Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Encumbrance

***Official*** Kansas City Chiefs vs. Los Angeles Chargers Thread

Just now, Biabreakable said:

Jackson and Teddy two of my favorite QB in the league right now.

Heh. I was an Oiler fan from mid-70's (Earl Campbell baby!) until Teddy went to the Vikings. I then jumped onto the Viking sled.

Mt teams now:

1) Ravens

2) Vikings (I still have Cook)

3) Titans

4) Saints (only if they keep TB - I'm not anyone's #####!)

Announcers should know better to say Chiefs called TO lol

They’ve traversed 15 yards in a minute during this 2 minute drill

That didn't deserve to happen... Rivers chucking it deep like every other play in triple coverage and he gets a prayer answered.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Laughing 1

Laughable defense by that DB.  And then just to double down on the horribleness they didn't bother to touch him down in bounds.

ETA: Actually he was clearly touched down in bounds.  Ruling him OOB there saves them like 20 seconds.  Ridiculous.

Edited by FreeBaGeL

They stopped the clock which means ref ruled Williams wasn’t down. If he hadn’t gone out he might have been able to score. 

Just now, FreeBaGeL said:

Laughable defense by that DB.  And then just to double down on the horribleness they didn't bother to touch him down in bounds.

Yeah he could have walked in if he didn’t touch the sideline there

Didn't think Rivers could throw it that far.

Williams was touched while in the air....clock should have kept rolling

3 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

LOL Rivers gonna find a way to screw this up.

ALL

ABOUT

THE

TIMING

:doh:

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 2

28/52 for 353 yards, 1 TD 4 INTS

schnikes... remember back in the day when you wouldn't even have the chance to throw 4 INTS, the coach would sit you? Now it feels like you have 1-2 QBs throw 4 weekly.

Edited by The Frankman

I seriously just won a non-decimal game by a point to stay in the playoff hunt in one league. 

He had McCoy and was starting him.  

Rawr.  

Edited by Encumbrance
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

LOL Rivers gonna find a way to screw this up.

And he does....

Throwing picks at the end of games is like Rivers' favorite hobby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EYLive said:

Throwing picks at the end of games is like Rivers' favorite hobby.

Hobby?

It is his profession.

Who will retire first? Phil, Ben or Eli?

3 minutes ago, Insein said:

Who will retire first? Phil, Ben or Eli?

It SHOULD be Eli. He ain't getting his job back. At least the other two's franchises don't have anybody of any significance as an alternative.

How long do I have to keep hearing about this HOF stuff with Rivers? He's been great for most of his career, but he's the definition of a compiler. No, it's not his fault that he's been on poorly constructed teams his whole career. But guys that never win anything but play forever need to be an important part of league history to make the HOF imo. And you don't need Rivers to tell the story of the NFL, unless you happen to mention him in regards to Eli #####ing his way to the Giants I guess. Rivers will fade into history even faster than McNabb did, and even if Rivers was a better QB, McNabb was similarly a face of the franchise QB for a long time, but at least he had a SB appearance. 

Rivers was never a top of the league QB his entire career despite some great statistical seasons, because he was unfortunate enough to play alongside even better, actual HOF-caliber QB's the entire time. Mostly in the same conference. It's not his fault, but that's how it goes. 

In the overall story of the NFL, Rivers is essentially a nobody who put up big stats on bad teams for a long time but was never special. He does not deserve the HOF. 

3 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

It SHOULD be Eli. He ain't getting his job back. At least the other two's franchises don't have anybody of any significance as an alternative.

Eli sitting all season and showing he's a helpful mentor will get him a job somewhere as a bridge guy, I bet. The NFL respects him enough to pay him to start, somewhere, for a while longer. Rivers wouldn't want to play anywhere else anyways, and seems like he's on the way out. 

Ben will probably be the last to retire unless he gets hurt again in preseason next year. He's the only one still playing at an elite level the last time we really saw him. 

thank god the one thing you can count on is Rivers being Rivers.....yeah he may pull a few out.....(not at home if you know what I mean)....but him running his mouth winning or losing during the game....and then when he loses being the ahhhh shucks I need to be better guy......would be getting old on me if I was  Charger fan.....while I'm sure he is a good family guy he has always seemed to be out of touch with the rest of the team.....they don't exactly rally to or for him...

IMO he is done.... I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last year.......his lack of arm strength can't hang in today's NFL....

9 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

thank god the one thing you can count on is Rivers being Rivers.....yeah he may pull a few out.....(not at home if you know what I mean)....but him running his mouth winning or losing during the game....and then when he loses being the ahhhh shucks I need to be better guy......would be getting old on me if I was  Charger fan.....while I'm sure he is a good family guy he has always seemed to be out of touch with the rest of the team.....they don't exactly rally to or for him...

IMO he is done.... I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last year.......his lack of arm strength can't hang in today's NFL....

Rivers cannot (will not?) scramble for 1st downs when needed and does not have the mentality or arm talent to win 100% from the pocket. He's finished.

One QB took what the defense gave them last night, the other lost patience and forced the issue downfield. Game.

18 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Horchata sales are brisk tonight

Vampire Weekend just got tickled red.