What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

After all these years.... (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
Going back through the two "reasons you feel old" threads, I got to thinking... are there things you can still do that make you feel like you "still got it"?  I'm sure there will be one common answer  :oldunsure:  but looking for others... schtick highly encouraged, of course.

For me, I still have a gorgeous jump shot in hoops.  Of course, I don't get as high up in the air, but the form itself is still magical.

What say you?

I can still juggle knives.  If that counts as having "it."

Edit: Oh, and I can still blow the doors off of karaoke night.  I'm ugly as sin, but I have a great set of pipes

Come to think of it, I'm a pretty huge nerd and I probably never had "it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Going back through the two "reasons you feel old" threads, I got to thinking... are there things you can still do that make you feel like you "still got it"?  I'm sure there will be one common answer  :oldunsure:  but looking for others... schtick highly encouraged, of course.

For me, I still have a gorgeous jump shot in hoops.  Of course, I don't get as high up in the air, but the form itself is still magical.

What say you?
I have a darn fine new appreciation for mineral water. Unfortunately, I'm finding most of it is bottled by Nestle and what that means. 

So, no, you got me there.  

Definitely and wow.   :eek:   I can barely juggle my calendar.
I can pick up virtually any handheld object in my house, throw it in the air so that it flips several times, and catch it by the base/handle.  This is much cooler feeling than looking, I have been told.

Sports. I can still outplay most of the youngins in almost any sport. What they dont know is Im in pain for 2-3 days afterwards. 

Edit: Oh, and I can still blow the doors off of karaoke night.  I'm ugly as sin, but I have a great set of pipes

My shock the entire room song is LL Cool J's "I'm bad". By then everyone is drunk and the baseline and lyrics slay. This event only happens twice a decade. If youre lucky. 

This, only I don't bother anymore. My joints bark at me for those 2-3 days of which you speak. I'd rather not.  
I'm getting there. Where I used to enjoy the competitiveness I now sometimes think to myself...."why?"

I havent played basketball in almost a year. This could be it. 

I'd love to watch Henry Ford singing karaoke while juggling knives.

I'm 50  and don't have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. So maybe my bladder/prostate can still function with the youngsters.  :oldunsure:

Finishing a 5k  in the middle of the pack of the high school cross country team.

Max half the events of the new Army combat fitness test, and pass the rest while the active duty officers complain about how hard it is. 

43 and fat, can still dunk.

So there's that.

eta - it hurts when I land so I only do it when my kids are watching.  :lol:

I have a bad shoulder, but I can still flash the leather out on the softball field (just dont ask me to throw it very far)
48 here and hit a ton of bombs this past summer.  Had a bunch of singles and doubles too.  My best hitting season in quite some time....playing 2 nights a week helps.

Though I’m relegated to RF or occasionally 1B or C as my range has noticeably decreased so showing my age in the field for sure.

What say you?
I’m almost 50 and still rocking faces!

https://i.ibb.co/1f8x9h8/BE05-A161-DA0-B-468-D-A539-A8-DEA0-BF1-EF5.jpg (shot I took from the stage at our last show)

Even being overweight and 3 knee surgeries later I can still throw down some drinks and tear up a dance floor with the yungins

:pickle:

:bs:

Film and post the Shuke-style video evidence.
Nah.  I can't do tricks any more, but just jumping up and throwing it down one handed isn't tough right now... aside from my knees and back asking me not to do it again.

I still got it, all you need to know.  :lol:

Same. Moguls might not be on the menu for much longer though.
yea.  moguls are doable, but not enjoyable.  steeps, trees and jumps (limited :lmao: )  are still on the menu.  i spent an entire afternoon in the terrain park with my kid, 2 years ago, had to ice up both knees that night.

Users who are viewing this thread