Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Eephus

Band, Concert and Tour T-Shirts - Now with homework assignment

On 11/22/2019 at 1:17 PM, Eephus said:

My daughter stole this Eric B and Rakim shirt from me.  It looks better on her.

Rakim is what all rappers should aspire to be.  Hooks remain the best.  

• Like 2

Mrs Eephus has joined the fun. She was rocking G 'n R yesterday and has a Chameleons shirt on now. 

• Love 2

My favorite bit of concert swag wasn't anything I purchased from a vendor -- it was a black letherette bra a fan threw onstage at a Bad Religion concert at a small venue in Montreal (Métropolis).

I was friendly with Greg Graffin at the time through a friend at college, and he invited us to the Canadian leg of the Recipe for Hate tour in 93. He gave me the bra as a joke backstage, so slapped the backstage pass stickers from this show and the one the next night from Toronto (at another awesome small venue hall, the Masonic Temple AKA The Concert Hall) on each cup and still have it today.

Green Day opened up for them on that tour, so was cool to see them literally right before the release of Dookie. The Doughboys -- a local Canadian alt rock bans also played. 

Good times.

• Like 3

Wednesday is for The Wombats or I should say

WOMBATS
WOMBATS
WOMBATS
WOMBATS
WOMBATS
WOMBATS

• Like 3

Thursday I stole a Los Straitjackets shirt from Mrs. Eephus' pile.  I asked her first because who needs something to fight about right now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

First show I went to was 1987 Peter Gabriel So Tour. One of best I'd ever been to. At an outdoor venue, 5th row stage right.

This was the t-shirt.  Not sure what happened to mine, wore it out. 

Will have to dig for some other favorites. One was for a Scruffy the Cat show, they were a late 80s Boston-based roots-pop-cowpunk band. Not sure about the shirt, but this is one of their logos

• Like 3

I probably have 10-15 I still wear. 

I might have to make this my priority tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Ok, was able to snap some pics of the ####s I still wear. Then I went down to the basement to check in my old bin and found some more. Funny thing, is that I know I’m missing some. Like my Murphy’s Law shirt, Madball, a signed H2O one and an H2O one that I designed. Need to find those, probably in my daughters room

Simon and Garfunkel, Front Back

Biohazard- Became my go to oil change shirt, FrontBack

Underdog, Front Back

Unwritten Law, Front Back

Wu Tang Clan, FrontBack

Misfits, Front Back

In my eyes, FrontBack

Pennywise, FrontBackHat

Grateful Dead summer 94, FrontBack

Pearl Jam

06, FrontBack

PJ 20- wrong state and dates, thx guys frontBack

Hat

E town Concrete, FrontBack

Rancid, Front

Bouncing Souls, FrontBack, Workshirt

WSOU Anniversary, Front Back

Temple of the Dog, FrontBack

Heckle, FrontBack

H2o, WorkshirtGuilty FrontGuilty Back,  10 year Front10 year Back

Suicidal Tendencies, FrontBack

25 Ta Life, frontBack

Better Than a Thousand, FrontBack

Sick of It All Front

Gorilla Biscuits, Front Back

Social Distortion, Jacket FrontJacket Back

Yo Gabba Gabba, Front Back

Bad Religion, Front

Punk Rock Karaoke, Front

Snapcase, FrontBack

Skarhead, FrontBack

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Ooooooohhh...Friday I'm on the TLC Tip.  

It's an oddball shirt because I never saw them live.  My daughter gave it to me for Christmas a couple of years ago.  Anybody who's seen my Spotify profile picture knows I :wub: TLC.  I love the shirt and the thought behind it but it's not one I wear outside the house often.

Bruno Mars wore this style of shirt in the video for "Finesse" but I look much older and more awkward in it.

• Thinking 1

19 minutes ago, Eephus said:
4 hours ago, AcerFC said:

Yo Gabba Gabba, Front Back

:pickle:

I'd stab a ##### for that shirt

Got busy so I'm late with the Saturday shirt.

Alice Cooper - I Wanna Be Elected is from Mrs. Eephus' collection.  It's another one that I normally wouldn't wear outside the house but walking around empty streets with a mask on is strangely empowering.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 9:22 PM, El Floppo said:

I'd stab a ##### for that shirt

I have the Biz's Beat Of The Day shirt from that tour... it's still in my regular rotation.

the only other shirt I got at a show that I still wear is from One Dead Three Wounded, I just really like the way it fits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaysus said:

I have the Biz's Beat Of The Day shirt from that tour... it's still in my regular rotation.

the only other shirt I got at a show that I still wear is from One Dead Three Wounded, I just really like the way it fits.

I have a Biz shirt from that show also. Must be in my other dresser. Will look later. 

Punk Sunday on the back porch.

