and a trained professional might figure it out and have it come back on one of them, which will mean trouble. 

No way some kid is going to fess up to, say, smoking crack in his bedroom and think he's getting away with no repercussions 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Iguana said:

My kids light candles all the time. They've inherited an addiction to them, as well as those little little wax melter things from their mother, IMO. 

Your kids are girls!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Foosball God said:

Still trying to figure out what you guys are thinking happened besides "OMG HE'S VAPING!?!@?!?"

I'm not convinced he was vaping, just trying to point out he may have been - the lack of smell doesn't eliminate the possibility. I am convinced he caused the fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they have wood matches for the candles by any chance? 

You can light a wood match, blow it out, throw it in trash and it could catch fire three hours later. Especially with anything isopropyl  or acetone soaked in there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured it out. Your son had a girl over. He had to fart. Goes into your daughters room, rips one. Lights a match throws it in the trash. Goes back to gettin some mclovin. Fire starts, girl hides in the closet, kid says he has no idea, sneaks the girl out when the coast is clear.

If I have seen it once, I have seen it 1000 times. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, parasaurolophus said:

Do they have wood matches for the candles by any chance? 

You can light a wood match, blow it out, throw it in trash and it could catch fire three hours later. Especially with anything isopropyl  or acetone soaked in there. 

No, we have those click wand lighter things, and there wasn't one in his room, or hers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foosball God said:

One day actually, he had it in his room the other night.  It had been out in the kitchen, my wife lit it earlier in the week.  I get it, and if this becomes a regular thing I'll be more suspicious (the candle thing, not the burning garbage). 

You wouldn't be suspicious of regular burning garbage?  That, in itself, seems suspicious.   Did you, or one of your alters, perhaps set the fire?  😮 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, shuke said:

It takes me 40 seconds to get high.  

How long after does your garbage can ignite?

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boots11234 said:

You smell plastic burning?  Kid watching pron, wearing a condom and not using lube.  Poof!

And they never see it coming because it's making them go blind.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Noid said:

Offer both of them full immunity to fess up, if they know, in the interest of making sure the house is safe versus there being an unknown fire risk somewhere/somehow. No punishment or repercussions other than they know not to do whatever it was again, where all bets will be off.  

They are already off scott-free now, and you don't know what happened. Might as well let them off the hook and have the peace of mind of knowing what happened.

ETA: throw in the bluff that if you don't figure out what happened, you'll probably have to call tie fire department to do a check and a trained professional might figure it out and have it come back on one of them, which will mean trouble. 

Fake investigation threats work. I know from threatening to call the feds to fingerprint the fire alarm that was pulled falsely in my college dorm. Drunk football player was wiping his prints off it 20 minutes later. Dumba$s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

by every chance do you have a dog? this happen to us a few years back. I was makin swedished meatballs (they is jimmy favorite) and while they was cookin he tail was waggin so fast (and rubbin against chopsticks). it make a spark and landed right in a pile of silly string (we just had a fight). next thing you know teh table was on fire. lucky for us that lubert got me a fire stingwisher for halloween. could have been real bad. maybe you son was holding up taffy over he head and you dog tail was goin crazy. i don't know but maybe

kurt

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 7
  • Laughing 15
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, belljr said:

I for one know it wasn't Billy Joel

I reacted with a Sad emoji, just so you could "hit for the cycle" with this post, if you know what I mean

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 3:05 PM, Foosball God said:

One day actually, he had it in his room the other night.  It had been out in the kitchen, my wife lit it earlier in the week.  I get it, and if this becomes a regular thing I'll be more suspicious (the candle thing, not the burning garbage). 

if it becomes a regular thing would you please for the love of the big kahuna up in the sky from down under post a picture of the trash so that we can solve this riddel take that to the ban bromigo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SWC said:

if it becomes a regular thing would you please for the love of the big kahuna up in the sky from down under post a picture of the trash so that we can solve this riddel take that to the ban bromigo

Sorry GB, I had thrown the little pieces away in a larger can with other stuff in it already so I couldn't take a picture of the garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New theory I'm working on: This thread is intended to play the part of some kind of exonerating evidence that Foosball God can point to later when he's accused of starting the fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Foosball God said:

Sorry GB, I had thrown the little pieces away in a larger can with other stuff in it already so I couldn't take a picture of the garbage.

you should just take a picture of that larger garbage and we will figure it out trust me brohans we are the sharlock homes of trash detectivin up in here take that to the bank bromigo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Worm said:

We didn't start the fire

That joke was funny ON Friday

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, belljr said:

That joke was funny ON Friday

:P

It was always burning

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 5:42 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

My room smelled like ### and feet for a decade, and even when girls started coming over I never once considered lighting a candle.

a decade* 

 

 

 

*give or take 35 years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 1:25 PM, The Noid said:

Holding the ink cartridge over the candle in his room, just to see if it would melt, because he's a normal, dumb boy. Threw it away, not realizing it was still smoldering, in his sister's trash can to hide it. Took a few minutes to ignite, and by then the candle was already out in his room and wasn't lit long enough to have been obviously recently lit.

This is like an Encyclopedia Brown story! I'm here for it. 

@Encyclopedia Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 6:51 PM, boots11234 said:

You smell plastic burning?  Kid watching pron, wearing a condom and not using lube.  Poof!

Hold up, how'd that start the fire in his sister's bedroom?  :unsure: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2019 at 2:22 PM, Foosball God said:

Still trying to figure out what you guys are thinking happened besides "OMG HE'S VAPING!?!@?!?"

Vape pens have a button you push which heats up an element. The vape pen was probably harmlessly in the garbage for some time when someone either threw something in the garbage (or moved the garbage can in such a way) that it caused the button to be depressed, heated up the element, and ignited whatever it was in contact with. 

He or she didnt have to be recently vaping for this to happen. It's really the only explanation I can think of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.