What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 11* (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Williams or Jordan Wilkins(if available) for those that need RB help with Mack’s broken hand 

Personally I’m shooting for Tim Patrick, he looked good his first game back and I need WR help badly. 

edited to add Jeff Driskel for those that need qb help and may not have much on the wire. He’s had two good starts and sounds like Stafford could now miss up to a month and a half. 

Last edited by a moderator:
fantasycurse42 said:
Need to figure out which Colt RB is more valuable. 

After yesterday I am tempted to say Williams has to get the first crack at the job.

However Wilkins has performed well since last year and probably has more of a three down skillset than Williams.

My guess is Wilkins gets the start sees most of the early down work and catches some passes. Williams will spell and every 3rd/4th series and vulture TDs. Hines role is probably unchanged.

John Ross if he was dropped. 

Cameron Brate

Brian Hill if he gets dropped. Volume is king. 
Regarding Hill I may have to start him due to byes.

And agree that volume is key. 

So many runs for 1 yard.

He did get a td called back due to holding, so maybe we can hope and cross our fingers that he had some first start jitters.

Full discourse I didn’t get to watch the game, just the ugly stat line.

If Freeman comes back he’s not startable though.

Sterling Shepard practiced today. Was getting nearly 9 targets a game and still did in years first game back after suspension

Sterling Shepard practiced today. Was getting nearly 9 targets a game and still did in years first game back after suspension
Sterling Shepard was never suspended that I’m aware of. Thinking that maybe you are thinking of Tate

Tate was suspended. They had 1 game together in that game Shepard out targeted Tate 9 to 6
Correct Tate was suspended that’s what I stated. Your comment said Shepard was suspended but I think where you said years first game back you meant to put Tate. I understand what you were trying to say now I believe.  

Patrick Laird, dolphin 3rd down back. He looked good in the preseason. This would be a desperation bye week filler.

So is it Wilkens or Willams in INDY?  Wilkens now listed as Questionable....all things being equal and @ 100% health, who's the guy in INDY?

Somewhat of a tough week to really figure out who to target, but I'll try to do my best:

QB's:

• Foles - Didn't look too rusty, if still out there and you need a bye week fill in, he's a pretty good option
  • Daniel Jones - off the bye and while he'll be playing Chicago this week, he has some decent matchups the rest of the way (GB, PHI, MIA, WAS)
  • Mayfield - he's still out there in a number of my leagues and while he's still gonna throw those INT's, he has some nice matchups the rest of the way

RB's:

• Jaylen Samuels (if dropped) - who knows what's going on with Conner, but at the very least he's a decent ppr flex
  • Gus Edwards - looks to be the clear "handcuff" to Ingram, but has standalone value; especially if BAL goes up big again and he gets garbage time 
  • Jonathan Williams / Jordan Wilkins (somewhat Hines too) - I personally feel that Williams is the add this week and Wilkins still isn't 100% healthy and they have TNF this week. Hines could be a decent Flex in PPR down the stretch too
  • Darrell Williams - ?? I have no idea what's going on in this backfield, but if you have a free roster spot, he might bet he last RB standing in KC
  • Derrius Guice - most likely owned already, but if not, a priority add IMO
  • Bo Scarbrough - finally... the go-to RB in DET (slight sarcasm - but still worth the add)
  • Patrick Laird - no more Walton on the team and Ballage is Ballage
The Premium Handcuffs (again from last week):

• Armstead - Fournette has been a bellcow in JAX, but is a Fournette injury away from RB2 status
  • Pollard  - clear backup to Zeke & looked really good last week even with a healthy Zeke
  • A. Mattison - could be a RB1 if Cook goes down (Likely owned in all leagues already)
  • Bonnafon - see above...with slightly less upside than Mattison

WR's:

