Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Encumbrance

***Official*** Kansas City Chiefs vs. Los Angeles Chargers Thread

6 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I hate Andy Reid, and will never own another Reid rb

I feel ya.  Dealt with that nonsense for years back in the day.  I was really surprised how many peoplemreally didn't talk about that at all going into this year.  Maybe it's because he has tortured me so much over the years but I was not high on the chiefs backfield. 

Rivers doesn't throw the ball as much as he shotputs it now. I don't remember him throwing it that way 10 years ago but maybe I need to watch video.

21 minutes ago, renesauz said:

From the same source: "Even more remarkable is that kicks are being attempted from farther away now, too. In 1960, the average kick was from 30.9 yards away; the average successful kick was from 26.2 yards out, while the average miss was from 36.0 yards away. Well, in 2016, the average kick was from 37.7 yards away; the average successful kick was from 36.2 yards out — farther than the average miss in 1960! — while the average miss was from 46.2 yards away."

The big change came with Jan Stenerud and the soccer style kick.  Before that everybody kicked with their toe.  Kickers had a flat toe on the front of their shoe.

I think they could have called that a catch

2 minutes ago, themeistersinger said:

The big change came with Jan Stenerud and the soccer style kick.  Before that everybody kicked with their toe.  Kickers had a flat toe on the front of their shoe.

That one dude actually had half a foot (saints guy that had the record or so long). They used to think the flat approach was best.

Edited by Shutout

5 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Most people bailed out of the KC backfield a month ago.....

Then they missed out on Williams’ 16 n 20 the last 2 wks in ppr

2 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Rivers doesn't throw the ball as much as he shotputs it now. I don't remember him throwing it that way 10 years ago but maybe I need to watch video.

His throw always looked like that.  Only now he cant put anything on it and it looks even worse

8 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

It was funny when I started (at least to me) I see you guys take multilingualism in regards to waste pretty seriously.

Yes, I'm the one who is taking "multilingualism in regards to waste" seriously lol:

23 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

I can't think of a more bourgie way of saying garbage than using a foreign language for it.

13 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Nevermind then. You are likely less Bourgie than the podcaster I am referring to who also finds it necessary to use foreign words for the most mundane substance that no one else wants.

Good attempt at turning that around though, I'll admit

*sigh*

Actually pacing to lose all five of the games I had in question for tonight

• Sad 1

Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

Then they missed out on Williams’ 16 n 20 the last 2 wks in ppr

Yeah but it's not about those type of weeks.  It's about the fact that you have to play several weeks of playoffs and the odds are high that Reid screws you when you need him most somewhere in that mess.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

It was funny when I started (at least to me) I see you guys take multilingualism in regards to waste pretty seriously.

You know the game is in Mexico, right? 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yes, I'm the one who is taking "multilingualism in regards to waste" seriously lol:

Good attempt at turning that around though, I'll admit

In truth Frankman saying this is only the 2nd time I have heard anyone say this in the context of football and I do listen to people talk about football every day 

7 minutes ago, renesauz said:

*sigh*

Actually pacing to lose all five of the games I had in question for tonight

My mental powers have waned since my professional days.

I'll rework the incantations.

56 minutes ago, renesauz said:

Cant believe anyone ever thought Ekeler the better back

72 combined yards on only 7 touches so far. I’m not saying he’s the better back but the Chargers need to find some way to get the ball in his hands more often than they do.

Edited by Workhorse
  • Like 2

Can't believe LA has moved the ball so well and they're losing at the half... doesn't feel like KC is playing well.

Edited by The Frankman

KC might wanna cover the RBs once in a while

10 minutes ago, Workhorse said:

72 combined yards on only 7 touches so far. I’m not saying he’s the better back but the Chargers need to find some way to get the ball in his hands more often than they do.

9 for 106. They're both elite.

Look for the Chargers to make some adjustments after halftime ... mainly to Philip Rivers arm slot angle.

• Like 1

My wife after hearing the repetitive “WHOOP” from Bermin for the first time.  

“What the hell is he doing.  Sounds like a deranged bird”

Then she heard “DA RAIDEZ” for the first time and couldn’t understand what he was saying and thought he was having a stroke.  

She grew up in Australia and never experienced the Bermin before.  

• Laughing 3

Just now, mbrasi said:

My wife after hearing the repetitive “WHOOP” from Bermin for the first time.  

“What the hell is he doing.  Sounds like a deranged bird”

Then she heard “DA RAIDEZ” for the first time and couldn’t understand what he was saying and thought he was having a stroke.  

She grew up in Australia and never experienced the Bermin before.  

ESPN should be held criminally liable for exposing us to him every week. Cruel and unusual punishment.

Just now, ShamrockPride said:

:lmao: Here comes everybody saying Darrel HAS TO BE THE GUY NOW. Put him in your lineup next week, and have fun with your L.

RB1 ROS

• Laughing 1