What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 11* (1 Viewer)

I’ve been waiting 2 weeks for this matchup against HOU for Pascal with 3 guys on bye. Am I crazy for not wanting to drop him after a bad game with Hoyer and a bad game with Brissett back where they ran all over the jags? I don’t have much FAAB left but I just need this one week fill and the last time Pascal played the Texans he blew up. They’ve got a good bit of their DBs hurt and unlikely to play. For just this week I feel like he’s gotta be a good play right?

I’ve been waiting 2 weeks for this matchup against HOU for Pascal with 3 guys on bye. Am I crazy for not wanting to drop him after a bad game with Hoyer and a bad game with Brissett back where they ran all over the jags? I don’t have much FAAB left but I just need this one week fill and the last time Pascal played the Texans he blew up. They’ve got a good bit of their DBs hurt and unlikely to play. For just this week I feel like he’s gotta be a good play right?
I'm starting him.

Think Pascal still led in targets and also had quite a bit on the air yards side. With or without TY, the matchup is undeniable.

That said, my other options are ugly: R. Anderson, R. Gage types.

David Njoku has been designated to return from IR.  He had 4-37-1 in Week 1.  He got hurt in Week 2.  He has a nice ROS schedule.  The only team he is going to face that has been effective at stopping tight ends is the Ravens in Week 16.  Here is a list of his remaining games and each teams rank for points allowed to tight ends:

Week 12    Dolphins       16th

Week 13   @Steelers      26th

Week 14     Bengals        19th

Week 15  @Cardinals     32nd

Week 16      Ravens         4th

Correct Tate was suspended that’s what I stated. Your comment said Shepard was suspended but I think where you said years first game back you meant to put Tate. I understand what you were trying to say now I believe.  
Damn autocorrect on my phone...yes years was Tate.

Any thoughts on Tim Patrick?  8 targets and 4 for 77 is nothing to sneeze at.  Gage needed to catch that f'n TD!!!!!

Maybe I'm nuts but I feel like the Damien Williams rib injury is being underestimated. Maybe McCoy and Darrel W are owned everywhere... but ribs are an extremely painful injury, it's not easy for a RB to overcome. The bye week might be affecting things, but owning a piece of that offense can be extremely valuable.

Maybe I'm nuts but I feel like the Damien Williams rib injury is being underestimated. Maybe McCoy and Darrel W are owned everywhere... but ribs are an extremely painful injury, it's not easy for a RB to overcome. The bye week might be affecting things, but owning a piece of that offense can be extremely valuable.
I have two of the three... I own the Williams'. If one is out, I'll put the other in and hope for some carries/catches. If all three are active, I play Damien. You'll have your good weeks and your bad.

The volume should be there but I don't have much faith.   Worth a shot for sure though. 
Curious why you think this?   I know Sutton has progressed a ton since last year but last year when Sutton and Patrick were both starting, Patrick outproduced Sutton.  I’m not expecting that to happen now but I think Patrick is being severely undervalued.  Especially if Denver ever gets a real QB. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I dropped him. He hasn’t done anything and now Ty is back. I just couldn’t picture a time I would be willing to start him. 

David Njoku has been designated to return from IR.  He had 4-37-1 in Week 1.  He got hurt in Week 2.  He has a nice ROS schedule.  The only team he is going to face that has been effective at stopping tight ends is the Ravens in Week 16.  Here is a list of his remaining games and each teams rank for points allowed to tight ends:

Week 12    Dolphins       16th

Week 13   @Steelers      26th

Week 14     Bengals        19th

Week 15  @Cardinals     32nd

Week 16      Ravens         4th
Tempting

Jaylen Samuels may be available after not taking advantage of the opportunity in Conner's absence.   If Conner's is out again, does the Bengals matchup make any difference?

Curious why you think this?   I know Sutton has progressed a ton since last year but last year when Sutton and Patrick were both starting, Patrick outproduced Sutton.  I’m not expecting that to happen now but I think Patrick is being severely undervalued.  Especially if Denver ever gets a real QB. 
Is Denver getting a real QB this season?  

DocHolliday said:
Is Denver getting a real QB this season?  
Probably not but some of us play Dynasty.  And Sutton isn’t doing too poorly this season.   No reason Patrick can’t.  

Loipz said:
I played him the last 2 wks

Dropped him last night for James Washington 

We really need a thread for dynasty leagues.  Some of these guys mentioned are obviously already on dynasty teams.
Having separate redraft and dynasty threads for WW pickups makes sense to me. Hard to start in the middle of a season though.

I played him the last 2 wks

Dropped him last night for James Washington 
I’ve been pondering the same thing but the last time steelers played the bengals they just ran wildcat and ran all over them. This time the bengals have a worse offense than even then with their QB situation and Auden Tate possibly hindered. I know someone’s gotta catch the ball but how many points do they even need to score to win against this hapless bengals team? 

I have Samuels and considering adding Snell with his full practice Wednesday. Tomlin sounds like he can’t wait for him to come back. Just not sure if who I have would be worth dropping for him, but for people that have room I’d recommend grabbing Snell. I have a feeling if he’s active he might get more play then Samuels. If my memory is correct he got more play before his knee injury when Conner was out then Samuels did and also Edmunds a couple weeks ago got more then Samuels. 

I have Samuels and considering adding Snell with his full practice Wednesday. Tomlin sounds like he can’t wait for him to come back. Just not sure if who I have would be worth dropping for him, but for people that have room I’d recommend grabbing Snell. I have a feeling if he’s active he might get more play then Samuels. If my memory is correct he got more play before his knee injury when Conner was out then Samuels did and also Edmunds a couple weeks ago got more then Samuels. 
I think they are seeing that Samuels is more of a receiving back than early down guy. I added Snell in case of injury and Conner is still out, and also he may have stand alone value.

