What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Questions For Bloom (1 Viewer)

PPR league. Need one for my 2nd flex.

Note: I'm a slight underdog after Z. Pascal delivered a goose egg. 

* R. Anderson vs. OAK -- Boom or bust. He's not getting looked at by Darnold much, but he's going to get deep one of these weeks.

* R. Gage vs TB -- TB tough on the run and lousy against the pass. Ryan will have to throw. High over/under. Julio a little banged up and Hill not showing much. Gage could get targets.

* T. Patrick @BUF -- He's questionable with a shoulder injury. Not a great matchup, but T. White could be on Sutton which could open things up for Patrick. Don't expect fantasy fireworks in this game.

* A. Lazard @SF -- Tough matchup, but he looks to be Rodgers #2.

* J. Gordon @PHI -- May be more involved this week. Note: I'm already starting T. Lockett as well.

* R. Mostert vs GB -- Good matchup, but only got a few touches with Breida out last week. I'm also starting T. Coleman.

* B. Snell @CINC -- Wonder if Snell is a sneaky play. Samuels impressive catching the ball, but not so much running.

* J. Ajayi vs SEA -- It's been reported that Ajayi will play a notable role. Not sure what that means.

My matchup projections call for a close game. Don't see a lot of ceiling for my opponent so I think I'm looking for more of a floor play here. If I can get 9-10 PPR points out of this slot with a low probability of a goose egg (like Pascal) I could be in good shape.

Which?

Thanks

Back of bench stash in PPR- Lazard, Laird, Dionte, Gus, AJ Brown, Penny (Carson owner), Ryquell, Harry. Slight need in WR, but roster is pretty solid. 

Thanks for all you do and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Sir Bloom,

Tyfreak’s freak zero sank my battleship last week, so I am in rebuild mode for next year in this keeper/dynasty auction league with 3 year contracts per player.   We can sign free agents one last time in next week’s FAAB bidding round.  Of the guys listed below (plus any super deep stashes you might suggest) who do you like??  Roster size is 20 players and I can probably add 3 or 4 speculative adds.  Thanks!

Jordan Thomas, Ian Thomas, Ajayi, Gus Edwards, Justice Hill, Minshew, Laird, Ballage, Gaskins, Gesicki, Powell (if Bell leaves?), Peyton Barber, Bourne, Haskins, Jonnu, Irv Smith, Tannehill, Jakobi Meyers, Pettis, Chase Edmonds, Cobb, Keesean J. , Ito Smith or Qadree, Alex Erickson, Daesean Ham, Lamar Miller, Zach Pascal, Mo Alie Cox, Kumerow, Keelan Cole, Malcolm Brown, Dorsett

Would you drop any of the following from my bench for any of the above:

Damien Harris, Slayton, Hollister, Wilkins, Brian Hill, Boykin, Lazard, Everett, Josh Reynolds?

Thanks again for doing what you do.   Please run for your President.

Never ask for this much, but it's a win and in week for my league of record and I need help. I'm overthinking and missed on not starting JWill last night.

PPR League - Locked in starters: QB- Winston, RB- Kamara, WR- Chark, - DST- Steelers

What I need is 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 Flex (RB or WR) and 1 TE advice out of:

RB's - White, Snell

WR's - Cooper, Boyd, Cooks, Gabriel, Miller

TE's - Everett, Brate, Gesicki (wont talk you out of gesicki, but passes to TE have been there against newlook ATL D)

Leaning White, Snell, Cooper, Gesicki (just bc of opportunity).

Thanks, Sig!!! Good luck to everyone this week!

Hey Bloom! I hope you and the guys are getting back to full strength and get to enjoy a much needed respite this week. In a standard league:

1)  I need to flex one of the following: Hunt, Montgomery, or Gallup

2) If Kittle plays, do I start him over Waller? 

thx! 
yes but bc we cant be sure until after waller's game starts, go w waller

Hey Sig!

Standard flex; T. Cohen or B. Cooks

PPR; Mixon or Lindsay

PPR flex; Jeffery / J. Washington / D. Johnson-Pit

... talk me out of thinking about starting Wentz over Dak
wentz has no good healthy WR and lane johnson is out. NE D was exposed by the one top QB they faced so far this year

Hey Sig,

(Full PPR) Singletary vs J Samuels 

Thanks!
im going singletary simply bc i dont trust steelers to use samuels as lead back and he hasnt look same since knee surgery but its close. if steelers were playing opponent with better pass D id go samuels for all of the checkdown pts

2 questions please:

1) Need an RB2 in PPR for this week and possibly moving forward... Laird, Ajayi, Snell, Gus

snell this week, hopefully laird pushes this to RBBC and you use him rest of way

2) In a different league, would you trade away Smokey, ARob and Bo to get Julio and Devonta Freeman in PPR? I’m in the playoffs so trying to strategize for week 14-16. ARob and Bo have horrible playoff schedules and Devonta should be back by then.

