What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade 1st round pick (rookie) for Mack? (1 Viewer)

Trade 1st round pick (rookie) for Mack?

• Keep pick ($13 4 year deal) Potential Stud

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Take the deal ($4 this year, $9 next year) Marlon Mack

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jtbreidert

Footballguy
Ok, this is a PPR keeper league with salary cap.  1st round rookies get cheap contracts for 4 years. There is no guarantee where I'll end up drafting, since I am middle of the pack right now (5-5, tied for 6th out of 12 teams). I've been offered Marlon Mack for my first round rookie. Mack's contract is $4 and expires this year, so I would have to franchise tag him to keep him, increasing his salary to $9 for one year. That's still a bargain (total cap is $150), but I could have the next Saquon Barkley at $13 for 4 years, if I get the first or second pick in the lottery. So it's a certain starting top 20 RB for 2 years or a potential stud rookie for 4. Thoughts?

This all depends on what it does for your chances to win this year.  If you are out of it and probably don't have a chance I would much rather keep the pick.  If this piece puts you over the top then I would do it.  I personally woudn't think Mack would put you over the top. 

Next year has so much talent I'd be looking to collect, no trade away, 1st (and 2nd) round rookie picks.  If I was selling, I'd want more than Mack.

I'd keep the pick.

Please give a hand with my roster question.  Thanks! 👊

Users who are viewing this thread