What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriots vs Eagles - Week 11 (1 Viewer)

At this point the NFL should go to the college rules if you get called for targeting you get DQ'd I'd also suspend the guy for a game with a hefty fine Not saying that one was intentional by any means but I think the NFL needs to make sure what happened Thursday night doesn't happen again. I'm more so saying don't understand the rule. Guy targets a guy in College he's done for the game yet in the NFL its just a PF you stay in the game and a fine? 

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point the NFL should go to the college rules if you get called for targeting you get DQ'd I'd also suspend the guy for a game with a hefty fine Not saying that one was intentional by any means but I think the NFL needs to make sure what happened Thursday night doesn't happen again. 
You mean like when they threw the guy out for targeting?

Another winnable game pissed away by us this year. Absolutely frustrating. We did everything to lose this game where NE was just trying to find anything sensible on offense. 

I'm guessing this is the first game in a very long time that another Patriot had more TD passes than Brady.

You mean like when they threw the guy out for targeting?
No they usually haven't. It's just a Personal foul hitting a defenseless receiver. Should be DQ. I just don't think if the NFL really cares about safety (which we all know they don't but if they want to give off that look they do) they would be more consistent and not do stuff with the rules that shoot themselves in the foot. I just think it's incredible inconsistent how it's called and I think the rules should be any player hit in the head helmet either side of the ball they are thrown out of a game PF, fine plus a suspension for the next game as well. Browns defenders were targeting all game and only the one play on Johnson getting hurt was one player thrown out. More consistent and we probably don't have the Garret incident at the end of that game. 

offense deserves blame, but front office needs some too. team has injuries, need better depth on skill positions
:goodposting:

They've had all season to adjust to these injuries, if Hollins/Goedert/Agholar/JJAW etc can't step up and at least be serviceable at this point some staff positions need to be upgraded significantly. 

I'm starting to think Carson Wentz isn't anything special. He's not as bad as Winston or Mariota but I'm not seeing anything special either. 

I agree they are both garbage this year, but the length of time NE has had complete garbage to run through in their division is truly amazing would you agree?
This has been argued ad nauseam. The records for teams in the AFC East are clearly deflated by having to play NE twice a year. NE actually has a higher winning percentage outside of their division. Certainly there is no way to prove anything, but IMO NE would win 12 games a year no matter what division they were in. With NE winning so much, that just speeds the cycle of AFC East teams to replace coaches and QBs, which only continues to play into the Patriots hands to keep winning. 

This has been argued ad nauseam. The records for teams in the AFC East are clearly deflated by having to play NE twice a year. NE actually has a higher winning percentage outside of their division. Certainly there is no way to prove anything, but IMO NE would win 12 games a year no matter what division they were in. With NE winning so much, that just speeds the cycle of AFC East teams to replace coaches and QBs, which only continues to play into the Patriots hands to keep winning. 
but how can this be true? The league outside of the AFC East is so good tho.

I don't think anyone is surprised a Pats fan is going to claim this but to any unbiased fan I don't think there's any argument, the division includes 3 complete dumpster fires for over a decade plus. Very rare if not unprecedented. 

I'm starting to think Carson Wentz isn't anything special. He's not as bad as Winston or Mariota but I'm not seeing anything special either. 
I think its more mental with Carson at this point. Plus it's probably draining watching guys drop passes all year when they are on the money. Think he's trying to hard. I think we need a better OC and maybe QB coach too 

There's something special in there. We've seen it. I have to blame coaching and just tentativeness on his part. Hasn't been the same since coming back from the knee.

I don't think anyone is surprised a Pats fan is going to claim this but to any unbiased fan I don't think there's any argument, the division includes 3 complete dumpster fires for over a decade plus. Very rare if not unprecedented. 
Well for a bit in the early part at least Rex Ryan and the Jets were able to give them a bit of a competition. It's not like they laid down like everyone else in the division. Then after Rex left and the Revis stuff happened and their defensive talent went thin they became pretty bad 

So you'd agree that Dallas has that advantage now?

Pats make the playoffs automatically in the AFC East .... and everyone knows NE gets thru the playoffs each year with smoke and mirrors, lots of luck, and all the calls

NE over the past 8 years has had significantly more out of division wins the any team in the NFL. That’s not opinion, that’s a fact. I haven’t checked the team records going farther back than that. 

Is the AFC East a weak division? Yep. Does that help NE? Yep. But other teams have the same resources NE has to field a competitive team. But let’s not make them out to be good only because they play in the AFC East. 

Pats make the playoffs automatically in the AFC East .... and everyone knows NE gets thru the playoffs each year with smoke and mirrors, lots of luck, and all the calls
Don’t have to get defensive about it, the bolded is just the way it is. When is the last time another team in the division even made the playoffs, Rex Ryan days? It’s a pretty unique circumstance that’s all I was saying. 

I think its more mental with Carson at this point. Plus it's probably draining watching guys drop passes all year when they are on the money. Think he's trying to hard. I think we need a better OC and maybe QB coach too 
Better coaching would certainly help. 

There's something special in there. We've seen it. I have to blame coaching and just tentativeness on his part. Hasn't been the same since coming back from the knee.
Last season I didn't expect him to be 100% coming off the ACL but there's no excuse this season. He's different and I'm not sure if he's ever gonna be the same. 

Don’t have to get defensive about it, the bolded is just the way it is. When is the last time another team in the division even made the playoffs, Rex Ryan days? It’s a pretty unique circumstance that’s all I was saying. 
lol ... BUF last year?

Miami was also in the playoffs in Gase’s first season. Hard to believe, but it happened. Buffalo was two years ago. 

Last edited by a moderator:
But a lot of his passes are NOT on the money. Plus he holds the ball too long. The WRs are dropping balls, but Wentz has temporarily lost it this year. I don’t know what it is, maybe his confidence. But he is not near what we all thought he was. 

But a lot of his passes are NOT on the money. Plus he holds the ball too long. The WRs are dropping balls, but Wentz has temporarily lost it this year. I don’t know what it is, maybe his confidence. But he is not near what we all thought he was. 
Definitely more average then great this year. I think it's more about the rest of the team though. WRs definitely NOT getting much separation, and dropping too many balls. Feel like Carson is playing too tight, and not getting help when he needs it most. NOt worried long term

He’s no Dak that’s for sure. Sorry you guys paid him so much money. Kind of stuck with him. At least Foles won you that Super Bowl. That was quite unexpected. 

Users who are viewing this thread