• Darius Slayton - off the bye week (so likely not added in many leagues due to no game in week 11), looks to be a big part of an offense that looks to be playing from behind a lot
  • James Washington - great matchup & who else is there to throw to in PIT??
  • Randall Cobb - Cooper still banged up and Dak is killin it. If you're looking for a immediate starter this week with a decent upside, he'd be my #1 WR Target
  • J. Gordon - still not sold, but could still be worth a flyer with the good landing spot in SEA (Lockett being back hurts his value a bit)
  • Josh Reynolds - Cooks still not back, & is at least a viable option in the LAR pass game
  • N'Keal Harry - NE hasn't had that big WR/ TE to help in the Red Zone and they DID use a 1st round pick on him...
  • Kentrick Bourne - has he really scored in 3 straight weeks???
  • Hunter Renfrow - PPR target

TE's:

• Goedert - already owned in all my leagues, but if he's available, he'd be my #1 TE to add and could have top 10 TE value for the ROS
  • Ryan Griffin - no more Herndon & has been getting a lot of targets from Darnold
  • Noah Fant - has been good with Allen at QB and I'd say he'll continue to have a decently high "TE-floor".
  • Jacob Hollister - might not have been added due to having a bye last week. looking like that Dissley fill-in and has been pretty darn good 

Defense:

• PIT - likely owned, but if not I'd try to get. great matchups the ROS (CIN, CLE, ARI, BUF, NYJ)
  • CLE - playing MIA this week 

My drops for the week in order to make room for the above:

• David Johnson - let him be a roster-suck on someone else's team
  • Adrian Peterson - with Guice back, old man Peterson isn't really gonna do much
  • Duke Johnson - I'd rather drop him for one of the upside RB's listed above. 
  • Ty Johnson - removed from concussion protocol, but Bo is the guy in DET....if not already dropped... can be dropped now
  • Matt Breida - I personally wasted a waiver claim on him, but the guy is NEVER healthy... safe to cut
  • Brian Hill - if in a bind with injuries/ byes, I could see dropping. He's still a "Hold" for me, but I will not be starting him again this week
  • Dorsett - Sanu + Harry = Dorsett not really a viable option
  • Robbie Anderson - got a TD last week, but aside from that had a total of 6 yards.... 6! he can be dropped
  • Zach Pascal - might be the WR1 on the team, but i just don't see him being a regular contributor for the ROS
  • Sammy Watkins - Hill goes down again early and Watkins still does nothing...
  • AJ Green - would you come back to play for this team if you were him???
  • Mike Williams - on a bye this week. Hasn't really done much when he actually has a game. Has Rivers as his QB = drop
  • Stafford - likely out the rest of the fantasy season
  • OJ Howard - he has been TERRIBLE all year. If somehow he's still owned, can be happily kicked to the curb

As always, I'm 100% confident there's both "adds" & "drops" that I've overlooked, but hopefully this helps get things started.

Somewhat of a tough week to really figure out who to target, but I'll try to do my best:

QB's:

• Foles - Didn't look too rusty, if still out there and you need a bye week fill in, he's a pretty good option
  • Daniel Jones - off the bye and while he'll be playing Chicago this week, he has some decent matchups the rest of the way (GB, PHI, MIA, WAS)
  • Mayfield - he's still out there in a number of my leagues and while he's still gonna throw those INT's, he has some nice matchups the rest of the way

RB's:

• Jaylen Samuels (if dropped) - who knows what's going on with Conner, but at the very least he's a decent ppr flex
  • Gus Edwards - looks to be the clear "handcuff" to Ingram, but has standalone value; especially if BAL goes up big again and he gets garbage time 
  • Jonathan Williams / Jordan Wilkins (somewhat Hines too) - I personally feel that Williams is the add this week and Wilkins still isn't 100% healthy and they have TNF this week. Hines could be a decent Flex in PPR down the stretch too
  • Darrell Williams - ?? I have no idea what's going on in this backfield, but if you have a free roster spot, he might bet he last RB standing in KC
  • Bo Scarbrough - finally... the go-to RB in DET (slight sarcasm - but still worth the add)

• Armstead - Fournette has been a bellcow in JAX, but is a Fournette injury away from RB2 status
  • Pollard  - clear backup to Zeke & looked really good last week even with a healthy Zeke
  • A. Mattison - could be a RB1 if Cook goes down (Likely owned in all leagues already)

WR's:

• Darius Slayton - off the bye week (so likely not added in many leagues due to no game in week 11), looks to be a big part of an offense that looks to be playing from behind a lot
  • Randall Cobb - Cooper still banged up and Dak is killin it. If you're looking for a immediate starter this week with a decent upside, he'd be my #1 WR Target
  • J. Gordon - still not sold, but could still be worth a flyer with the good landing spot in SEA (Lockett being back hurts his value a bit)
  • Josh Reynolds - Cooks still not back, & is at least a viable option in the LAR pass game
  • N'Keal Harry - NE hasn't had that big WR/ TE to help in the Red Zone and they DID use a 1st round pick on him...

TE's:

• Goedert - already owned in all my leagues, but if he's available, he'd be my #1 TE to add and could have top 10 TE value for the ROS
  • Ryan Griffin - no more Herndon & has been getting a lot of targets from Darnold
  • Noah Fant - has been good with Allen at QB and I'd say he'll continue to have a decently high "TE-floor".
  • Jacob Hollister - might not have been added due to having a bye last week. looking like that Dissley fill-in and has been pretty darn good 

Defense:

• PIT - likely owned, but if not I'd try to get. great matchups the ROS (CIN, CLE, ARI, BUF, NYJ)

• Adrian Peterson - with Guice back, old man Peterson isn't really gonna do much
  • Ty Johnson - removed from concussion protocol, but Bo is the guy in DET....if not already dropped... can be dropped now
  • Matt Breida - I personally wasted a waiver claim on him, but the guy is NEVER healthy... safe to cut
  • Brian Hill - if in a bind with injuries/ byes, I could see dropping. He's still a "Hold" for me, but I will not be starting him again this week
  • Robbie Anderson - got a TD last week, but aside from that had a total of 6 yards.... 6! he can be dropped
  • Zach Pascal - might be the WR1 on the team, but i just don't see him being a regular contributor for the ROS
  • Mike Williams - on a bye this week. Hasn't really done much when he actually has a game. Has Rivers as his QB = drop
  • OJ Howard - he has been TERRIBLE all year. If somehow he's still owned, can be happily kicked to the curb

As always, I'm 100% confident there's both "adds" & "drops" that I've overlooked, but hopefully this helps get things started.
Great list as always. The suggestion of dropping Sammy is a reminder that guys like Mecole Hardman (if available) might be a target. Even Pringle or Demarcus Robinson might have speculative value in deeper leagues/for desperation.

QB's:

RB's:

WR's:

TE's:

Defense:

Great as always!! Really appreciate this every week as I look forward to it. One add I see though that I actually dropped this week is Josh Reynolds because McVay has said he expects Brandin Cooks to play this week. If by chance he doesn’t then totally agree with your whole list as usual. Great work!!

Great as always!! Really appreciate this every week as I look forward to it. One add I see though that I actually dropped this week is Josh Reynolds because McVay has said he expects Brandin Cooks to play this week. If by chance he doesn’t then totally agree with your whole list as usual. Great work!!
You are correct. At the time of writing this up, I honestly saw no way Cooks would be returning this week. But since then, I got the notification that Cooks is now expected to play...

If he does than Reynolds can be safely ignored. 

Out of the stable of workhorses in Detroit, who is your prime candidate for the ROS.  

Ty Johnson/McKissic or Bo Scarbrough?  I think it is safe to say Ty Johnson is the odd man out, because of the comparable skillset or lackof versus Bo.

Out of the stable of workhorses in Detroit, who is your prime candidate for the ROS.  

Ty Johnson/McKissic or Bo Scarbrough?  I think it is safe to say Ty Johnson is the odd man out, because of the comparable skillset or lackof versus Bo.
I don't think that's safe to say.  Until this week Johnson has been active and Scarbrough on the PS.  Must be a reason the coaches had them in that order.  Could easily revert once Johnson is healthy.

Regardless, it's a pretty clear "avoid" situation.

Are we really sure Bonnafon is the handcuff? 
No. I think Jordan Scarlett wasn't a threat, but Mike Davis is. I rank him behind Armstead (even though I think Ozigbo could steal time too). 

Guys like Pollard and Gus the Bus are the ones I am truly prioritizing ahead of Armstead and Ozigbo -- they have value as it stands right now even with the starter healthy.

I don't think that's safe to say.  Until this week Johnson has been active and Scarbrough on the PS.  Must be a reason the coaches had them in that order.  Could easily revert once Johnson is healthy.

Regardless, it's a pretty clear "avoid" situation.

Scarbrough was only added to the PS a couple weeks ago, and it didn't take him long to boot Perkins off the roster.  It's possible he's still ascending with them as he hasn't been there long, which would invalidate the "there must be a reason the coaches had them in that order" thing. He's very intriguing imo. Great college pedigree, poor draft pedigree, comp'd to Derrick Henry coming out but with some issues, and he looked good this weekend imo. 

Maybe I'm biased. I drafted him late in a devy draft years ago and picked him up for free in all my leagues before this weekend, right when I saw he was elevated from the PS, because I always thought he was talented.

Scarbrough was only added to the PS a couple weeks ago, and it didn't take him long to boot Perkins off the roster.  It's possible he's still ascending with them as he hasn't been there long, which would invalidate the "there must be a reason the coaches had them in that order" thing. He's very intriguing imo.
I think this is the potential and nothing from Ty Johnson has shown promise.  I believe he has elevated himself to the top of the depth chart and am considering dropping McKissic (who hasn't done a damn thing) for him. 

Scarbrough was only added to the PS a couple weeks ago, and it didn't take him long to boot Perkins off the roster.  It's possible he's still ascending with them as he hasn't been there long, which would invalidate the "there must be a reason the coaches had them in that order" thing. He's very intriguing imo. Great college pedigree, poor draft pedigree, comp'd to Derrick Henry coming out but with some issues, and he looked good this weekend imo. 

Maybe I'm biased. I drafted him late in a devy draft years ago and picked him up for free in all my leagues before this weekend, right when I saw he was elevated from the PS, because I always thought he was talented.
The phrase "safe to say" is what got me.  Nothing about the situation seems settled or clear.  I wouldn't assume anything, including that anyone in that backfield will return fantasy value.

The phrase "safe to say" is what got me.  Nothing about the situation seems settled or clear.  I wouldn't assume anything, including that anyone in that backfield will return fantasy value.

That's totally fair and I get why calling that "safe" would make you respond.

Similarly, I quoted you just to point out that Bo hasn't been on the roster long enough with Ty and McKissic to think that it matters that the past couple weeks they were active over him. I assume he had to learn the offense and prove himself a bit in practice, first. 

If anything the way he outsnapped, outproduced, and outplayed them in his first NFL game after a quick rise from the PS to the active roster makes him MORE intriguing. Basically, once the Lions got him in the building he has been on a quick, steep rise. 

QB's:

RB's:

WR's:

TE's:

Defense:

Really love these, appreciate the work

WR's:

List us great as usual. I'm desperate for WRs and the only guy left on the wire is Bourne. Eh.

I'm also thinking:

* R. Gage -- Hooper still out and TB is absolutely awful in the secondary.

* A. Lazard -- Tough matchup this week, but if this guy is now #2 with Rodgers the schedule gets better.

* N. Agholor -- Yeah this guy seems to frustrate, but when Alshon is out he gets heavily targeted. The matchup is there this week too. 

List us great as usual. I'm desperate for WRs and the only guy left on the wire is Bourne. Eh.

I'm also thinking:

* R. Gage -- Hooper still out and TB is absolutely awful in the secondary.

* A. Lazard -- Tough matchup this week, but if this guy is now #2 with Rodgers the schedule gets better.

* N. Agholor -- Yeah this guy seems to frustrate, but when Alshon is out he gets heavily targeted. The matchup is there this week too. 
Good adds. 

I view Gage and Agholor (higher ceiling) as now/short term need pickups and Lazard as a longer play with less chance of being useful this year but with a highest ceiling and very possible dynasty value.

Users who are viewing this thread