A) YES

B) NO

Thanks Sig!
id hold smokey, arob, bo

Need as much upside as possible for NEXT WEEK (wk 13) and want to proactively pickup the QB now. Who’s a better play in 6-point passing TD scoring...do I go with the better player or better matchup?

Foles vs. TB

K Murray vs. LAR

Thanks!

thank you for your time

0.5ppr

q1: need your 1st and 2nd choices for QB out of: goff v. bal, foles at tenn, driskell at wash, jimmy g v. packer, fitz at clev, Rudolph at cinci

q2: need 2: marvin jones at wash, cooks v. BAL, gallup at NE, alshon v. Sea

q3: who do you anticipate marvin jones going up against Dunbar or Norman?
jimmy-nick

gallup jones

cant say for sure but i think teams view golladay as DET #1

6pt TD, -3 turnovers,   1/25 passing, 1/10 rushing   +5 at 300 yds passing

(1)   Pick 2 - Winston, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold, Jeff Driskel, leaning Winston and Driskel. (Darnold cant throw 4 tds again, can he?)

0.5ppr, +5 100 yds receiving or rushing

(2) Curtis Samuel or Jaylen Samuels
thank you for my first samuel or samuels question of the year

Get well Bloom!   12 team .5 PPR and playoff bound.  I lost Stafford and have Wentz as backup.  Rivers was dropped this week.  Worth a pickup hoping he will stop throwing int’s?

Second, I cant find a WR3.  Have Hill and Lockett.  Who should I stash?

Sanu

AJ Brown

Westbrook

Ahgolor

Diontae Johnson

Harry

Lazard
rivers over stafford yes

DST's question:

Would you hold SF (lg 1) and Bal (lg 2) and stream another DST each week based on your Streaming D article? Or, try to get another top DST, like Pit, Bal, SF, and ride the pair wks 14-17? Both leagues score Yds & PTS allowed as well as sacks, TO's, & TD's.
I would defintely roster two of PIT BAL SF if i can in leagues with yds/pts allowed. id be willing to play BAL here on out, SF maybe only 15/16

ppr - 8 team league 

** I am first place 10-1 and already sealed first seed, first round bye. 

My QB Mahomes is on bye. 

Only position I can drop to add another QB is RB or D. We start 3 RB and 1 D. My backs are Henry,4nett, Jacobs, MG111, Drake, Miles Sanders. My D is NE and Pitt.

Do you see a RB or D to drop to add QB? Is it worth it at this point or get ready for playoff run? I could drop Pitt D, thought using NE in week 15&16 or Drake/Sanders??

If u see RB or D to drop then which QB to add ?

Pick 1: Winston at atl, Mayfield vs mia , Darnold vs oak or Carr at nyj
id drop pit D so you have a decent backup in case mahomes goes down again, pick up winston

Hey Sigmund. 

This is a must-win for me to make playoffs. Here's my lineup and my dilemma (I've bolded my problem positions):

WR1: Chris Godwin

WR2: Amari Cooper

RB1: Aaron Jones

RB2: Mark Ingram

Flex: Todd Gurley, John Brown, Miles Sanders

WR2: I'm very tempted to play Brown over Cooper. Gilmore's allowed basically nothing in coverage this year, though I assume they could move Cooper around to avoid him. And he hasn't shadowed anyone of Cooper's route-running caliber yet. On the flip-side, after not using Harris as a shadow last week, I'd expect Harris to shadow John Brown this week. If he doesn't, I think Brown is an easy play over Cooper.

RB2/Flex: Feel fairly comfortable with Ingram here and Gurley in flex. But if Howard doesn't suit up, I think Sanders could be a great play... and not sure who I'd bench in that scenario.

Thoughts on combos of the above? Thanks in advan
play brown at wr2. DEN had some communication breakdowns in secondary last week. im fine with sanders over cooper at flex if howard is out

G'day Sig,

Been awhile.

Think this through with me, let me know your mind...

FPC Rules - 1.5 PPR TE

Need (2) FLEX :

Cohen, J. Samuels, B. Snell, Goedert, Renfrow, 

FPC Rules - 1.5 PPR TE

Starting WR/Flex: J. Brown(BUF), Chark, D. Adams, Ridley

Should I stay or should I go? J. Washington, Deebo, Renfrow

Starting: Chubb, Cohen

Should I stay or should I go? J. White, Jamaal Williams, B. Hill (over cohen)

Regards,

TOB

Week 12; where did the time go??

In a bit of a bind for WR in 1 league where I literally have A. Cooper as my sole WR with a game this week. .5PPR; which WR would you add and start this week:

• J. Washington @ CIN
  • Slayton @ CHI
  • D. Johnson @ CIN
  • Renfrow @ NYJ
  • AJ Brown vs. JAX
  • Dorsett v. DAL
  • Conley @ TEN
  • Gabriel v. NYG
  • Josh Gordon @ PHI (edit: added Gordon with the possibility Lockett will be out/ limited)

Also, I currently have LAR, but they have a terrible matchup v. BAL. Should I roll with LAR or grab one of the available DST's are listed below:

• TEN v. JAX
  • ATL v TB <---
  • OAK @ NYJ
  • NYJ v. OAK

As always, thanks in advance!
wont talk you out of johnson either

Hey sig!