It's a poster from a SF punk show from 1979 before I moved here.  The venue is now a post office, it's right next to the site of Jim Jones' Peoples Temple and down the street from the Fillmore.  I've seen a few of the bands that were on the bill:  The Mutants, DOA, Alley Cats and Tuxedomoon.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Eephus said:

It's a poster from a SF punk show from 1979 before I moved here.  The venue is now a post office, it's right next to the site of Jim Jones' Peoples Temple and down the street from the Fillmore.  I've seen a few of the bands that were on the bill:  The Mutants, DOA, Alley Cats and Tuxedomoon.

I have some real posters from show Ive been to. Ill wait for a thread about that to post them

3 hours ago, Eephus said:

You had me at mutants

• Like 1

But I was actually heart in mouth  hoping it was that biz's beat uh thuh day t

Love this thread. I can't hook up the imgur like the OP, but I can tell you today is Panther Like A Panther day. '

Run The Jewels

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eephus said:

Is that the hundred dollar shirt? 

Oh yeah, that thread. :loco:

Yeah, it is. I happen to just like it. I like the ringer collar and the black and white contrast of the pictures on the front. 

Ten cent head. Million dollar shirt. Nuke Laloosh. L-a-l-a-loosh. 

Supreme! I also ordered a Marvin Gaye shirt and skateboard deck from them for my wall. It's not the label, the label just does cool things, I guess.  And then jacks the price up to unconscionable levels. But I bought anyway.

Still kicking myself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

Supreme! I also ordered a Marvin Gaye shirt and skateboard deck from them for my wall. It's not the label, the label just does cool things, I guess.  And then jacks the price up to unconscionable levels. But I bought anyway.

Still kicking myself. 

I used to always play as the Marvin Gaye character on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

On 3/24/2020 at 5:23 PM, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

My favorite bit of concert swag wasn't anything I purchased from a vendor -- it was a black letherette bra a fan threw onstage at a Bad Religion concert at a small venue in Montreal (Métropolis).

I was friendly with Greg Graffin at the time through a friend at college, and he invited us to the Canadian leg of the Recipe for Hate tour in 93. He gave me the bra as a joke backstage, so slapped the backstage pass stickers from this show and the one the next night from Toronto (at another awesome small venue hall, the Masonic Temple AKA The Concert Hall) on each cup and still have it today.

Green Day opened up for them on that tour, so was cool to see them literally right before the release of Dookie. The Doughboys -- a local Canadian alt rock bans also played. 

Good times.

That's a pretty unique item.

Are you a fan of BR's the Gray Race album?  I was working at Atlantic Records when they asked people interested on being on the record cover to have black and white photographs taken of them (I didn't participate). Maybe a dozen people ended up on different versions. I have a copy with one of my close friends on the cover.

59 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Manic Monday with a Hot Thoughts-era Spoon shirt. It was a holiday sale this year.

https://imgur.com/a/EsRg5j7

It works better if you use the regular rear facing camera.  My phone has a three second timer option in settings that works pretty well although my pictures still aren't very good.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Eephus said:

It works better if you use the regular rear facing camera.  My phone has a three second timer option in settings that works pretty well although my pictures still aren't very good.

Ah, okay. I'm no stranger to vanity selfies, but thanks for the tip. Maybe that'll face foward.

I'll give it a whirl with the Dr. 

https://imgur.com/a/48Hi2bH

Works well, aside from still holding the camera wrinkle. The gist should be gotten, though.

Spoon is now no longer a mirror image!

https://imgur.com/a/p3izTUn

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

Nooqz?

It was supposed to be n00ds, but everything went haywire. 

• Laughing 1

I'm pretty sure this is all I've got.

Unknown Purrsures.

I bought a shirt like that at the Haight Street Fair in 1982 or 83 :bag:

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure this is all I've got.

Unknown Purrsures.

That's awesome. This was my favorite one ever that I never bought.

Who boyz?

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Eephus said:

I bought a shirt like that at the Haight Street Fair in 1982 or 83 :bag:

bag?... BAG?!!!

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

bag?... BAG?!!!

I thought it was purrfect. 

I'll see myself out...

March 31st (although it seems like March 6,784th)

King's X.  Forgot I had this one.

• Like 5

A couple on the train to Boston absolutely guffawed when they saw me in this, the shirt in the upper right. I still own it somewhere in XXL (I've lost weight). I didn't realize what they were laughing at until they pointed at it. We shared a sad laugh together.

https://tshirtcoolture.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/mogwaitees.jpg

• Like 1

April 2nd

Repping Detroit/LA Power Pop band The Singles.  Mrs. Eephus bought this one--she felt sorry for the band because there was only about 20 people in the club.  But they rocked all of 'em.  It's a cool logo and the printing is in metalflake silver.

• Like 2

April 5.

This schtick paid off in the real world sort of.  I was trying to remember when I first made the potatoes that eventually were repurposed into potato leek soup.  I couldn't remember the day, only that I was wearing an Alice Cooper shirt.

Stereophonics

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

43 minutes ago, Eephus said:

April 5.

This schtick paid off in the real world sort of.  I was trying to remember when I first made the potatoes that eventually were repurposed into potato leek soup.  I couldn't remember the day, only that I was wearing an Alice Cooper shirt.

Stereophonics

That picture on the shirt is hilarious.