What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are McLaurin and/or JuJu dropable? (1 Viewer)

xenon

Footballguy
Which of these two would you drop if your rostered both?

Last edited by a moderator:
This belongs in the assistant coach forum or you will get harassed for it in here, but I will give you an answer. If I was going to drop one which I also have both and don’t want to drop either, but if I had to choose one personally I’d go McLaurin. To hard to drop JuJu. But like I said post in the assistant coach forum and when you post show who else you have because you may not want to drop either and will get a better answer. 

Juju has concussion, knee and toe injuries and his QB is probably no better than Haskins. This is tough but just on health I think I’d keep Scary Terry and hope Haskins improves over the remaining games and maybe builds chemistry and slings it a few more times. 

I suffered through the Jets/Washington game this week on my second screen. Haskins is awful but McLaurin did have a lengthy catch called back on a penalty (IIRC about 60 yards). 

Based on what is on our waiver wire, he is better than most players available in terms of upside and WAS has the 8th  best PPR schedule left ROS including good matchups in weeks 12, 15 and 16 (DET, PHI, NYG).

JuJu is hurt, also has awful QB play, has a below average schedule left and only one favorable matchup left in week 16 against NYJ.

This is kinda like a few other threads that discuss if and when to drop a stud.  For me, it boils down to a few simple questions:

1) Is the player missing multiple games while you have a short bench?

2) In the case of a WR, have his targets dwindled while he was healthy?

3) If I do decide to drop, can I get anything at all in a trade?

Before I decide to drop a player of Juju's caliber, I would look to trade him to a team I will not face again.  Even if you can get an upgrade at kicker, it's better than dropping him outright. 

This belongs in the assistant coach forum or you will get harassed for it in here, but I will give you an answer. If I was going to drop one which I also have both and don’t want to drop either, but if I had to choose one personally I’d go McLaurin. To hard to drop JuJu. But like I said post in the assistant coach forum and when you post show who else you have because you may not want to drop either and will get a better answer. 
There’s nothing wrong with this as a topic.  

"Droppable" involves assessing a lot of factors pertaining to your team and league. Can I see any reason for optimism that their fantasy seasons are going to turn around? No.

I dropped T Mac yesterday in redraft. 

Needed the roster spot to take a RB flyer and figure I can get a WR of about equal value on the WW if needed. 

So here's what I think about Juju:

If you are fighting for a playoff spot, I would go ahead and drop him.  Obviously doing nothing this week and the chances of him doing something good next week seem less than 50%.

If you are safe for the playoffs, I still think he is a hold, but the news has to be monitored closely.  I still think that there is some possible upside for weeks 15 and 16, maybe even week 14.  Maybe he gets healthy and he and something finally clicks for Rudolph.  Or the offense gets adjusted.  Or Hodges comes in and that's better. 

But if the news is trending badly next week, like he's not practicing at all, don't hesitate to drop him.

I really don't think it's that big of a thing to drop a guy that you project will potentially score less than a new starter and depth provided you get at least that depth off of the wire. I think, at this point in the year, you kind of deep down know what to do, drop or not drop. Depends on leeg and roster and requirements, as always.  

He is a drop in all non keeper/dynasty formats that are 30 roster spots or less. He isn't going to do anything worth starting the rest of the year.

In dynasty some folks still consider JuJu a tier one WR so I would try to sell him in those formats.

So here's what I think about Juju:

If you are fighting for a playoff spot, I would go ahead and drop him.  Obviously doing nothing this week and the chances of him doing something good next week seem less than 50%.

If you are safe for the playoffs, I still think he is a hold, but the news has to be monitored closely.  I still think that there is some possible upside for weeks 15 and 16, maybe even week 14.  Maybe he gets healthy and he and something finally clicks for Rudolph.  Or the offense gets adjusted.  Or Hodges comes in and that's better. 

But if the news is trending badly next week, like he's not practicing at all, don't hesitate to drop him.
No chance I’d play this guy in the playoffs. We’ve had 9-10 weeks to see his upside with Rudolph. I doubt it’ll magically click once he returns from injury. 

Let's try a little experiment here.  It's one I know @tackle for loss will love.  Let's assume you were brand new to FF and had no access to any stats from previous years.  Would you drop:

- The current WR35

- A WR already ruled out for week 12

- A WR on a team 24th in scoring

- A WR on a team 28th in passing yardage

- A WR on a team 22nd in passing TD's

- A WR on a team 6th in INT's

- A WR on a team with 2 unproven QB's who have 8 NFL starts between them

Let's try a little experiment here.  It's one I know @tackle for loss will love.  Let's assume you were brand new to FF and had no access to any stats from previous years.  Would you drop:

- The current WR35

- A WR already ruled out for week 12

- A WR on a team 24th in scoring

- A WR on a team 28th in passing yardage

- A WR on a team 22nd in passing TD's

- A WR on a team 6th in INT's

- A WR on a team with 2 unproven QB's who have 8 NFL starts between them
Need to know WR35 matchup, matchups always matter.

Dont play dudes who are out, just checked, they get you no points.

A teams bad scoring doesnt mean every player is bad.

28th in passing yards has a bad QB, guessing thats Green Bay. (lol, sarcasm)

22nd in passing TDs? Need pct of how many go to that guy. If he gets 50% share, ok....25%, no.

INTs dont effect the WR in stats, means they may need to throw more maybe.

Im about Matchups, unless it involves Green Bay, in this scenario. Bench all packers in the pass game until Rodgers decides TDs matter to other players besides RBs.

Both those guys were on the waiver wire in my league but I picked up a Josh Gordon for the playoffs. (I have Russell Wilson too). It’s just 10 teams probably why they’re there. 

Users who are viewing this thread