Pick 2 please .5 PPR

Devin Singletary

jaylen samuels

michael gallup

john Brown

Also is it crazy I have in

driskel over Rodgers?

Hi Sig. please help. 

0.75 PPR. 12 team, 2 QB league. Need one flex (have Kamara). 

Latavius Murray

Sterling Sheppard

Bo Scarbrough (starting Driskell)

Mostert (starting Coleman)

Guice

Also please choose from Fant and Hollister this week and ROS.

Thanks so much!

Hey Sig,

1/2 ppr

Play Waller,  Griffin or if  Kittle is out Dwelley?

Need 2 of these. Gallup, McLaurin, Hunt, G Tate, Westbrook

play brown at wr2. DEN had some communication breakdowns in secondary last week. im fine with sanders over cooper at flex if howard is out
Thanks, Sigmund! Appreciate the help. So you’d rank my flex options as Cooper, Sanders, Gurley if Howard is out? Or Gurley above both of those?

Sig,

I do follow your weekly rankings as a guide, as a gauge. First ask of the year.

Seems we're both extremely close here. I keep going back n' forth.

At Flex:

Tyrell the Gazelle @ NYJ. 

Or

DK the Beast @ PHI

or other option is...

L. Murray at home against CAR. Already am starting Alvin.

I know you'll say won't talk you out of either starts. Add the wrinkle that I am already starting Lockett at WR #2. Had Tyrell in at first. DK in now.

OAK heavy favorite may close out the game rushing the ball vs. SEA an underdog on the road and it's Wilson. Seems like a good chance either Lockett or Metcalf scores, perhaps both. I think Murray has a good game today as well.

0.5 PPR 

Deebo v GB

DeVante Parker @ CLE

Non PPR 

Mostert V GB ( Breida doubtful)

Sony Michel v DAL

TE Premium 

Gerald Everett v BAL

Jared Cook v CAR

Standard (-3 for INT)

Aaron Rodgers @ SF (Own DeVante Adams)

Jameis Winston @ ATL (Own Godwin)

thanks for the help bloom!! 

Morning Bloom,

Need a 2nd RB today for PPR scoring. 

Choices are either Peterson or T. Edmunds. 

Guice eating into AD's touches has me worried and feel he's TD dependent. 

Is Edmunds the better play?

Thanks

Last second debate on WRs 2 & 3:

ARob v NYG

J Brown v DEN

D Johnson at CIN

M Jones at WAS

*full PPR

ETA as this just came across the email:

purchase OBJ for a 2020 1st + M Jones (oddly hesitant for reasons specific to league that aren’t really worth detailing)

Morning Bloom,

Standard scoring non-ppr league.  Need flex:

Hunt vs MIA - enough work for him in a non-ppr? I'm also a Chubb owner

A Robinson vs NYG - Has not done anything of late but plays against one of the worst D's 

Parker vs CLE - Very consistent as of late; wind may be a concern

Thank you as always!!

Hey Sigmund, 

Too many Raiders? Starting Jacobs, Waller, T. Williams. 

In 1/2 PPR, should I be starting Sterling Shepard over T. Williams to diversify at bit?

Week 12; where did the time go??

In a bit of a bind for WR in 1 league where I literally have A. Cooper as my sole WR with a game this week. .5PPR; which WR would you add and start this week:

• J. Washington @ CIN
  • Slayton @ CHI
  • D. Johnson @ CIN
  • Renfrow @ NYJ
  • AJ Brown vs. JAX
  • Dorsett v. DAL
  • Conley @ TEN
  • Gabriel v. NYG
  • Josh Gordon @ PHI (edit: added Gordon with the possibility Lockett will be out/ limited)

Also, I currently have LAR, but they have a terrible matchup v. BAL. Should I roll with LAR or grab one of the available DST's are listed below:

• TEN v. JAX
  • ATL v TB
  • OAK @ NYJ
  • NYJ v. OAK

As always, thanks in advance!

wont talk you out of johnson either
Thanks Bloom!

I've been leaning toward either Washington or Johnson as well. With Shepard apparently playing today, would you still roll with either PIT WR over him in a tough matchup vs. CHI?

Also, I forgot to include DET Defense @ WAS as an option; you still like ATL over DET in a windy matchup vs. Haskins?

Thanks again (as always)!

Morning Bloom... add/drop question for ya this morning.

2-QB PPR league where I‘ve already locked the top playoff seed being (somehow) undefeated so far.  Really only care about weeks 15 and 16, and there’s no waiver pickups allowed after week 14 Sunday games start.

Want to add Geo Bernard and RG3 to cover Joe Mixon and Lamar Jackson for injuries rest of season.

Potential droppable players are Guice and L. Murray at RB and Mike Williams and Curtis Samuel at WR.  Both are 5th and 6th options at their positions.

I’m leaning towards dropping Murray and Samuel, based on schedules for 15 and 16.  What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread