What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Help (1 Viewer)

royaloats

Footballguy
Need some advice in a standard scoring keeper league. 

He's offered Melvin and Hunter for Josh Jacobs and Fells.  I think that's solid but I love Jacobs playoff schedule. 

Thoughts? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacobs is RB7  in keeper.  (Barkley, McCaffery, Elliott, Cook, Chubb, Kamara,) Jacobs is also ranked 15ht overall. 

GordonIII is RB12  (behind Bell, fournette, Gurley, Mixon and above names).  Also you don't know his team for next year. Likely different situation. Gordon ranked 30th overall.  

Hunter Henry: Overall 77,  TE9.  That seems like a low ranking but  Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, Hooper, Waller, Hockenson, Andrews, Engram all names mentioned. I like Henry and own him in Dynasty. He does well. He's got upside at 9 but is he OAK RB workhorse quality? 

Fells is not rated but he's getting TDs. He's a project, basketball convert. He's got upside. I've heard he's got Michael Jordan athletic ability/work ethic. Let's hope he's a better baseball player than Jordan. I'd say don't do it.  I don't know your team, league settings etc so take it with a grain of salt. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/781962-dynasty-2qb-targets-drops-pettis-c-kelly/

What are the keeper costs (round lost, salary  cap, lenght you are able to keep, etc)?  This info is necessary to make an informed recommendation.

Do you have a shot to win this year?  Does this trade put you over the top in your chance to win this year?  If no to either of these then which side helps your long term outlook?

A lot of missing info to make a quality recommendation.

Thank you for this response!  Really helpful. Great detail and puts a lot in perspective (especially Gordon's uncertainty for the future).  Standard scoring, 10-team.  2-keeper (other keeper will be Zeke) - not affected by round and can be kept indefinitely, just takes place of first two picks in the future draft.   

I'm currently in 3rd place, so going for it all. 

My roster (had some luck with some early season buy lows/sell highs):

QB: Watson, Foles

RB: Zeke, DJ, Jacobs, RoJo, AP

WR: Cooper, Nuk, Woods, Devante

TE: Everett, Fells

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 1 RB/WR, 3 WR, 1 TE

Potential trade partner has the best-ever last-place team, who happens to be a big Raiders fan: 

QB: Wilson, Carr

RB: Kamara, Bell, Gordon, Coleman, Malcom Brown

WR: Thielen, Edelman, Moore, Tyrell, Landry

TE: Waller, Henry

Jacobs is RB7  in keeper.  (Barkley, McCaffery, Elliott, Cook, Chubb, Kamara,) Jacobs is also ranked 15ht overall. 

GordonIII is RB12  (behind Bell, fournette, Gurley, Mixon and above names).  Also you don't know his team for next year. Likely different situation. Gordon ranked 30th overall.  

Hunter Henry: Overall 77,  TE9.  That seems like a low ranking but  Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, Hooper, Waller, Hockenson, Andrews, Engram all names mentioned. I like Henry and own him in Dynasty. He does well. He's got upside at 9 but is he OAK RB workhorse quality? 

Fells is not rated but he's getting TDs. He's a project, basketball convert. He's got upside. I've heard he's got Michael Jordan athletic ability/work ethic. Let's hope he's a better baseball player than Jordan. I'd say don't do it.  I don't know your team, league settings etc so take it with a grain of salt. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/781962-dynasty-2qb-targets-drops-pettis-c-kelly/

This deal is a NO for me.   You upgrade TE but downgrade RB and DJ isn't looking healthy. If you're not in PPR then DJ not as solid. 

Look at Historical RZ Stats, Targets for teams in FBGs. Look for TE RZ Hogs. You'll probably find Fells and Hollister in the recent weeks category.  

FANT is another TE to look for coming off BYE. He's explosive and capable of scoring from anywhere. I also like Goedert, IrvSmith JR....maybe Knox and some others. 

If He wants to offer KAMARA that might be different.  I think you're fine with ROJO also.  Don't do the deal.  

Thank you for this response!  Really helpful. Great detail and puts a lot in perspective (especially Gordon's uncertainty for the future).  Standard scoring, 10-team.  2-keeper (other keeper will be Zeke) - not affected by round and can be kept indefinitely, just takes place of first two picks in the future draft.   

I'm currently in 3rd place, so going for it all. 

My roster (had some luck with some early season buy lows/sell highs):

QB: Watson, Foles

RB: Zeke, DJ, Jacobs, RoJo, AP

WR: Cooper, Nuk, Woods, Devante

TE: Everett, Fells

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 1 RB/WR, 3 WR, 1 TE

Potential trade partner has the best-ever last-place team, who happens to be a big Raiders fan: 

QB: Wilson, Carr

RB: Kamara, Bell, Gordon, Coleman, Malcom Brown

WR: Thielen, Edelman, Moore, Tyrell, Landry

TE: Waller, Henry
So the cost is a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick.  Do you have to keep two players?  I am assuming that you do not have to keep two players.

Based on that I would much rather have Jacobs over Gordon.  He is better this year and is the better longer team keeper although in most instances I would be keeping Zeke and Hopkins so that keeper aspect doesn't really factor at this point.  That means this year is more of a factor and that gives the nod to Jacobs significantly for me.  San Diego (the Chargers will always be SD to me) is going in the crapper and it will hurt Gordon moving forward. 

No trade for me.

Users who are viewing this thread