What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Great way to Troll your office (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
Someone just sent an email they thought was to HR asking about one of her subordinates and filling out his goals. The thing is she accidentally put the entire company email directory instead of just the HR one. 

So it starts with about 50-100 people saying wrong person. Then the next 200 or so emails are saying stop replying "wrong person". And then it's just a Cascade of people getting angry and replying to stop replying instead of doing so themselves. 

I can't help but sit back and laugh at the simple, inadvertant troll job that unfolded here. Even now people are still replying frantically to stop replying. 

Sorry had to share. Carry on.

Someone just sent an email they thought was to HR asking about one of her subordinates and filling out his goals. The thing is she accidentally put the entire company email directory instead of just the HR one. 

So it starts with about 50-100 people saying wrong person. Then the next 200 or so emails are saying stop replying "wrong person". And then it's just a Cascade of people getting angry and replying to stop replying instead of doing so themselves. 

I can't help but sit back and laugh at the simple, inadvertant troll job that unfolded here. Even now people are still replying frantically to stop replying. 

There is almost nothing greater than the person who replies all with the response, "Stop replying all!"

The only thing better is "Your an idiot" as a reply on an iFight.  

Happened a couple years ago at a company I worked for.  The first email was about a software program and went out to several thousand people.

The first reply to all was, 'I don't use this software, please take me off your list.'  My first thought was oh no.  :shock:   everyone else though they needed to reply the same.

i giggled my ### off and read every reply for 20 minutes until they had to shut down the email servers. 

I could probably get away with it once and then do another quick reply all to say sorry didn't realize just to keep the Cascade coming.

Yeah this happened to me like 12 years ago...at a company with about 40,000 employees.....

The "stop replying all" and "I think you have the wrong Sherri Williams" emails showed up in batches of 20 every 3 minutes for a few hours until IT turned off the servers.

For a 24 year old trainee who was semi bored with his job at the time, it made for a pretty fun morning.

I'm pretty convinced that when this happens, it's a test from management to find out who the morons are.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has happened twice in the last year at my company.  Luckily for us, we're a global company, so it lasted for a good 24 hours each time because as new time zones woke up and got to their emails, new waves would start again.  We started having fun with it, using at as an e-vite to a BBQ, a way to sell old junk, one guy used it to announce (fake? I dunno) his retirement, it was quite humorous.  Both times it happened I got over 1000 emails that day. 

Help a buddy add a few arrows to his quiver?  
Apologies for the SPAM but does anyone know the recipe for the chili from the company party last month?  I tried making it at home but it's just not the same.  Appreciate any responses! munga

Hi munga, that wasn't mine but I think they used grape jelly believe it or not! You can add a lot more heat because the jelly takes some of the bite out. I like to put carrots in mine for a healthier sweetness but it does the same thing.  Hope that helps, fred

Hi fred. I appreciate the fast response! Jelly sounds interesting.  I bet ít melts right into the broth.  I'd rather chug raw sewage than put carrots in chili though.  Might as well use kidney beans and shredded kraft singles. Regards, munga

Munga as you know one of our Core Values is Wellness. If you want to have a bowl of ground beef with jelly and hot peppers that's fine but some of us actually like the taste of vegetables, legumes, and healthy proteins like ground turkey or even tofu as part of a healthy lifestyle. Please try to be constructive and inclusive with your recipe recommendations. 

Hello Fredrick. As per my previous email please consider the all natural recipe suggestion i provided as an alternative to your chili with beans. 

And then when the reply alls stop, never email again.  

this came up at my office the other day. after just a few replies someone pointed out the "Ignore Conversation" feature in Outlook. godsend.

puts a stop to the flood of reply all's without having to do anything more than click a button.

ITs the best and worst when this thing happens....

It's like saying I didnt read what shuke said because I have shuke on ignore 

Last edited by a moderator:
ITs the best and worse when this thing happens....

HEY MORONS you replying to stop replying is not helping.

It's like saying I didnt read what shuke said because I have shuke on ignore 
When I worked at my last company, our building was kind of crappy with wiring or something.  So for the first year, the network would go offline for short periods during the workday.  And every time, when the network would come back online you could count on two emails to be waiting for you.  One that said the network was back up.  And one that was "sent" 15 minutes earlier saying the network was down and was being worked on.

My buddy and I would crack up that this idgit was trying to send out an email to everyone at the company to tell them the network was down.  And he did it every time.  We thought about telling him, but then decided we'd see if he ever figured it out.  He ended up leaving the company before we could tell him.  :lol:

It's still going, lol. People are back to saying wrong person. And the cycle begins a new. 
I didn't think this kind of thing still happened.  In the early email days when people were still getting the hang of groups and Outlook/Lotus Notes, etc yes but in 2019?  Haha.  

I didn't think this kind of thing still happened.  In the early email days when people were still getting the hang of groups and Outlook/Lotus Notes, etc yes but in 2019?  Haha.  
I saw some where a distribution list or listserv got corrupted or compromised or something and even messages just sent as “reply” to the  original sender went out as “reply all”.

This had the added effect of starting a chain of  “I swear I just hit reply” exchanges with the “quit hitting reply all” crowd.

Back in the late 90s some genius got one of those “Microsoft will give you $500 for every person you forward this email” scams and decided to mass forward it to everybody in our US and UK organizations.  Chaos and hilarity ensued, and thousands of reply all messages later, I’m pretty sure it took the email servers down for a few days.

i looked three days later and the original sender was no longer in the company’s outlook directory.  Probably up and quit after getting all that sweet, sweet Bill Gates loot.

Users who are viewing this thread