What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dognerds: Pick the Otis family dog breed (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Let me start with #nopitbulls

Our girls are young and love dogs and we are considering further complicating our lives with a dumb animal.  We’ve decided we don’t want something that sheds hair all over our crap or that leaves our house smelling like a barn, so we want something that doesn’t shed and is hypoallergenic. Otis prefers a bigger dog. 

Mrs. O seems set on a labradoodle, but is willing to do one of the bigger ones. I may be OK with that, but I’m also interested in a mountain cur or an Italian greyhound. 

Thoguhts/ recommendations?  Requirements are we don’t want hair all over the place and don’t want the place to smell like ###, something good for a family and kids, and (for Otis), a breed that is hypoallergenic, and something that isn’t small and totally lame (I had a west highland terrier growing up). 

TIA 

Last edited by a moderator:
Or Australian Shepherd...very trendy on the city now, which will appeal to dad, and very smart, cut and loyal, which will appeal to the rest of the family.

I got this guys.

Oats, you want an Entlebucher.  They're basically the Jeep of dogs; super expensive even though they probably shouldn't be, but everyone will look at you if you own one.

(They are pretty awesome dogs though.)

If I had my choice I would get a blue German shepherd. They’re awesome and somewhat rare and great dogs. But Mrs. O is against it. 

If I had my choice I would get a blue German shepherd. They’re awesome and somewhat rare and great dogs. But Mrs. O is against it. 
Shepherds are great family dogs, but your kids' friends who aren't dog people might get the stink eye.

Obligatory: Ovcharka

Pros: They will murder pitbulls

Cons: They're loyal to Russian mobsters wearing track suits

I wish you would get a pitbull simply for the likliehood that it would treat you like an enemy anytime you went near your daughter's rooms.  Not sure how young your daughters are, but if they're approaching 8 or 9-ish, consider a pitbull.  They are ####### awesome dogs! 

Bichon frise. They are great dogs; playful, calm, great with kids, low maintenance other than needing to be groomed/brushed. IG’s are fragile and risk takers. Think jumping off a couch and breaking legs. We had a bichon growing up, and my wife got one when we were dating. I looked into IG’s and decided against the breed (no offense to anyone).

My daughter and I are allergic to dogs, we weren’t allergic to our bichon, but both are to our neighbors labradoodle. 

We have a schnauzer and he doesn't shed.  He's a great dog but is small so he doesn't fit the bill for Oats.   Get a golden doodle or labradoodle.   They are great family dogs.   

Users who are viewing this thread