I think they are seeing that Samuels is more of a receiving back than early down guy. I added Snell in case of injury and Conner is still out, and also he may have stand alone value.
Interesting as I made the opposite calculation and picked up Samuels over Snell. My thinking was that Samuels will have some value as a receiving back regardless of whether Conner or Snell gets the carries. Pittsburgh backup QBs have been check-down kings...I'm running Samuels out in my flex this week with Ekeler out. That said, you might be right!

[edited to add] oh, and Snell is coming back from injury so I'm not expecting a tremendously heavy workload.

Interesting as I made the opposite calculation and picked up Samuels over Snell. My thinking was that Samuels will have some value as a receiving back regardless of whether Conner or Snell gets the carries. Pittsburgh backup QBs have been check-down kings...I'm running Samuels out in my flex this week with Ekeler out. That said, you might be right!

[edited to add] oh, and Snell is coming back from injury so I'm not expecting a tremendously heavy workload.
Samuels in my league is taken. I do agree with you about being the receiving back, maybe even some with Conner healthy. Snell pick up may be a shot in the dark sort of thing, just a hunch that IF Conner is out, Snell could get work. I don't know that I'm playing him.

My other point was I don't think that Samuels was as important of a handcuff as others may have thought he may be since they seem to be using other guys to get carries more than we thought they might.

TE's:

• Ryan Griffin - no more Herndon & has been getting a lot of targets from Darnold
With Chris Herndon hitting injured reserve, Griffin is now the team's lead tight end. The role is already rewarding, as Griffin delivered his first career 100-yard game this past week in becoming the first Jets tight end with at least 100 receiving yards in a game since Dustin Keller in 2011. The Raiders have struggled in coverage against tight ends throughout the season, setting up Griffin as an ideal streaming option.
:thumbup:

Which streaking but barely proven TE who seems to have a huge opportunity should I be targeting, Hollister or Griffin?

Or is a lower ceiling guy like Jonnu, Brate or Witten more steady in terms of proven floor?

These are the decisions I am wrestling with. Thanks a ton, Engram.

I like hollister. Looked good Monday night, Dickson went back to IR and Russ has been throwing to the TE all season

Looking ahead to next week...pre-emptive stashes:

* L. McCoy & Darrell Williams vs OAK -- If D. Williams is still banged up, one if not both of these guys could prosper.

* A. Lazard vs NYG -- If he's #2, he gets a great matchup vs. Baker.

My guess is Wilkins gets the start sees most of the early down work and catches some passes. Williams will spell and every 3rd/4th series and vulture TDs. Hines role is probably unchanged.
So, yeah looks like I couldn't have beenore wrong about this.

Do we think Thursday is the reality going forward, as long as Mack is out? Or did Wilkins just need more time to get right?

Williams obviously got a ton of volume, and he was solid but not spectacular. Has he earned a Mackesque hammerlock on the primary RB duties? 

FTR I think Hines role remains static regardless of any of the other RBs status.

So, yeah looks like I couldn't have beenore wrong about this.

Do we think Thursday is the reality going forward, as long as Mack is out? Or did Wilkins just need more time to get right?

Williams obviously got a ton of volume, and he was solid but not spectacular. Has he earned a Mackesque hammerlock on the primary RB duties? 

FTR I think Hines role remains static regardless of any of the other RBs status.
I still think that Wilkins could take over starting duties if Mack is out for an extended period.  Wilkins only became healthy enough to be active after Mack was injured.  Suddenly his ankle had progressed faster than expected.  Wilkins is a warrior type that wouldn't hesitate to play through the pain of a bum ankle.  Winning against the Texans would have been massive so he was going play if needed.  Literally, the odds of the Colts getting to the playoffs would be double that the odds are now if they had won. 

Both Wilkins and Williams have been on the Colts since 2018.  Wilkins was the clearcut second stringer.  And Williams didn't do that great against the Texans.  He averaged 4.0 ypc behind a dominant offensive line against a defense that is below average against the run.  It's anyone's guess who will be the starter or if it will be a full timeshare when the fantasy playoffs come if Mack is still out.  The experts are speculating just like us.

I still think that Wilkins could take over starting duties if Mack is out for an extended period.  Wilkins only became healthy enough to be active after Mack was injured.  Suddenly his ankle had progressed faster than expected.  Wilkins is a warrior type that wouldn't hesitate to play through the pain of a bum ankle.  Winning against the Texans would have been massive so he was going play if needed.  Literally, the odds of the Colts getting to the playoffs would be double that the odds are now if they had won. 

Both Wilkins and Williams have been on the Colts since 2018.  Wilkins was the clearcut second stringer.  And Williams didn't do that great against the Texans.  He averaged 4.0 ypc behind a dominant offensive line against a defense that is below average against the run.  It's anyone's guess who will be the starter or if it will be a full timeshare when the fantasy playoffs come if Mack is still out.  The experts are speculating just like us.
Certainly possible that they could go to Wilkins, but I viewed Williams as one of the better players for the Colts on Thursday night. Their bigger problems were with the passing game. TY’s two critical drops, and Brisett in general, not being able to throw downfield at all, led to the loss.

I screwed up my Thursday decisions. With the news on Connor and Juju I'm going with Washington over Conley as the Flex in a couple leagues. Also Goedert in another where I already held him.

Users who are viewing this thread